“Fantastic breakfasts, great service”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #66 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic breakfasts, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was here for a conference so I experienced more than just the room. Overall, I would say the Doubletree exceeded my expectations for the price I paid.
The room was a decent size. The bathroom vanity area was a bit tight (and I was by myself) but the bathroom itself was large.
Free wifi was accessible but it would kick me off on my phone every time I was not actively using it. So annoying. I finally switched to some other network I was able to pick up on my phone. My iPad and laptop worked fine with their wifi connection.
Breakfast was delicious. My conference rate included the breakfast and I would recommend it. It was similar to what you could expect at an Embassy Suites but I would say the service is friendlier-especially the omelet and waffle/pancake chef. I left my purse down there one day and one of the wait staff kept it safe for me until I realized what I had done. I also had a lunch there and it was good.
I believe this hotel (and most Doubletree hotels) are supposed to give cookies upon arrival. I arrived around 11pm after driving 4 hours straight and was told they were out of cookies. Maybe not a huge thing, but when they make a big deal advertising that, I was a little bummed. Oh well...saved a few calories.
One thing to beware of with this hotel is something out of their control-the traffic is awful. Dallas is doing some MAJOR road construction on the LBJ in this area. Avoid the LBJ during rush hour and weekends if possible...or become familiar with side roads.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors floor is floor 8. Quiet floor and one side faces the city. Makes for fun sunrises and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
new hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Attended a conference here and was pleased with the accommodations. The breakfast buffet was quite substantial and good. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Great shower pressure. A warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in was a nice treat. Good location, about a 20 minute cab ride to DFW airport. Dinner in the bar each night - good sandwiches, soups and salads. Near a Wal-mart, Wendy's and a another fast food place, all within walking distance. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south / west side overlooking the parking lot might be quieter.
Oklahoma city, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I just went with my family for a vacation. I really liked everything and most important is the Buffet Breakfast. The breakfast was excellent. The cook was so nice to us. The food he cooked was also excellent. We were wishing to have more things at fitness room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had a very pleasurable stay at this hotel, but the 1st reservation by a third party after hours offsite call center created a nightmare that wouldn't stop. I got charged for a double booking on one day. They refused to correct it so I had to call my credit card company. The staff replaced the non-working coffee maker with one that did not work either. The food was very good and the fountains created a great atmosphere at the bar where I had a drink every night. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff responded quickly after I reported there was no heat. Paint chipped off the air vent when I checked for airflow.

Dallas, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is pretty easy to find but I discount the location because it is just off the highway and right behind a Walmart. Due to construction it can be a little difficult to find your way here. I also discount the service/cleanliness because the housekeeping team has left items in my room on multiple occasions - a rag once, and a bottle of cleaning solution another time; or otherwise not left expected items - a floor mat for the shower when they have tile floors. It is well cleaned, but I'd like to see the housekeeping staff be a little more thorough to not leave extras behind.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This is just your average hotel in my mind after visiting a lot of different Doubletrees. The staff was good, not great and the hotel had a strange feeling to it for some reason. It just seemed out of place. The location itself is somewhat strange and is hard to get to right now with all the construction on the highway. The room was actually nice, yet I was on the Hilton Honors floor so they should be their best rooms. If visiting this area again in would most likely try another Hilton brand hotel in the area yet overall the experience wasn't all that bad.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

took my boy to the OU/Texas game this weekend and stayed here. staff was friendly enough. room service was good (perhaps a little over-priced) and was quick to arrive. rooms were of average size. fairly clean. atrium was comfortable. road construction near the hotel was horrific, but that's certainly not the hotel's fault. may stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family