“Upgraded Motel 6!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California, United States
“Upgraded Motel 6!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

So...my husband and I arrive for our anniversary weekend. Immediately upon entering the very newly decorated, modern, yet attractive lobby, we are stuck in line behind ten people waiting to check in. There's only two desk clerks checking in people for the entire hotel.
Finally, we check in. Enter elevator (very old.) I make it inside the room and begin to inspect. First I notice the bathroom was extremely small but doable. The room is small period. I look for the "bliss products" promised to me in my reservation which clearly stated "stocked with bliss products." There were None! I call guest services eh about five times and no one answers. I call again a hour later NO ANSWER! I call at 2am and was told they don't carry the product but was to busy to look into it at the moment.
We leave get food and return. Looking for outlets to charge our devices. Hmm...there are none surrounding the room and in fact the only ones were in the bathroom and on the desk!
BREAKFAST- your average eggs, pancakes, can't elope, sausage links, and bagels. Nothing to pay extra for!!
I call guest services for again asking for check out time later on that night (weekend reservation,) I get no answer again. I ask for a late check out and was told NO because the hotel was booked.
Overall bad experience and in fact I have received better service at motel 6. Never again will I stay at this hotel, the service was horrible. Only nice thing to say is that it looked nice on the outside. Oh and btw, it's not secured, anyone can walk in at anytime.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Nycole B
Ryan M, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Our sincere apologies for not executing to our high standards of service during your recent stay. As a hotel that cares deeply about your experience and prides ourselves on our great service and gorgeous new product, I was disappointed to read that we let you down. We will be sure to take your valued feedback and use it to make our hotel better and more enjoyable for all future guests. The lack of coverage and service available to you during your experience is unacceptable on our part. Our breakfast, which often impresses our guests as a full hot complimentary buffet (to all published rate reservations), clearly let you down as well. We are constantly monitoring our breakfast quality to ensure it is a highlight for our guests to remember. Finally, we appreciate the feedback in regards to safety and security. As a hotel operator, this area is extremely improtant to me and we want to ensure our guests feel safe while experiencing our hotel. Despite being in a safe location, we do not take this for granted, as we have overnight security continously patrolling our hotel exterior and interior to keep our guests safe. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you can come back to try us again, I am confident our true colors and genuine hospitality will show.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for an AAU basketball tournament. We stayed three nights. The rooms were nice. It was obvious that they had been renovated recently. The bed was comfortable. The entire room was clean. We took advantage of the small bar at night to unwind. It was a nice place to meet other parents. The breakfast was included in our rate which saved us quite a bit. Overall, there was a good variety of selections.

As mentioned, we had a basketball team staying at the hotel. The players were well behaved overall. One night we needed to feed them after a late game. The hotel was gracious when we ordered pizza providing us with an area to feed the hungry boys.

The hotel is very conveniently located near the Galleria mall. This helped us stay busy during the "down times" in the tournament. It was good to have access (within walking distance) because the traffic in this area was congested at most hours of the day. The traffic in the area and road construction limited our desire to explore Dallas.

Room Tip: As for a room facing downtown on a higher floor for a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and will not be staying here ever again! First, there's no Valet Parking, which was weird because I stay different Sheratons and they all offer it. This location charges $10 for parking but good luck trying to find a spot when coming back after a night out on the town. The lot is also poorly lit. After I managed to find a spot after 10 minutes of driving around I went up to my room on the 12th floor to have no hot water. I tried again after a couple of hours and was lucky to get lukewarm water. Hotwire rates this place as a 3.5 star place, but I believe they should drop it down to 3 or maybe 2.5 stars. If you need to get a room in this area, I would recommend the Hilton or the Westin.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Adeel M
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The lobby was top-notch in appearance. I enjoyed the comfort of the sitting area next to the bar and restaurant. We had the breakfast buffet and it was awesome. Well worth the price. The fitness room was one of the biggest I had seen in hotels and the pool was the perfect size and well maintained. We did notice an odor in the back lobby by the conference rooms but it went away the next day. The rooms were nice, bedding comfortable but the bathrooms were a little small. The only annoying thing of the room was the ac fan was loud. The parking lot gets crowded at night.Overall we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis L
Belton, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 8/3 to 8/5 while visiting friends in Dallas. My initial impression of the hotel was positive- it was nice, clean and updated. I'd been here a few years ago prior to the renovations and there is a big difference in how it was before and now. The bedroom appeared clean and smelled clean when we first got there but looks can be deceiving as the saying goes. We had a 2 double bed room and one bed was fine and clean while the one that I was going to sleep with my toddler was very dirty! There was grit and hair on the flat sheets, towards the middle and bottom of the bed. It was almost like whoever made the bed didn't change the sheets but only remade the bed from when the prior guest was staying there and then tried to hide evidence by cleaning only the top part of the sheet that would have been visible when the guest lifted up the comforter. It was absolutely gross! I had to sweep the middle of the bed with my hand before laying down in it, the second night, I decided to look further down the bed which was a mistake, after that, I really just didn't want to sleep in it. We should have said something to the front desk but by then, it was already almost 11 p.m. and we only had that one last night there. I ended up switching beds with my husband and he slept in it only to complain about feeling itchy when he woke up this morning prior to check out.

The bathroom was clearly old despite some updates made to it. It really wasn't the cleanest either. You could see stains in the sink (like when someone spits into the sink and didn't wash it) and there was a strand of hair stuck to the edge of the sink. The bathtub was clean, thankfully but it is extremely slippery so be careful. My almost 2 year old slipped and hit his head twice while we were giving him a bath and he wasn't even standing up the entire time.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was typical breakfast fare, nothing to rave about but it was free after all. The staff was courteous and professional, no complaints there.

We got a great deal on the hotel but I think the next time we go to Dallas, we'll be staying at another hotel and avoiding this one no matter how great the deals might be. Hair and grit on the bed is more than I am willing to put up with no matter how good a deal.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank eieio2006
Thank you for thaking the time to provide us with detailed feedback on your stay. My sincere apologies for what you encountered, as it is clearly far below our standards of cleanliness and execution. We have taken your feedback and utilized it to make the necessary improvements for our hotel and for all future guests. Cleanliness is a priority in any hotel, but is an area we pride ourselves on consistantly and will not compromise. We are sorry we let you down and did not show you our true colors. I do hope you have the opportunity to come back and give us a second try so we can show you our true hospitality.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I take about 28 business trips a year and have found that when in Dallas this Sheraton has exceptional rooms, great bed, pillow, and set up for my laptop. Flat screen TV, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast is great, and the fitness room is excellent - lots of new cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights - and once again CLEAN!
Service is good, front desk friendly and helpful.
Getting on and off the freeway is quick (though the only negative is that there is some freeway construction going on - but you can't hear it from the rooms).
Swimming pool (outdoor) is nice, clean, and good enough to cool off in.
This hotel is a solid deal.

Room Tip: I've been up on the 7th floor twice now - around room 716.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Reportman
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel itself is very very nice, the common areas are very nicely appointed.
I found the room to be very nice with the exception of the chair which was very uncomfortable to sit and read in. It looks great it just does not function well.
The bed is very comfortable and the bedding was very nice. The room was spotless. I would like a refrigerator in the room however.
I booked on a online discount website so the value was exceptional I found the service to be very good with the exception of the morning I checked out. I called for a bell man and after waiting for approximately 30 minutes I called to check and was told that the Bellman was off property and would be back within 10 to 15 minutes. With the exception of that minor hiccup everything else was very good

• Stayed July 2012