“Good experience”

Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Mobile, Alabama
“Good experience”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Nice centrally located hotel near some good restaurants. We arrived at the same time as a few more groups of guests and the staff was very quick to open more lines to minimize the wait. Donna helped me and was very friendly and professional. I was very pleased with the room which overlooked the pool and the Dallas skyline. The a/c was set to 68 but the room stayed at 78 until late in the evening. I guess 98 degree days are a bit much for it to cope with. I called the front desk and was told someone would be right up. Either they forgot or I dozed off because I never heard from them. The next day I shut the drapes when I left and when I returned the temp was closer to 73. Nice sized room with digital wall safe, fridge, microwave, etc. This room also had a sliding door which opened to a small balcony. The door didn't have a lock and I would have been concerned if my small children were traveling with me. Another poster commented on the pool party which has a DJ and extremely loud music. If you want to use the pool with children or wish to sleep between 1-9 on a Sunday you may look elsewhere. Overall it was a good experience and the concierge Joe is great, very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Boudreaux519
Brian A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 12 January 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

We, at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, appreciate your comments, suggestions, and the fact that you stayed with us. We are currently going back through and touching any reviews that we did not respond to, just to let you, our valued guest know, that we do look at them and appreciate them. We also want all of our guests past, present, and future know that we will address any concerns brought forth, as we attempt to improve our property in every way possible. Thank you all again for your patronage and taking the time to review us here on tripadvisor.

Brian Angerer
Front Office Manager
Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Hotel was okay but expected much more for being a Crowne Plaza. The $12 Breakfast Bar was a joke and everything was the same for the 3 days I was there. They did have really good television selection and room stayed cool. Bath amenities were nice but room was worn out and definitely needed some (PM) in the public areas. Also no bellman??????

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Rusty T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the room condition and with breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Room was spacious and clean (stayed on the 17th floor). Had a double queen bed room overlooking the pool area. Hotel was clean, quiet and with a good location (close to Dealy Plaza, JFK museum). Did not eat the breakfast. Had a small problem with our hair dryer that was quickly fixed by the management. Laundry machines on the 9th floor worked well, although you need a lot of quarters so make sure to get change at the reception because there's none to be found on the 9th floor. Carpets felt a bit dated but I liked the general look of the hotel. Wifi worked great and no problems checking out around noon. Having read some of the other reviews that discussed bug encounters I must say that I did not see a single bug inside the hotel, however the next day walking around the back of the building the large AC outlet facing that street had plenty of cockroaches laying around. I'm no expert but I'm inclined to agree with some previous reviewers, this place might have a bug problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Swedish-Kristofer,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Lera P
Orlando
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Management made a choice: allow private pool parties and make more money at the expense of their paying guests. They must figure that they would make more money than what they will lose by turning off existing customers. I know that I will never return to this hotel so they have lost my business, as well as those I can influence through Trip Advisor. Also, as a Platinum member, I am about done with Holiday Inn properties and going forward will put my business travel with another chain. I have had 3 straight poor experiences at Holiday Inn properties, which tells me that corporate management has lost control.

The details of this experience are as follows: This was a family vacation, and we structured our limited time in Dallas to allow for visiting the museums with some planned down-time at the pool. However, they have a private pool party from 2-9 PM on Sunday, so my family and I could not use the facilities. Then on Monday morning, it was closed until 1 PM. So we re-arranged our schedule again and I asked for a late checkout. At first I was told they would charge me an extra $50 for it but then I asked for a manager. He then went out of his way to tell me that they would allow it only because no one else was going to be in the room, not because they felt they owed their guests the use of the facilities.

Again, management made a choice. They lose my business. Hope they got enough drunks on Sunday to make up for it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear candl20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the level of service you have received during your stay that did not meet your expectations. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel wasnt bad for the price. The roof pool is pretty nice, the bed was comfortable, & it's in a convenient location.
The A/C in the room was noisy. There's a fire station close by that stays very busy so hopefully you're not a light sleeper. There's a private party at the pool every Sunday from 2 to 8:30. Management says guests are welcome, but the people throwing the party charge you $20. There were a slight few mishaps w/ our room, one being quite significant. However, the manager was a gentleman about it & agreed to upgrade us to a better room; so I wont mention the specifics.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Brian Angerer
Front Office Manager
Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had a terrible experience with this hotel. I arrived at 11:45pm on Saturday 5/18/13. Twice, I took the elevator with all of my baggage only to find that both rooms were already occupied. The first one was full of 5 men playing cards and drinking alcohol. I went back down to the lobby and switched rooms. The second room was dark and a man was inside. The third room that they finally gave me had cockroaches in it and no lock on the sliding door that led directly to the pool deck and open to all guests, meaning I didn’t feel safe. I called downstairs and the facilities person didn’t come up until 2:30am.
I asked for laundry services which I paid for. When I arrived home in Los Angeles I realized that they had not returned my pants. I called the hotel and 2 different employees (Gerald and Billy) promised that they would investigate the situation and call me back. They never did. After a week, I called and spoke with Ashley who also looked into it. She found that the pants were still missing, and offered to pay for a new pair of pants. I sent her a receipt the next day on 5/30, and Ashley replied stating that they had found my pants and would send them to me in addition to reimbursing me for my new pair. After nearly two weeks, I had not heard anything. I called Ashley on 6/10 and she was surprised I hadn’t received anything. After looking into this situation again, she emailed me stating that they would either reimburse me OR send me my old pair of pants, but not both. The only reason I bought a new pair of pants was because they lost my first pair. I was also billed for the laundry services!!! I was very frustrated with their service at which point Ashley stated, “I ‘m no longer going to help you because you’re so upset”. I’m incredibly disappointed in the services provided at this hotel and I would like for someone to get in touch with me. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChubbyFranklin
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear ChubbyFranklin,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have shipped your pants plus $40 to help with the ones you had to buy. I will be trying to contact you in person Friday, June 14. Donna M.
Rohnert Park, California, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Started with them not delivering a roll out until 5 hours later, saturday night. Then around 3 am my room was filled with smoke on the 14th floor. The visual when we looked out was that of a building on fire. Heard no alarms at first, called front desk was told to come to lobby. While evacuating my family we knock on doors to warn other family's becuase we noticed everyone else was asleep. Once arriving to the lobby we were met buy a night club aftermath of drunks and speed cars out of the parking exit. In an attempt to get information and instruction, over the sound of partying people and firetrucks. I find a security guard seemingly confused as I am, instead of taking charge of the scene he pursues to get offended by my question of WTF. I think both your security that night was understaffed and/or undertrained. I was then threatened with arrest, and after I told him he could @ Him self he had no legal grounds, then he threatened eviction I said ok sat down to wait my turn to speak with the manager on duty (michael). Sometime between time Michael concluding with Mrs. Longoria, the guard decided his threats may have been misguided and said we would be allowed stay.....wohoo at this point. I had to be moved to another room cuase of the tiresmoke smell. I awoke 3 hours to my bill slide underdoor....the down graded me durning the 3am move and didnt adjust pricing.... (Jaclyn 5 star smile your company should thank you for your job well done on making up for your other co workers down falls and 5 star to Joe for the excellent attitude and help fullness. We really enjoyed your knowledge of dallas area and culture.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Michael H.,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am sorry for the discomfort that you and your family felt all due to a Thrive guest burning his tires out in the attached parking garage that unfortuneately we do not own. We appreciate your time and helping us learn where we can improve.
Donna M.