“college visit”

Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent one night for business, everything was great! Enjoyed the Jacuzzi and pool. The room itself was spacious with a living room, wet bar with refrigerator, and separate bedroom. The bathroom light was actually surrounding the mirror, and provided the best light (other than a lighted makeup mirror), I've ever had in a hotel. It made it easy to see my face in detail while shaving. Booked through Priceline at $55...what a deal! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Bid on Hotwire and ended up at this hotel. Needed a two room suite because we were traveling with our toddler son and we all sleep MUCH better in separate rooms. The room itself was fine-the shower curtain was ripped but clean, the bed wasn't a dream but it was fine, and the room was pretty clean. The hotel was packed with various different groups-families in town for a sporting event, a church group that was doing some sort of fire and brimstone karaoke both nights, and at least three wedding parties. The people were fine but the pool was packed with kids. As kid friendly as this place seemed, the set-up was super scary for me as a mother of a toddler. The interior is a huge atrium and each room opens onto the balconied hallways but the scary part was that my child EASILY could have fit between the gaps in the iron railings and fallen 8 stories. I have NO idea how this place is up to code (are there codes for this in Texas?). There was no housekeeping until the third night we where there. When we called the front desk to ask for towels they told us it was going to take "a while" because there was only one man running housekeeping for the entire building. I thought it was a fluke but, based on the other comments, it sounds like this might be business as usual. We were in a non-smoking room but our neighbor was not and we could tell every time they lit up. The elevators took forever-at least a 5 minute. Upon arriving home we discovered a completely random $103 charge on our credit card which they had made NO mention of when we were checking out. When we called to ask about the charge, they first denied it and then apologized and said they had accidentally charged us instead of Hotwire. That might be true but it doesn't match what we paid on Hotwire so that seemed strange. It was cheap as hell and the room was ok but I'm going to try and avoid staying here on future trips to Dallas. If we hadn't needed a suite we would have paid the same amount and gotten a much nicer room near Galleria.

Green Features: Well, they won't even clean your room if you ask so that's pretty great for the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank emoney95
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights in 2 Q suite through priceline. It was not a bidding but express deal that specified 2 beds suite, and it was more expensive than 1 bed suite.

When I got there, the hotel was literally packed with people because of some camp or something nearby, and I found out that they put us in 1 bed suite. Immediately I called the front desk about this, but the guy at the front desk kept saying that they can't honor the third party reservation and all the 2 bed suites are sold out.

I asked them to send up a rollaway bed, because I don't want to sleep on the sofa bed due to the back pain I have. First they said yes, then about 3 minutes later, a manager or something called and told me that they couldn't provide the rollaway bed because of the safety issue. The folded sofa bed + rollaway bed would take the similar space with a fully unfolded sofa bed, and I explained that to them but they kept saying no and even tried to scare me about fire evacuation.

Fortunately for me, priceline stepped in and cancelled the reservation and we moved to country inn and suite where we were welcomed far more professional manner.

I understand that third party reservation could be in lower priority and sometimes there could be unexpected sold-out. But where is customer service? If you don't want to honor anything from third party, then why do you even sell your room to them (and eventually to us)?

I would not recommend or return to this hotel ever and for that matter, I am not sure I would go to any of the wyntham property ever again. Just horrible..

Room Tip: Do they have any good room?