My business requires a lot of travel, virtually every week, I am in a hotel. This Crowne Plaza ranks as the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I read some positive reviews of this hotel and I really have to question the veracity of those reviews. The only favorable sight I saw was the hotel in my rear view mirror as I was headed to the airport. I waited a couple days before writing this review. Keep in mind that I am a Platinum member in Priority Club and they treated me like crap. Below are some incidents at the hotel and I understood from other guests, they had many of the same complaints.
1. When I arrived, two taxi cab drivers had blocked the driveway and were arguing in the drive way and I had to just park my car there after waiting several minutes for the taxi drivers to leave. I left the car to register and see if the hotel had a valet, which they don't. As I was waiting in line, someone came in the lobby of the hotel and said they were towing my car. The front desk clerk bellowed that in Texas there is a$ 50,000 fine and 20 years in prison for towing a car. I am an attorney, and that is not true. I left the line to go park the car since the guest registration was seemingly taking forever and there was no parking valet. When I returned, more people in line. When I finally finished the 45 minute registration, the clerk was just rude. Also,no mention of my Platinum Status. Also, the hotel has people coming in begging for money and the hotel doesn't say anything to them. The front desk clerk said they only had 2 people on staff that night and one of the employees was not available and he couldn't take care of taxi drivers fighting in the driveway, getting the beggars out of the hotel and registering guests at the same time.
2. I asked for change for $ 100 bill and the front desk couldn't do it.
3. The hotel breakfast buffet doesn't keep the food at temperature. The eggs were ice cold one morning. I noticed the day before the eggs were luke warm, but clearly not a safe temp. to avoid bacteria from forming.
4. My room was not quiet. I could hear street noise all night for 3 nights and the sliding door, leaked.
5. I had to ask for a chair to be delivered to the room. Yes, my room didn't have any chairs to sit.
6. The carpet in the room had an awful odor. I echo some of the comments from the other reviewer named Susan. The carpet in the hall way also looked well worn and just ratty.
7. I found the front desk personnel simply rude and they failed customer service. I asked one night if the hotel had a list of restaurants in the area and the reply I recieved was "NO!" Nothing bu NO! I asked for a late check out and the person on the phone granted my request, and reminded me to stop by the front desk to get my keys re-done. On my way out of the hotel, I stopped by the front desk, and explained what I needed. There were 3 clerks at the front desk all staring at the same computer monitor. One clerk finally looked up and said "Yes?". I explained what I wanted. She replied "what room", She grabbed my keys, updated them and handed them back and didn't say another word. I found that same attitude by any of the front desk clerks I encountered. These people need some serious customer service training as the customer is treated like crap in that hotel.
I did use the hotel van and the 2 van drivers that I encountered were very nice. One van driver asked me about my stay and I related a couple of the above and he just nodded and said that is what you get at this hotel. I think ICH group needs to really evaluate that hotel as a Crowne Plaza.
Again, a hotel to avoid!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of downtown, the Crowne Plaza® Hotel Dallas - Downtown provides travelers a home base with a short walk to the Dallas Convention Center and just six miles from Love Field Airport. Contemporary decor, elegant furnishings and signature Crowne Plaza® amenities provide a haven for business and leisure guests alike.Corporate and professional travelers enjoy easy access to the West End, Bank of America Plaza, Uptown McKinney Avenue, Renaissance Tower and Earl Cabell Federal Building. 30,000 sq. ft. of meeting space for up to 600, and perks such as a Crowne Meetings Director, a two-hour RFP response and a Daily Meeting Debrief. Our facility is certainly "The Place to Meet" among hotels in downtown Dallas, Texas and a great place to host a wedding, banquet or reception.Leisure guests also appreciate our hotel's convenient downtown locale. Dallas attractions, such as the West End district, American Airlines Center and the House of Blues, are less than a mile away, so you can easily walk to some of the major Dallas destinations.The Crowne Plaza® hotel Dallas - Downtown meets the needs of our guests with quality amenities, including 24-hour Fitness and Business Centers, an outdoor pool and our THRIVE Restaurant & Nightclub. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle and sleep well with Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage® amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dallas West End Hotel
- West End Hotel Dallas
- West End Dallas