“Mega Musty!”

Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Vestal, New York, United States
“Mega Musty!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Seriously disappointed in this hotel. Cannot understand why none of the rooms have bathroom vent fans. Every time someone showers the entire rooms becomes a sauna and condensation forms on everything! I stayed for a convention and spoke with MANY people who were also staying here and they all had the same problem. There was mold growing in and around the a/c vent in our room. The shower had mold in it. The room smelled like mildew. It was actually so bad it smelled like a cat had sprayed. But for needing the be in this hotel for the convention I would have never stayed a single night. Absolutely gross. To make it worse our housekeeping was a joke. One day housekeeping never showed up. Got back to the room at 5 and beds were unmade and room not tidied. Called front desk, was told someone would be right up, went to dinner. Got back almost three hours later and still no housekeeping! I could go on and on about the lack of cleaning...but seriously, why are you still reading this review? So many more hotels in downtown Dallas to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer V
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Jennifer V

First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I would like to talk to you to get more information about your room. You are very right about the level of competition in downtown. We must improve and your review will help us get better. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Please contact me at chernandez@crownedallas.com or call at 214-742-5678 ext 303.

Chuck Hernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

horrible, horrible, horrible, never will I go back to this property again. IHG, this property was pretty disappointing. Lobby was lousy, elevators were slow, rooms were dingy, a/c was pathetic and the list goes on and on and on but you get the idea.

Room Tip: don't stay at this property.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sajjidd
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear sajjidd

I would like to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay. We have obviously failed for your stay. I would like to talk to you further about your stay see if we can improve for the future. Please contact me at chernandez@crownedallas.com or 214-742-5678 ext 303.

Chuck Hernandez

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel at the end of September for a wedding. At the same time we were there, there was a very unique conference going on at the hotel. Lets just say that as we left the lobby in a dress and suit and tie people questioned why we looked so out of place (as most people were in assless chaps and wife beaters). But who am I to judge - to each their own.

Regardless, the hotel staff was not very helpful upon check in. We were in the lobby waiting for some friends and my wide eyed sister said to me "slowly get up and walk away from that chair . . ." There was a giant bug right by my head.

The rooms are really dirty and the service was really slow. I'm glad we only had to stay there for one night!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JessicaEyes

First of all I do apologize for the issues you encountered here at the Crowne Plaza. We do work hard to accomodate all our guest and strive for your success. Please contact me at chernandez@crownedallas.com or 214-742-5678 ext 303 so we can discuss your issues at more length.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here for a week in early October for a conference. The room was decent, though a little worn (the desk chair had a torn/damaged seat). Location is right in downtown, but one would be advised to be cautious at night. Though we had no problems, it is close to the transit center and we usually saw multiple police cars in the area. It is close to Dealey Plaza and the Sixth Floor Museum and the Dallas Aquarium. There is a nice restaurant area near Dealey Plaza (just north). It is a block from the tram station, which can get you to other parts of Dallas. It is about a half mile from the arena (which I walked to for a Stars hockey game). Free internet was a plus--and worked well. There is a nice view from the pool deck on the ninth floor--we did not use the pool as it was a bit cool at night during our stay. The desk staff was very good. The rooms for the conference were decent and well supplied. Conference meals, while not exceptional, were good. But there were negatives. Penguins would have liked the disco where lunches were held--it was that cold. There was no alarm clock in our room, and it took a couple of days to get one (but wake up calls worked just fine). Cleaning was hit and miss--often our glasses were left half empty where they were put. Towels and soaps were replaced ok. There was no hotel services book--we were told they were making up a new one. We would have liked to have know what was available and where. Morning papers were hit or miss. We had one delivered two days to our door--but not the other days. None in the lobby--even early. TV was oddly fuzzy at times--I don't know how it was attached to the service, but the local channels were very spotty while HBO and ESPN were fine. Beds were ok--the extra pillows were nice. I really wanted to give this place 4 stars due to the great front desk service (Melody was particualrly exceptional), but could not. It fell just that much short. Still, we had no qualms about staying here. It is not inexpensive, but the price was unsurprising for a downtown hotel. Note that there is a rather high charge for parking--$14 a night. We only had a rental car for one day, so this did not hurt us too much. In all, our week stay cost just under a grand. It is a reasonable place for either a conference or visiting downtown--but don't forget the added parking expense if driving.

Room Tip: I might not want to be on the 9th floor, as that is just above the parking garage and has the pool a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear kgilbert78

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I do apologize for any inconvenience. This review gives us alot to go from. We will use it to make our hotel better and to see what we do well. Please come back to see us next time you are in Dallas. Thanks again.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for several days for a conference at a different hotel. The neighborhood was downtown and I didn't feel safe leaving the hotel alone after dark. The room on the 9th floor I was given was horrible. The images on the website looked nothing like where I had to stay. The toilet ran all night. The shower was stopped up. The shower head was held on with a rubber band. The phone was staticky and cut out. No microwave or fridge. Put right outside of pool area, and kept hearing other guests until late hours. I called the front desk for a wake up call, and never received it. I needed to use their shuttle in the morning to attend my conference. I was told two different shuttle times by 5 different people. Finally drew the line when I came back to the room after my first night. The air conditioner was leaking onto the floor of the closet. I called the front desk about the leak and they sent maintenance. I called to see if I could change rooms and was told I could move down the hall. I then vented my frustrations to the manager and I was promptly moved to the 15th floor. Now I can say this was a much better room. I felt much more comfortable and it was definitely up to standard. I was not joking when I told the manager that the room I was in should be condemned. I advise you book here at your own risk.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear mleal7

I apologize for the issues that you incounter while staying here at the Crowne Plaza. I would like to talk to you more about the first room that you were in and your experience. Please contact me at your convenience at chernandez@crownedallas.com or at 214-742-5678 ext 303. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we will use it to make the hotel better.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A good stay in downtown Dallas, room had a great view of downtown Dallas and of the Reunion Tower. You can walk to most places in the downtown area. Hotel room was a little tired and breakfast was okay, all in all no complaints

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard W

Thanks for your review and we are glad you liked the price. I would like to talk to you more about your stay and what room you were in so please contact me at chernandez@crownedallas.com or 214-742-5678 ext 303.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and from the moment we checked in with Melody and Billy we were amazed!! The hotel is a little dated, the service here is top notch. The bellboy Walter was the best bellboy/driver we have ever had the pleasure of meeting! I will recomend this hotel to all of my colleagues for business. Melody and Billy should be managers for the way they handled some of those people there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rico S

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your success is measured by 5 stars and we achieved that for your stay. Thanks again for your business.