“Gold Elite customer”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown on a business trip and was very impressed by the service I received. The welcoming courtesy and the efficiency of the lady at the reception Stacey McVickers was very refreshing after a long day of work. The hotel is located conveniently in down town and is very clean with a handy car parking. The room and the bedding was very comfortable. I look forward to going back there soon on my next business trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I'm so happy to hear that your visit with us left you impressed, O! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Stacey -- she'll be thrilled to know she made such a difference. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!

Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is the place to stay! From check in to check out my family and I felt right at home! Ask for Justin, Dale, or Kris. These young gentlemen will bend over backwards to make your stay as comfortable as possible! This hotel also has free wifi that actually works! Other things offered are a roof pool but it's not heated and it was too cold when we were staying there. They also have restaurants just a few minutes walk and several museums in the area. Their shuttle service is also exceptional just ask for Taylor! He will take you anywhere in downtown.

Stayed: February 2014

"Right at home" is exactly how we're striving to make you feel, so I couldn't be happier to hear that was the case for you and your family, Fran! You can be sure that I'll pass along your compliments to our team -- your kind words will absolutely make their day. We'll look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you're in the area!
Best,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Last week work kept me in Downtown Dallas for a couple days straight so i stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The location was perfect, not only for working but also for walking distance shopping and meals. The hotel itself serves a great breakfast and since it was cold and I didn't want to go out too much, I had a couple pleasant meals at their THRIVE club. The food was good and the service was excellent. Everyone who works for the hotel goes out of their way to make you feel at home. From front desk check into to housekeeping, my every need was met. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay right in the heart of downtown Dallas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I couldn't be happier to hear that you felt right at home with us, Elizabeth! Driving back and forth for work can definitely take its toll, so I'm glad we were able to offer up a home base. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our team -- they'll be thrilled to know they made such a difference!

Take care,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

BEWARE: If you decide to stay at this hotel make sure to lock everything of value up in the safe! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza this past weekend while we were in Dallas for the Final Four. He arrived Thursday night and I didn't get there until Friday night. Friday during the day when my boyfriend was attending coaching seminars whoever came into the room to clean it stole his expensive watch and personalized collar stays I had given him as a gift. The watch and collar stays were in a close box not visible from plain sight in his suitcase so whoever came into the room rummaged through his bag to discover the watch and collar stays. When my boyfriend arrived back to his room Friday night the box was left open on top of his suitcase so it was evident someone had gone through his stuff and stole his watch and collar stays. He reported it to the front desk and called the police. They came and took a report from him but the hotel was of no help. Apparently there was no one (managers or IT personnel) at the hotel between Friday night and 6am Monday when we left that was able to watch the security camera tapes. There was no attempt to try to have someone come in to assist with the situation. The remainder of our stay we kept the do not disturb sign on our door and just requested new towels each day. It would have been nice if we could have gotten to the bottom of this before we left. A manager did call my boyfriend on Monday once we had returned home but we still haven't heard any back yet. Especially with a theft and the importance of time in recovering the stolen items, I really think the hotel dropped the ball on this one. Maybe this happens frequently there but we have travelled all of the country and have never encountered something like this before. Still keeping some hope we might still recover the stolen items!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coachv1129
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies if you felt we weren't doing everything in our power to track down your belongings -- that's certainly not the impression we like to make. While it's not often that things like this happen, we do have certain protocols in place for when they do. I'll be sure to follow up with my team on this matter and make sure we're communicating with you throughout the process. If you have any further comments or concerns -- please don't hesitate to reach out directly.

Best,
Shanna, Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just got home from my annual visit to Dallas. This trip I stayed at the Crowne Plaza. The price was right and the room was clean, fresh and comfortable. The room also featured free internet service. Always a plus!! Aaron at the front desk was very helpful, too. All in all, I'm very glad I stayed in this hotel and will return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sammy E

So happy that your annual trip to Dallas brought you to our door, Sammy! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to my team -- especially Aaron! We'll look forward to seeing you next year.

All the best,
Shanna, Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked a room here for the location. The reviews were not the best but I was staying 1 night and really just needed a clean room. Great location for what we needed. We arrived by Amtrak and the hotel was located very close to Union Station. Grabbed a 24hr DART pass and I was good to go. Got some good BBQ a few blocks away and took the DART over to fair park (my reason for going). The room was quiet and clean, just like I needed. You could tell the room needed some upgrading but its an older building that for what I paid, was more than adequate. I would not want to spend a week here, but 1 night was perfect. One strange thing to note....we paid extra for a balcony room but the balcony was not accessible, the sliding door would not open. I felt like I was in Vegas :)

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay on a higher floor. When we checked in, we got a room right away, the lower f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear the location of our hotel was great for your trip. We apologize for the inconvenience of the door on the balcony not operating properly and have taken immediate action to ensure this problem will not happen again. We hope to see you back in Dallas and again thank you again for the feedback.

Regards,
Shanna Gray

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Ideally located for our downtown convention

Self Parking was very easy but it cost money

Service was very good. The workers were very nice. Very nice!

Workout room was below what we expected The two treadmills were taken when I wanted to use. Not much else

The room was nice. Beds are comfortable, tv is good
Room a little small
The bathroom was VERY small. if you opened the door you had
a 2 1/2" gap between the toilet and door.
The water pressure in the shower was very low.

No free breakfast
We did buy it one day and it wasn't too good. Walk down the street for something much better at half the price

The hotel without using price as a consideration was a 2 1/2 star.
Use price and it wasn't a good value at all
You have many other choices of hotels.
This was a 2 1/2 star hotel

A larger room. Larger bathroom. Higher powered shower and a free breakfast. Free parking an indoor pool and better fitness center and this would be a 3 star hotel

It doesn't have those options yet so downgrade this to a 2 1/2 star hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shanna G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear the service was very good and we highly appreciate you sharing the additional information about your experience at our property. I apologize you felt some of our facilities were not up to your standards and we value your feedback. We hope our great service will be enough to bring you back to Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown and look forward to seeing you return.

Regards,