“Better hotels in the area”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #76 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Paris, United States
“Better hotels in the area”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When we arrived the desk said we did not have reservations. when i handed her my phone and showed her i had conformation on my email she just said she could not find it on her system, but she could get me another room for $ 100.00 a night more. We had to accept because my 8 year old was to have heart surgery at Childrens Hospital. The room was hot and we set AC to 65 but it would not cool below 78. The couch was torn. There were cob weds in the corners of the ceilings . The toilet was slow and would have to be flushed several times to work. The internet was all but none existent. All of this in a " premium " room ? Never again !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to extend my apologies for the complications that you experienced at check-in. We know how important a smooth check-in is after a long day of traveling and I regret that we fell short. Your feedback is valuable and greatly appreciated. Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed so that we may improve upon our product and service. Thank you for your business and I hope that you will give us another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Westland, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I travel to Dallas often during the year for business and I ended up staying in the Dallas market Embassy Suite this time. I usually stay in the other location offered in Dallas. Overall I had a great stay. Room was clean when I arrived, checked in quickly, and check out was fast as well. I am a runner and the fitness room was a bit small. Too few equipment and some of the perks on the machines didn't work but it suited the purpose. Pool area was clean but did not swim. Breakfast was great as always and the dinner meals were also very well prepared. The evening reception is a great way to end the day and make some new friends. Rooms could be a little quieter due to the echo of the lobby but was tolerable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a smooth check-in/check-out and that you enjoyed all your meals! We have an amazing staff that is dedicated to providing outstanding service! Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding the fitness center. Visit us again soon!
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

At the suggestion of a colleague I decided to book a room in the Market Center area for a recent business trip. Rates are lower and I was able to save a few dollars; however, the distance was further than I thought it would be. My recommendation to others in the same position is to bite the bullet and pay the extra to be downtown. Shuttle service was available, but not quite coordinated with my personal needs. Staff was pleasant and provided taxi and car service options quickly, but in the end the car fees cover the cost of choosing a downtown hotel. With all that covered, this is a very nice property. Newly renovated. The bar area is updated. The dinner menu had a nice variety and was reasonably priced. Staff at the desk, in the bar and at the breakfast bar were all extremely helpful and polite. The room was in good working order and served its purpose during the trip. A place to shower, sleep, and tackle another day at the office. Three stars but would be five if it were closer to downtown.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although the location may have not been ideal for your travel needs I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. I appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return to see us again!
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight in Dallas the first week of June for his birthday. This Embassy Suites was a awesome! They knew we were coming for a special occasion so when I checked in they advised the room was not ready yet so they could prepare with a treat. They put 2 pieces of chocolate cake with a bottle of champagne over ice in our room which was a pleasant thing to see after a long day. (Plus it made my husband feel special)

There was a soccer tournament going on so a lot of families and children running around while we were there. The free food & drink station was a big plus however the only part of the breakfast I found satisfactory was the omelet station.

Rooms were roomy & comfortable, 2 tv's, a kitchen area, bedroom, living space & bathroom. Beds were great! Noise level considering the kiddos running around was minor once inside the room. Another plus is there is a Whataburger restaurant right down the street that is open 24 hours.

I would stay here again if we need a place to stay in Dallas,TX

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your husband's birthday! Everyone deserves to feel special and I am happy to hear that we were able to inspire some smiles! We would love to welcome you back in the near future. Cheers!
Cooper, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family stayed here most recently just overnight. We got a corner room which seemed a lot smaller than previous rooms we have stayed in. All the furniture didn't even fit and it was hard to get around in the room. It has been updated recently and looks fantastic. the breakfast is great. Only problem I can think of was toaster didn't work that day. Checking in wasn't too bad either but staff not that nice. Needed towels brought up and that was quick. We stayed during the week it was crowded but not too bad, didn't have an issue with noise. Being that it is all open and glass windows for doors that always concerns me but it was okay. My daughter did swim in the indoor pool too. lots of standing water on ground too, which makes it extra muggy!

Room Tip: don't get a corner room , they are so small!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly value your opinion as we are constantly striving to improve. I have addressed the concerns that you stated regarding the service you received at check-in to ensure a better experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my first stay at Embassy Suites and was booked through a group reservation for a major convention in Dallas. I had read reviews online and had some concerns. I had nothing to worry about!

