“Terrible for a seasoned traveller”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #130 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Terrible experience in this property. The hotel is old, although well located. Staff seems to be not very happy working there, you can feel the vibe when you have to interact with front desk. I't more like they do you a favor answering inquiries or even checking in.
The real trouble and test to the staff was after an electrical fire occured. Hotel was obviously evacuated and closed down. I was in Dallas with my two kids and arrived late that saturday night after a long day touristing around. They sent us to an alternate hotel fronm the same ICH Group, which was already fully booked, so we had to go back and then sent to a Sheraton. Much nicer and at the same rate.
Hotel did not reimburse a dime, for the trouble at least, not even a sorry note, please come back. They charged 100%. I complained the lack of communication, for sending us at midnight to a hotel with no occupancy (of their own Group), with two small kids... Staff was very cocky, telling me I was lucky to get a good alternate hotel and that it was my problem from then on...
I'd recommend 1000 times over Sheraton dowtown for the same rates this Crowne Plaza hotel has. Unsafe, unprofessional, Old, smelly (carpets smell).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Armando G
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Armando G
I am very sorry for the inconveniences you suffered from this experience. I'd like the opportunity to speak with you directly to see how we may make it right for you. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Deanna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My family and I stayed at The Crown Plaza-Downtown Dallas on February 23, 2013. We brought our two puppys as well. Jaclyn checked us in. She was the best, friendlist person I have ever met. She was super nice, overly caring and made our stay perfect. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They even check on our pups for us when we went to the hockey game. I highly recommend this hotel. Thank You Jaclyn for being so nice and friendly. We will be back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Monroe G
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave your kind comments. Jaclyn will be super excited to see your review. Come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel has some of the nicest employees that I have ever met. It was obvious they take pride in providing great service.

The room itself had a very noisy furnace fan. After being awakened every time it kicked on and off I had maintenance look at it. The noise level was slightly reduced but still very disruptive to sleeping. I had to turn the heat off at night for the remainder of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Kaye N
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I appreciate your kinds words about our team and always appreciate feedback that will allow us to improve. I'm so sorry about the disruptive noise in your room. I hope you'll come back to visit again and give us another chance to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I recently traveled to Dallas for a real estate convention with Keller Williams and stayed 5 days at this Crowne Plaza. I can not say enough about the staff. Zack, Kandy, Tijanda, and Donna made my stay exceptional. If I had a 1 to 10 scale, I would give them at 12.

There was a mix up on a welcome gift that was provided by a friend of mine and I did not receive it. Donna, took it upon herself to produce a Welcome to Dallas basket for me that was full of fruit, candies....including a Dallas boot filled with almonds, chips, drinks, and much more. Zach should be a manager. He addressed situations before they became problems... I will stay here again and you should too.

Room Tip: I was on the 12 floor, but would recommend the 15th.

Dear Bill B
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to share them with our staff and our future guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the gift basket. We hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed three nights, 22nd January 2013 to 25th January 2013, at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown before venturing on to Fort Lauderdale to board a cruise liner. The staff were extremely welcoming and greeted us with happy smiles. As a Priority Club member we received a welcoming gift and a discount card to use in the restaurant. The position of the hotel was very central and we were given excellent instructions on how to use the bus system to travel to various points of interest. The hotel rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. We also had a wonderful view of the Dallas skyline from our balcony. I would recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers from Australia.

Room Tip: Enjoy the view from a balcony room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Julie G
Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review and for choosing to stay with us! I'm glad to hear you felt taken care of and enjoyed your visit. We hope you'll come back to visit again.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Last week I was attending a function at the convention center in downtown Dallas. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas which was only a few blocks away from the convention center. I was greeted by a woman actually from East Tennessee. It was amazing to see her eyes light up as she looked at my ID. Donnna told me she was born and raised just outside of Knoxville and it was evident in her true southern hospitality. She went out of her way to print me maps to locations and help me find things to do all week. I especially liked that on my last night she helped me open a bottle of wine since room service had already closed. So if you still like southern hospitality and staying with great service then I recommend the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas as the place to stay.

Room Tip: chose a room on the top levels the night lights are beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Lost TN L
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza! I just know Donna will be delighted to hear of your review. We look forward to having you back in Texas and serving you again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Our wonderful get away started with the cheerful, knowledgable front desk staff, Ingrid and Katerina! Their kindness and professional attitude made our trip!!

Great room, wonderful breakfast and perfect location!

We will be back soon!!

Virginia Morris

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear IrishLife2
We are so glad to hear your visit was a success! I shared your comments with Ingrid and Katerina in our department meeting. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!
Have a great weekend!