“Great location - great service - 100s of places to eat in minutes”

Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
Ranked #70 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“Great location - great service - 100s of places to eat in minutes”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I travel a lot and quite often to Dallas. I recently had to go out for a conference at a sister Starwood property (Westin at Galleria). Normally I would have stayed at the Westin as I love the property and that is where the conference was.

In this case, our marketing team had made the reservations for several of my team to stay at the Sheraton. At first I was disappointed, but after visiting the property and see how well I was treated, I will be back soon. Maybe as early as next week.

Upon check in I was upgraded (yes I am SPG) and was also given other amenities normally charged for, breakfast, etc. I did eat the breakfast on one of the three days I was there and I was very impressed. The bacon and eggs along with other items were wonderful and really fit a need.

The rooms were very comfortable. I was in a Jr. Suite and even though it was right on the elevators I never really heard them and it didn't disrupt my sleep. I used the fridge for water and other items for my trip and it worked great as there was a small freezer area.

The room was kept clean and my amenities were replenished as I needed them which was great and they came by daily to leave me more water.

I had forgotten my laptop at home and had brought my tablet which worked well for what I was doing but had some work items I needed a PC for. The club room fit the bill, I was able to log into Office365 and take care of business with a printer right there as well. Grabbed a snack and juice while in the club room. I found it to be on par with the Sheraton standards.

My suggestion to you is that if you are staying in Dallas OR especially if you have a conference or meeting at the Westin and want a different option. Come and stay here at this location. Its less than 5 mins in a car and maybe 15 mins to walk to the Galleria and there are 100s of restaurants within 15 mins. Great location and the management is second to none!

Room Tip: Dont worry if you are next to an elevator, the noise is not too bad.
Green Features: Great clean room. Personally I felt like the rooms needed to be cleaned a bit more (maybe a deep clean is in order for the area I was in). But overall, I will be back for sure.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. They have a great gym and a very nice pool that has great sunlight in the afternoons. The club room options are limited for breakfast and even more limited for Hors d'oeuvres. The variety is not as good as I have found in other Sheraton hotels.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Tom H,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. As a management team we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the Sheraton Club Lounge, we have followed up with the staff to ensure we have variety.
Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you make your way back to Dallas I hope that you will again choose our hotel, and if you want to reach out to me prior to your stay I will personally ensure the success of your visit.

Manny Valadez
Rooms Division Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As a frequent traveler, I feel it should be known when a hotel goes over and above. The Sheraton Dallas/Galleria was a very clean, comfortable hotel. The staff was very accommodating to my needs, and very friendly. I recommend for the “C’s” Comfort, Convenience and Cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Moraine, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

While there on business everyone was very helpful and assisted us when we were unable to pull up our presentation for work, they were nice enough to let us back in their office and use their laptop so we could get our work done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Front desk help was very friendly and even gave us complimentary chocolate strawberries. Rooms are large but bathroom is a little small. Very close toThe Galleria mall for great shopping

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11 the floor away from the elevators very quiet area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Orange County, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Dallas/Galleria when all flights back to So Cal from DFW were cancelled...and all hotels (all kinds/every level) in the immediate airport area were already booked up (ongoing severe weather conditions). I arrived at the Sheraton at 12:45 at night (technically in the morning), exhausted & stressed, and was immediately put at ease by very professional & efficient night desk guy...was up in my room within less than 15 minutes, very clean room, powerful air conditioning (it was very hot/humid/stormy outside), and tucked into my sweet sleeper bed, comfortable deep sleep in a blink. 20 minutes outside of DFW in non-traffic hours. Only drawback was price was high for Sheraton in a pretty neutral site...felt Sheraton is gouging desperate travelers a bit, hence my overall rating of good instead of excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Brand name is good as they says. I will stay again. I book through LTC on same day I stayed. There was no booking on system but still they give me a room. Friendly and nice people. They have shuttle bus running with in 5 miles distance. If you driving by your self, beware of toll roads. Toll roads change me 17 dollars something through rental car.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends