“Friendly, helpful staff”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #65 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel last week for a weekend. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were extremely gracious and when I became I'll and could not travel they even warmed soup up for us after the kitchen had closed. The cleaning staff made sure we had what we needed but understood we couldn't leave the room Nile thy cleaned.
We will stay there again when we go to Dallas.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Be warned: Experiencing this hotel is like going back in time to the 1990's! It is, however, a very nice hotel and the service is excellent.
This large, business class hotel has everything you need and the prices are quite reasonable. Our room was clean and well appointed. The upgrade to executive class seemed liked a no-brainer and we are glad we did. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed but was not busy maybe due to the major highway upgrade.
If you can get past the dated decor the value is here. It's clean and the prices on everything from meals to happy hour are reasonable. Service was excellent.
No, Paris wouldn't stay here but it's alright for most of us.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive class. More is included and I think it's worth it.
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The suites are very spacious but could use some updating, also had an odd smell maybe previouly smoked in. The kitchen had full size appliances. The hotel charged $10 per day per device for internet which I thought was overpriced with most hotels offering at no charge now. The gym was well equipped. The Galleria area is great and hotel is well placed. Overall experience was good.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

People! if you are looking for a place to stay for business or a family vacation--Please consider the Hilton Double Tree By the Galleria in Dallas Texas. The staff certainly made me feel I was at my home away from home. They were all so curteous and accomodating in all aspects. You or you and your family would have an exceptional stay I feel. Robert Knox

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is a very nice hotel. You get your money's worth. Those who enjoy breakfast that is a good place to go. For those who want a quiet place, please consider Double-tree. keep it up. Their reception staff is usually very nice, except for the guy who was there when we checked in. he was not that friendly. I do not think it is a good idea to have a person with an attitude at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

From the housekeepers, gift shop attendant, restaurant servers, to the front desk clerks, everyone I encountered was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel and rooms are clean and spacious. I enjoyed my trip to Dallas. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The internet was so sloooow and the rooms had water damage on the walls with the according funky smell in the room.The 'business center" is one little computer/printer tucked away in the corner and a line of people waiting to use it- good luck getting to it. Most upsetting part was the fact that the maid accidentally thrashed some important financial paper work in my room and when I brought the matter up to the managers I was told it was my word against hers and they are sticking with her story because that makes them look better. I had to call numerous times for someone to even call me back and address the issue. Absolutely terrible customer service!!! Most disappointing hotel stay yet!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

We always appreciate feedback and want to address or correct what we can during a guests stay. We had been in contact with the guest when she lost her receipts from shopping and requested over $200 from us to be reimbursed with no backup. When we didn't agree to give her money for her lost receipts she then made the complaints against the hotel on a guest survey and on Trip Advisor as retaliation. Gordon Rostvold