“Real treat”

Ranked #126 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
London, United Kingdom
“Real treat”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My stay here was perfect with top class staff, very nice rooms and the all important high level of cleanliness . The location was ideal especially for the JFK experience, I will stay again and recommend the hotel ,

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank thfccoys
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Top-class staff, nice rooms, and a high level of cleanliness are all things we're continually striving to provide, so I'm thrilled that's exactly what you got! You must have come in town just for the JFK Museum -- it's so interesting, isn't it! Thank you for the kind words and we'll hope to see you back in the Dallas area soon.

Armando, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It is extremely difficult to distinguish a guest from an employee at this tired old dump. The worst are the two women who man the "lounge" and think they are professional bartenders but instead hassle their patrons instead of catering to them. The next is the repairman who thinks you are one of his helpers. They all think that you are there to serve them instead of the other way around. They are extremely condescending and aggressively remind you whenever they can that they are in fact the master and we are their subjects. Worst of all the owner(s) classify this third-world hostel as 4-star. All in all this place is cruel and unusual punishment for the client.

Room Tip: If you want a good room you will not find it at this hostel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gLoBe-HoPpErMaN
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for reaching out about your experience here. It definitely sounds like we dropped the ball on the service front, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for that. I'd love to get more information from you so that I can follow up with my team in regards to your comments. Would you be willing to reach out to me directly? Thanks again and I'll hope to hear from you soon -- we'd welcome the opportunity to make a better impression.
Armando, Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had a reservation at Crowne Plaza at market center, but had the number to Eim st location. when i drove into dallas from Houston at evening rush hr i started calling hotel for directions. I must have called 6 or more times frantically giving exits i was passing. I believe the most patient clerks names were Aaron,Dale, and Jeff. I hope the names are correct. They were so kind staying on the line givivng me directions. After i arrived at the hotel they said no my reservation was for other location. I was beside myself, i had a concert to attend ,and now had to find the other hotel. those guys printed out directions,and one even went as far to go out to street with me to give me more directions as what lane to get into to assure I would be pointed in right direstion. Next time I`m staying at Elm st location! They went out of their way to help!! Thank all you!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I'm so happy to hear we were able to get you to your concert on time, Vicki! We know how frustrating it can be to find your way in a new city, so we're always glad to help. You can be sure I'll pass along your kind words to Aaron, Dale, & Jeff! Thanks for the review and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in Dallas!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had planned an overnight stay-over in downtown Dallas with my fiancee, and Crowne Plaza was the first hotel I found that fit into my tight budget. For the price, I expected modest hotel accommodations with no big issues, and Crowne Plaza delivered. It wasn't until after I booked the room that I read the many negative reviews on this site, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Fortunately, I was not disappointed.

It's true that it costs an extra $14/day to park in their garage. If that's too much for you, there is ample parking at street level for $5-6/day. If you're driving a large pickup, you should probably avoid the garage altogether because it felt tight for my full-size sedan, and I'm pretty sure I'd scrape the sides of a crew cab pickup.

It's also true that Crowne Plaza charges an extra $11 for the breakfast buffet, which is the typical breakfast fare (scrambled eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, etc.) that's typically included in the price of a roadside motel. We weren't extremely hungry, so we opted for coffee at McDonald's across the street.

As others have stated, the hotel is in an older building and the decor seems dated. But the hotel was very clean, our room smelled fine and looked neat. It appears they have improved security in the building, because now you need a room key to access any of the guest room floors via elevator.

Our room was on the 15th floor with a lovely view of the industrial district, oh well. The location of the hotel was key, and it's an easy walk to Uptown, Downtown, the Arts District, etc. During the day, the vicinity is home to business suits, blue-collar workers, students, and even a couple hobos; basically no different from any other downtown district. We got back to the hotel at 1:00 AM Friday night, and the streets were basically empty. It appears that the cops are patrolling around the hotel well at night, keeping the vagrants and miscreants away.

The room accommodations were better than adequate. The bathroom was quite small, but clean and well-equipped with no noticeable problems. We didn't watch TV while we stayed, but we did have a rather large one available. The pool seemed clean enough and there were people swimming in it. Crowne Plaza is small-pet-friendly, although they charge a $25 pet fee.

So in conclusion, I would probably stay here again if I didn't have the $300/night it costs to stay in one of the five-star downtown hotels. It cost a bit more than the roadside hotels, which is what I expected from the prime location. This hotel is a decent choice for the budget-minded who wish to stay in downtown Dallas. And I don't have a hotel horror story to report, sorry.

Room Tip: Higher floors are further away from the hotel bar and other street noise. You can save a few dollars...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here! It sounds like our hotel was just what you were looking for in your weekend getaway. I hope you got to enjoy some of the great attractions close to us -- Dallas has so much to offer on the art & culture front! Hope to see you again the next time you find you're way to the Big D!

San Dimas, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

took my family to Dallas for the Mavs for the season closer. we wanted a hotel located near the AAC and this hotel is the perfect location not only was it walking distance to the game but game us many choices for moderately priced restaurants and great shopping. our rooms were clean and fresh and offered everything we needed during our stay. thank Walter for your help in scheduling our weekend and Stacy for friendly service! we would absolutely recommend this hotel to friends & relatives!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luz l
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Your recommendation means a lot to us, and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience, Luz. Hopefully the Mavs were able to pull out a win while you were here! See you next time!

Cheers,
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Randy at the Crown Plaza went well over and above in his assistance with a problem that I had. I have traveled the world and have yet to be treated as excellent as I was by Randy. I will tell every one in the future of this place and the service.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have better views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Your recommendation means a lot, Shawn -- especially from such a world traveler like yourself. You have my word that I'll pass along your compliments to Randy. He'll be thrilled to know he made such a difference. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were very happy with our stay! Everything was so clean, our room had amazing views, and the breakfast was awesome! Stacey as well as the rest of the staff were so very kind! Highly recommend this place! We will be back! Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for this lovely review, Cyrus! It sounds like our location was perfect for you when you were in Dallas -- that view just can't be beat, can it? Thanks for the kind words and we'll hope to see you again soon!