“A very happy customer : )” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #126 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas
“A very happy customer : )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I can not begin to say how wrong these reviews have been. I was booked here with by my company for 33 nights and have had an AMAZING experience while I stayed here. I had one issue with my card, simple mistake and I have been apologized to numerous times and treated like royalty. The rooms have been cleaned and bed turned every night. The staff have been extremely professional and accommodating. Even the shuttle drive Charles has been a true gentlemen and never given a bad recommendation. I truly believe in giving a good review when it is merited and I cannot express how great of an experience i have had staying here. I don't understand why this hotel has been given such unfair reviews but I can only speak for my experience and it has been top notch.

Room Tip: as for a balcony, beautiful views!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for reaching out here and on Yelp, Michael! It's truly our pleasure to make your time away from home a comfortable and welcoming experience, so I'm thrilled to hear you felt so well cared for. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Charles. Hopefully he was able to give you his best BBQ recommendations! Again, thank you for the wonderful review and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in Dallas!

Shanna, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

When attending a recent conference I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown. I arrived around 11 am and was told the room wasn't ready. Not unusual, so I headed to my conference and then came back to the hotel ~ 8 pm only to find our they had overbooked and had no rooms. While this was frustrating, what was especially aggravating was the front desk first placing blame on me for reserving through a third party. After pulling out my laptop to show them the multiple emails from Crowne Plaza (some as recent as two days earlier), they actually had the nerve to say "those emails are from Crowne Plaza Reservations not this hotel", then to top it off they informed me that the alternative room they found would cost me $100 per night more. Even airlines don't have the nerve to charge you MORE when they overbook! The sad fact is that if I hadn't got very loud and insist their supervisor be called at home, that's how they would have "accommodated" me. But I did get demand otherwise and only then did they agree to pick up the overage and promise me that their shuttle would provide me transportation from/to the new hotel (a very nice Hilton that was far from walking distance to the convention center). In waiting for the shuttle, I learned that at least 5 of us were bumped from the Crowne Plaza and all had similar experiences of having it suggested that it was our fault for their overbooking.

Just to add a few more frustrations, it took me two calls before they would send me a receipt (the Crowne charged my credit card, which was fine as the Hilton did not). And even an email to ihg.com asking for a receipt initially resulted in them sending me not a receipt but a copy of my original "confirmation" which was anything but.

The only thing keeping me from giving the Crowne a terrible rating was the shuttle experience. The drivers were friendly, punctual, and had great recommendations for restaurants. The people who manage this place could learn a thing or two from their drivers.

Bottom line, don't trust your reservation, don't trust the Crowne to honor your confirmed room rate without a fight, but trust your shuttle driver's BBQ recommendations.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for bringing this to my attention -- it definitely sounds like we dropped the ball on the service front when you were here, and I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for that. If you would be willing to get in touch directly with more information about your visit, I'd much appreciate it. I would welcome the opportunity to clear up any remaining issues here -- your business is important to us, and we'd hate to lose you as a customer. After all, our shuttle drivers have plenty more BBQ suggestions!

Best,
Shanna, Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

It is an older hotel that could use updated. Staff was friendly but to many things wrong that I changed hotels after one night. Room han an odor. TV did not work and the wifi is horrid. It is close to the convention center which is why I booked it. Not sure how it has a bunch of 5 stars

• 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm sorry to see your stay didn't live up to your expectations or our standards. Did you happen to let our team know about the issues with your room? It helps us to know in the moment so that we can take care of any problems quickly and efficiently. If not, I'd love to get more information from you so that I can follow up with my staff in regards to your comments. Thank you for reaching out here and I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Medford, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Quick trip to Dallas to cover Creed's performance at the House of Blues lead me to stay at this hotel. I was impressed with the friendly greeting I received upon check in and the willingness to help attitude that came from each one of the staff members i encountered. My room was clean and fresh with ample room and comfortable furniture. When I needed extra towels, they were delivered quickly. The location (right downtown) saved me on cab and transportation cost and Charles made it be known he was available to drive me, if needed. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to a return trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great, but if you want great view of Downtown ask for a room on the East s...
2 Thank ttttttttttt t
So happy we could help make your quick trip such a hit, Carol! It sounds like our staff really made you feel right at home, and I appreciate your kind words. Your compliments will absolutely make their day! We'll hope to see you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

All the best,
Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My friends and I booked the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Dallas over the weekend to see one of our favorite bands, Creed, play the House of Blues. We picked the hotel because we were told it was walking distance. What we didn't expect was the very comfortable, spacious rooms and the overwhelming friendliness of the staff. From check in to check out, our every need was met with charm and smiles. Props to Maria at the front desk - many could take lessons from her!! While there we ordered room service from Maria and were delighted with the service AND the food! Comfortable rooms, great food and competitive prices...what more could you ask?

Room Tip: the views from the west side are incredible !!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerilyn T
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
What a fun reason for a Dallas trip, Jerilyn! I couldn't be happier that your stay with us proved to be even better than expected. We feel lucky to have such a hard worker like Maria on our team, so your kind words are much appreciated. I'll be sure to pass them along. We'll hope to see you again soon -- we heard the House of Blues has a great spring concert lineup!

Cheers,
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Dallas this month for the American Chemical Society conference and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Dallas. Everything was perfect! Walter checked me in effortlessly and with a very welcoming attitude. My room was sparkling clean and the towels, sheets, pillows were all fresh smelling and comfortable. The location, right in the heart of downtown Dallas made my life so much easier, not only for attending the conference but also for enjoying some shopping and dining just steps from the front door. Definitely worth the money and if I visit Dallas again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank dereck w
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks for the good word here, Dereck! It's always nice to be steps away from excellent shopping and dining when you're in a new city, so I'm glad to know our location made that so easy for you. Also, I appreciate you letting me know what a great job Walter did -- I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to him. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My family stay the first part of march. It was a great stay I like the restaurant was open till 10 each night an room service was open late too.. Amanda in the restaurant was so sweetheart she always had a smile on her face. . She waiting on us amanda she suggested we try the smash buger it was great.. my family will come back soon to stay an hope to see amanda

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I'm so happy to hear that Amanda and the rest of our team was able to make your stay such a hit, Jade! You'll definitely have to come back and see us soon -- we'd welcome the opportunity to host you again!