“Nice Hotel, basic rooms”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Hotel, basic rooms”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Spent 2 nights for business at the Crowne Plaza Dallas downtown. Room is basic, little small, but clean. Single sink in BR, no vanity or shelf. Had to put my toiletries on the toilet tank top :( Nice desk, with chair, also a single lounge chair, no bottled water, just glasses, no closet, but a wardrobe. Breakfast is a buffet or menu. Buffet offered a variety. On site garage parking, addl each night. right in downtown, walking distance to restaurants. Iron Cactus very good Mexican.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear JackieMD1

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your business and we hope you return in the future.

Chuck Hernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel yes has a very good location downtown and the views are really nice, I was in the King Room corner 1631. As you entered the hall from the elevator it is obvious just how old this hotel is and when anything was last updated by looking at the faded, dirty carpet. Once I opened my room door there was a strong order almost like cat urine...but it stayed by the front door area.
The bed was the highlight along with the balcony, sheets, pillows mattress all very comfortable and you could actually sit on balcony. Restaurant food was "DISGUSTING" and that is all I will say about that. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear lettucecook

I would like to apologize for any issues you had while staying at the Crowne Plaza. We will use this review to train and make our team better. We have deep cleaned the room to eliminate the oder that you experienced. Again thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The location and cleanliness would certainly be an attraction, if the service wouldn't be so poor on so many levels: from the restaurant (forgotten order - 1/2 hour wait) to the room service (also forgot the same order - another 40 minutes!) then to the front desk who initially agreed to late check out then proceeded to deny that confirmation. In doing so, they decided to ADD a $25 late check out fee WITHOUT my approval. Thank you Crowne Plaza for deciding where I will NOT be staying next time in Dallas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cristian A
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Cristian A

First I would like to apologize for your poor experience. We can use this to train and make your team better. Service is our job and we definitely failed you. Please contact me so I can refund your Late Checkout fee at 214-742-5678 ext 303. Thank you again.

Chuck Hernandez

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I just spent three nights at the Crowne Plaza in Downtown Dallas, one of my least favorite places. The hotel has a bar/restaurant, not much else. I had trouble getting into my room. When you put the card in the door, you have to lift the handle up. No one told me and I tried pushing it down but couldn't get into the room. It went downhill from there. The mirrored closet was missing a door, the bathroom door couldn't open fully due to the new style half moon shower rod, which didn't allow the shower curtain to completely cover the shower and the floor got wet. The bath faucet was so loose that I was concerned it would come off and water shot through to the ceiling. I could hear people in the next room.

The chair was positioned so you couldn't watch television. You also could not see the TV from the desk area, only from the bed, which was very comfortable. They had a good sized small fridge in the room and a nice microwave. However the coffee table was above both. It was near on impossible to put water into the coffeemaker. Another couple staying there asked for an extension cord so they could move the coffeemaker but where never given one.

I would not stay there again. It was walking distance to my conference.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear moej50,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carthage, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Charles was very helpful with the shuttle rides. Very friendly. Room was nice. Loved the view of the lights at night. Nice location with parks in walking distance. Enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Staff was friendly. Service was a little slow, but the ambience was nice and we had time to talk about work while we waited. The food was really good and the servings sizes were huge. Check-in and check-out service was good. Staff seemed a little distracted, but overall they were nice. Used the computer room and that was a nice feature. Staff helped out with that since the printer was broken.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Rebekah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown with us. We appreciate the feedback from our valued guests, such as yourself, and take great pride in the associates who were able to make your stay a memorable one.

We have shared the detailed review from your visit with our operations team, and will use it to enhance the quality of future guest interactions. Your comments enable us the unique opportunity to view our staff and property through a guests's perspective and are the ultimate measure of our success. The finest compliment we can receive is to hear that our guests had a pleasant stay, and that our staff members were able to create memorable interactions for them.

Once again, thank you for making us your choice for hotel accommodations in downtown Dallas - we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We found the hotel, eventually, sat nav not great! Staff were mainly friendly except one chap, Receptionist, who gave me the third degree when my key card wouldn't work! I understand he needed to ensure I was actually who I said I was and that I was staying there, however, asking me to recite my home address in main reception, whilst in my pool wear, could definitely have been dealt with better. My other criticism with Reception is not one of them could help me with my bill or room rate on any of the three nights we stayed and it took two phone calls whilst still in the States and untold mails once I returned to get an answer.
The room was ok, small and not as nice as other chains in Texas on a similar rate. Pool side was good although only three sunbeds, not like the pictures! Once we tracked down a member of staff though, he found us two in a store.
NB if you book through booking,com and it says Total Price for your stay $*** apparently this is not the case!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Sarah1523

I would first like to apologize for not being able to correct or help you with your bill. This is a task that anyone should be able to help with. I have training to do with my team. Your business is appreciated and we hope that you do return next time in Dallas. Thank you for writing this review.

Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It's like you can't put your finger on it, but it just wasn't right. Back in the day this place was probably THE place to be, but not today. Oh, sure, clean and comfortable but you usually want a little more from a CP. The room rates were reasonable, so that's kind of a saving grace, but the restaurant/bar pricing was that of another place - a fine place, which it really wasn't. Oh, they do have the shuttle which runs you around downtown and that's always a plus for me!

Room Tip: Well, they said they upgraded me to a city view, so that must mean something...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Brett B

I apologize that we did not successfully meet your expectations for your stay. Our goal is that everyone has a successful visit with us. We will use your review to make ourselves better.