“Great place to stay”

Ranked #127 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
La Jolla, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was here in May on a business trip and the hotel and staff are wonderful!!! The room is clean, quiet and comfortable! Peggy and Aaron were so helpful at the front desk. The bed was very comfortable and clean. I couldn't be more pleased!!

1 Thank LTBee
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience here! I couldn't be happier to hear that you felt right at home with us when you were in Dallas. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Peggy and Aaron -- they'll be thrilled to know they made such a difference. Until next time!

Happy travels,
Armando, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and it was excellent!! The people at the front desk were so kind and helpful. I felt like a valued guest! Peggy, Dale, Aaron and Ashley were the best!! The room is clean and comfortable.The bed is wonderful!! Couldn't be happier!

1 Thank Lori760
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
A "home away from home" is exactly what we're striving to provide, so we couldn't be happier to hear that's what you got, Lori. You have my word that I'll pass along your compliments to my team. We feel lucky to have such a hard-working bunch here, so I appreciate you taking the time to give them all a shout out! We'll look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Dallas!

Happy travels,
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a big fan of IHG hotels and have had great experiences with them. This hotel did not meet the standards that I have come to expect from IHG.

The decor in the hotel is very tired and is need of an update. The furniture in the room was worn and beat up.

There was no alarm clock in the room and after asking for one, it never made it to the room and I stayed there for 5 nights.

The toilet seat was not at the proper fit for the bowl. It was too large. The toilet kept running after it was flushed. I requested this be fixed and it never was.

The amenities kit that I am accustomed to receiving in Crowne Plazas was never presented.

I will give the hotel positives for being clean and for being easily accessible to downtown Dallas.

2 Thank PaulEBNJ
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm so sorry to hear that your most recent experience with us didn't live up to your expectations or our standards, Paul. It sounds like we missed the mark on the service front, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for that. If you'd be willing to reach out to me directly about when you stayed with us, I'd love to chat with you in more detail about your visit. We're always looking for ways to better your experience, so any further feedback would be much appreciated.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Michelle Anne

I had to be in Dallas for a couple business meetings and picked the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Dallas due to it's close (walking distance) to the art district where I need to be. I must say, the hotel staff took care of my every want. Extra credit to Stacey at the front desk and driver Walter. They were both welcoming and very efficient. A clean room, free wifi, and wonderful location are all pluses in my book...but it's the friendliness of the staff that really set this hotel apart for me. I plan to keep staying right there!

1 Thank Melissa W
So happy to hear that our staff made such an impression, Melissa! Our goal is always to make you feel right at home when you stay with us, so I'm glad you can count on us for just that from now on. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Walter and Stacey! We'll look forward to seeing you again next time!

Cheers,
Ontario, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Will in town for business meetings, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas Hotel. Picked for it's very convenient location, I was equally impressed with the comfort of the rooms, including free WIFI and the courteous nature of the staff. No matter if I had a question at the front desk, or I needed extra towels, employees delivered with a smile. What a great place to stay while in Dallas!

1 Thank Shanna W
I couldn't be happier to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay, Shanna. We always want you to feel right at home when you stay with us, and I'm thrilled that we were able to do just that. Whether it's for business or for a quick weekend getaway, we'll hope to see you back in Dallas again soon!

Dallas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for an overnight getaway. The room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. The staff, especially Nathan, were extremely friendly and ready to be of assistance. Breakfast was above normal hotel quality, much better than I expected. The location is convenient and cant be beat for the price we paid. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
So happy to hear we were able to provide the perfect backdrop for your getaway, Jill! It sounds like you definitely made use of our amenities, and I'm thrilled that you were impressed on all fronts. We'll hope to host you again soon!

Cheers,
Reviewed 27 May 2014

First, we all love free stuff, so I was happy that I received free wi-fi for my stay. The staff was excellent and inviting. I arrived early and was still able to check in to a clean room and settle down before business meetings later in the day. Next time I'm in Dallas, I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Johnny W
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
You're right, Johnny -- we do all love free stuff, so I'm thrilled to hear the free WiFi was the perfect perk for you. Hopefully you got a chance to get out and explore Dallas a bit, though! The next time you're in town for business meetings, be sure to ask our team about some good Dallas activities -- we'd love the chance to show off our great city!