I liked that this was a smaller hotel and that the rooms are suites. The rooms all face a central atrium and the hotel faces a highway, so I was concerned about noise (I'm a light sleeper), but I had no problems sleeping. The bedroom is furthest from the door, so I didn't notice any noise from the atrium and my room was on the side of the hotel, so the window didn't face the highway. I learned a trick from a friend to set the room fan to "on" instead of "auto" to help create white noise and this definitely helps me sleep.

The room was spacious, I chose a king bed room. The outer room had a sofa and chair, along with a work desk and wet bar (sink, microwave, refrigerator) and coffee maker. Coffee (regular and decaf), tea bags, sugar, creamer, to go cups, etc. were all provided. There's a flat screen tv in the living area.

The bathroom had a door from the living area and another door from the bedroom. The bathroom has tub/shower, commode and sink. There's an additional vanity with sink and mirror just outside the bathroom, which makes it really convenient for getting multiple people showered/shaved, etc. Some people on the trip had 3 or 4 people per room, so you could also use the wet bar sink/mirror if need be.

The bed was very comfortable and slept well. There were bedside tables on either side and a clock radio was provided.

There was a wardrobe in the bedroom along with a chest of drawers and large flat screen tv. The wardrobe was a good size for one or two people.

Other reviews mentioned problems with their room keys but my keys worked fine.

There is a fitness room that you get to by going through the pool area on the lobby level. It's a small room, with free weights, 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and 1 bike. There are towels, ear buds and a water cooler. The treadmill I used had issues with the video screen so I couldn't watch the tv but could have plugged in my iPod (if I had remembered to pack it). I got to the fitness room at 5:45 am and one treadmill and one elliptical were already in use. By 6:10, all the machines were in use, so hotel guests who came in around 6:15 or later were disappointed.

The pool is an indoor heated pool, which I didn't use.

I was really impressed with the staff! They were super friendly and welcoming. Every person on staff spoke and smiled, from front desk, to housekeeping, to waiters, to the staff prepping/cleaning the breakfast area. I even got a hug from Maria. Erin was friendly and informative. Kevin (our waiter from the restaurant Atrio) smiled and spoke every time I saw him.

I really enjoyed the free breakfast buffet, it was pretty extensive and had hot and cold items plus made to order omelets. Coffee, tea, juices and soda (Coke products). The Dallas Convention Center carries Pepsi products so this Georgia girl was thrilled to see a Coke dispenser at the hotel. :)

The breakfast area has a lot of seating, unlike some of the hotels I've stayed at that offered breakfast. The same area in this hotel also hosts the nightly manager's reception (also free) at 5:30.

There are 2 banks of elevators in the hotel, one of either side of the atrium, each with 2 elevators. Even though the hotel was booked, I never waited more than a minute for an elevator. One of my friends stayed in a room ending in "x20" and her room was directly in front of the elevator bank so I wouldn't want that room.

I only experienced a couple of issues while I was there. On the first morning of my stay, housekeeping took the nearly empty box of Kleenex and forgot to put in a new one, I had to call on the second morning to ask for tissues, which were brought up less than 5 minutes later.

On the day of checkout, I called the front desk to ask a question and the phone was never answered, it rang and rang. I tried multiple times. I ended up going down to the front desk. I was looking for change (so I could leave a tip for housekeeping) and the only place to get it was at the front desk. There was a line at the front desk for checkout which was taking a long time because there seemed to be problems settling the bills for rooms that were being split among 3 or 4 people. I saw a staff member that was working the luggage storage that the hotel was providing for our group and I asked them about getting change, so the young lady told me that she would get change for me, which she did very quickly.

There was no problem with my bill at checkout, the advantage of staying by myself. For those people sharing a room, my suggestion to make the bill and checkout easier would be for one person to pay for the room and the other people to pay that person. Because this was a business trip and everyone needs the receipt for tax purposes, the hotel could print multiple copies of the bill and then the person who put the bill on their card could provide receipts to the roomies that they paid their share.

Overall my experience was excellent and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in "xx4" and "x20" are in front of the elevators so I wouldn'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for this thoughtful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback! I am so happy to hear that the team was engaging and went above and beyond to ensure your stay was amazing. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Frisco, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Once again, I was very happy with the stay at Embassy Center Market Center. Although it was crowded due to a Mary Kay conference in town, the staff handled check in, breakfast, etc without missing a beat. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for this awesome review! Even when busy, it is always our intention to offer you the personalized service that you deserve! I am thrilled to hear the team took excellent care of you. Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.