“Average Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #130 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked a room here for the location. The reviews were not the best but I was staying 1 night and really just needed a clean room. Great location for what we needed. We arrived by Amtrak and the hotel was located very close to Union Station. Grabbed a 24hr DART pass and I was good to go. Got some good BBQ a few blocks away and took the DART over to fair park (my reason for going). The room was quiet and clean, just like I needed. You could tell the room needed some upgrading but its an older building that for what I paid, was more than adequate. I would not want to spend a week here, but 1 night was perfect. One strange thing to note....we paid extra for a balcony room but the balcony was not accessible, the sliding door would not open. I felt like I was in Vegas :)

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay on a higher floor. When we checked in, we got a room right away, the lower f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear the location of our hotel was great for your trip. We apologize for the inconvenience of the door on the balcony not operating properly and have taken immediate action to ensure this problem will not happen again. We hope to see you back in Dallas and again thank you again for the feedback.

Regards,
Shanna Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Ideally located for our downtown convention

Self Parking was very easy but it cost money

Service was very good. The workers were very nice. Very nice!

Workout room was below what we expected The two treadmills were taken when I wanted to use. Not much else

The room was nice. Beds are comfortable, tv is good
Room a little small
The bathroom was VERY small. if you opened the door you had
a 2 1/2" gap between the toilet and door.
The water pressure in the shower was very low.

No free breakfast
We did buy it one day and it wasn't too good. Walk down the street for something much better at half the price

The hotel without using price as a consideration was a 2 1/2 star.
Use price and it wasn't a good value at all
You have many other choices of hotels.
This was a 2 1/2 star hotel

A larger room. Larger bathroom. Higher powered shower and a free breakfast. Free parking an indoor pool and better fitness center and this would be a 3 star hotel

It doesn't have those options yet so downgrade this to a 2 1/2 star hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear the service was very good and we highly appreciate you sharing the additional information about your experience at our property. I apologize you felt some of our facilities were not up to your standards and we value your feedback. We hope our great service will be enough to bring you back to Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown and look forward to seeing you return.

Regards,
Shanna Gray

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The room was a little small and the lady at the front desk was a pretty rude, but Melanie was amazing and would visit again because of her hospitality. Great location!!!!!! Had an excellent time. Would reccomend visiting the 6th floor museum and the park in the art district. During the day they have great food trucks out, super yummy

• Stayed: March 2014
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks for the kind words and for the great tips about what to do in Dallas! I'm sure your fellow reviewers will much appreciate your advice. And of course, thank you for your compliments about Melanie -- I'll be sure to pass them along to her. Hope to see you in Dallas again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed here twice in the last couple of months - it is a very nice Crowne Plaza in downtown Dallas - friendly staff and nice comfortable rooms - very close to some of the popular sites of downtown Dallas such at the Sixth floor museum, JFK memorial and Aqaurium and within walking distance of a few good bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks for the incredibly informative review, Tony! I'm sure your fellow reviewers will much appreciate the tips about our location and staff. I do hope you got the chance to explore Dallas some while you were here -- the 6th Floor Museum is not to be missed!

Take care,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Staying downtown for a short weekend. The hotel is old and tired. There was a dinner tray left in hall for over 24 hours outside the room. They provide free shuttle to local spots, which was great. Nice employees. Decent price, good location. So-so.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like our central location was the perfect fit for your visit, and I'm glad our shuttle service was so useful during your stay. I do apologize if you felt our facilities weren't well cared for, though! That's certainly not the impression we want to make, so I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I'll be sure to follow up with my team in regards to your comments. I hope our friendly service and convenient location will bring you back the next time you're in Dallas -- we'd love the opportunity to host you again!
Best,

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Last minute business booking. Hard to find a place with it being spring break in Texas. I Stayed 4 nights. As many have said hotel was dated on the outside. I had no real interaction with the staff, they got me in my room just fine. Having read issues with the onsite nightclub noise I asked to go as high as possible and got 10th floor. The dbl room was clean and more updates than the exterior. Wifi was fine. I wasn't sure if they offered free breakkie. I saw a sign for breakfast buffet at 19.95. Ouch. I'm usually a grab a banana and go so it didn't matter. The big plus of this place is the walking location to west end restaurants and the office where I was working at. I flew to Love field checked into hotel and walked everywhere. So from a business view where i needed a decent place to sleep, it was just fine.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael C

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Michael! It sounds like we were the perfect home-base for your work trip, and I'm happy to hear it. We set a pretty high bar for ourselves and are continually striving to provide a 5-star experience, so if there's anything we could be doing to kick it up a notch, please don't hesitate to reach out directly -- we're all ears!

Best,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I can not begin to say how wrong these reviews have been. I was booked here with by my company for 33 nights and have had an AMAZING experience while I stayed here. I had one issue with my card, simple mistake and I have been apologized to numerous times and treated like royalty. The rooms have been cleaned and bed turned every night. The staff have been extremely professional and accommodating. Even the shuttle drive Charles has been a true gentlemen and never given a bad recommendation. I truly believe in giving a good review when it is merited and I cannot express how great of an experience i have had staying here. I don't understand why this hotel has been given such unfair reviews but I can only speak for my experience and it has been top notch.

Room Tip: as for a balcony, beautiful views!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reaching out here and on Yelp, Michael! It's truly our pleasure to make your time away from home a comfortable and welcoming experience, so I'm thrilled to hear you felt so well cared for. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Charles. Hopefully he was able to give you his best BBQ recommendations! Again, thank you for the wonderful review and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in Dallas!

Take care,