“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #126 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you want location and don't care about anything else, this place will work fine. It is close to restaurants and bars and the hotel has a free shuttle for under a five mile radius. Unfortunately, the hotel itself is extremely dated. The first room I was in was struggling to stay cool, so they offered a new room which the A/C here was the same. The carpet felt damp from the humidity. They really need to look into getting a better system. Also the shower curtain was way too small for the bath length (I was staying with four other co workers and they all had the same experience). Finally, not sure when it happened but I woke up the first morning with small bites on my lower legs. I am thinking they looked like spider bites, not bed bug bites. It has been four days since I left and the spots are just healing up. Overall, I just wanted to move hotels all together. For the price I definitely would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DSojka
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I hope you'll accept my apologies for your less than stellar experience with us, D. It definitely sounds like these are things we need to address, and I appreciate you alerting us to the issues. Would you mind letting me know when it was that you stayed with us? I'd like to follow up with my team in regards to your comments, but want to make sure I have all the information first. Thank you for reaching out and I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Armando, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The rooms here were nice. Good hotel beds, nice amenities in room and fairly quiet, but we were there during a week and there weren't many people on the floor. I like to get a workout while I'm on the road so I was looking forward to the gym that advertised "free weights" and other equipment. When I went to the gym it felt like a seedy movie set: dim lighting, thin drapes, and wires and plugs everywhere. The pads on the weightlifting equipment fell off as I and other guests were using it. Then I tried to use another station, I then found out there was only one pin to hold the weights in. There should be one for every station. In this case you have to move the pin with you and if others want to use the machine, well, they can't. It's a one at a time situation. There were no free weights at all. It's a rough gym, to say the least.

I told the front desk there were multiple pieces of broken equipment and I showed them the pictures. They said they would have the engineer work on it.

We asked for more coffee pods and waited about an hour for them to be delivered. We decided to just go down to the front desk after that and we were able to get one that had been shoved in a drawer for quite a while. Still tasted like coffee though, just wish we could have had it earlier.

I don't think we'd stay at the Crowne Plaza again unless there were some changes. There are other options for a similar price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for reaching out with some great feedback here, Ann. It sounds like these are definitely things we could be working on, and I appreciate you alerting us to the issues. You can be sure that you're being heard loud & clear and that I'll follow up with my team in regards to your comments. Hopefully this didn't put too much of a damper on your stay -- we'd love the opportunity to make it up to you the next time you're in Dallas!

Take care,
Sahuarita, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Downtown Dallas in May on a Saturday night for the Dinner Detective event. Monica was very helpful at the front desk. Food at the hotel restaurant was very good. Have stayed here before; the hotel staff is helpful and friendly. The shuttle service is so convenient and accommodating. Close to famous Dealey Plaza and the Sixth Floor Museum.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank econthego
Helpful, friendly service is what we're all about, so I'm thrilled to see that really shined through in your visit! It sounds like you enjoyed your trip to Dallas -- hopefully the event was a hit! We'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Cheers,
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the service and staff in the bar were great.

However, when we arrived by car, the bellman wouldn't allow us to unload or check in. We had to park in the garage and bring all of our luggage with us to check in. They never asked if we needed help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim E
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks for reaching out about your experience here, Tim. I hope you'll accept my apologies for the rocky start. That definitely is not what our staff should have conveyed to you, and I'm so sorry if that was the case. Would you mind reaching out to me directly to let me know when this was? I'd like to follow up with my team in regards to your comments, and any further information would be incredibly helpful. Thanks and I'll hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Armando, Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Leesville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

service was very good. the shuttle driver gave me a ride to a hotel. he was very nice and helpful. I spoke with him upon return and he is very customer focused. I think his name is John. I tried to check in early to no avail. When I did check in the clerk was very friendly. Breakfast was not included. Parking was easy and $14 per day. Good location right down town. Hotel is a little dated but the price is OK. Wifi worked good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Happy to know you were impressed with your visit, Samuel! John is definitely a great asset to our team, and I appreciate you taking the time to give him a shout out here. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words. We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in the Dallas area!

Cheers,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here after turning down the Lawrence Hotel (no food). For the price, I found it to be a pleasant surprise. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean. Loved the balcony and view. It was close to Dealey Plaza and lots of downtown locations. The only negative was that the pool was being renovated, but this was not really a problem for me.
I would recommend this hotel to those that want a downtown hotel at a decent price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad to know we were able to fill the void when you were in need of a hotel, Dave! It sounds like our location was perfect for your needs, and we're happy to hear it. We'll hope to welcome you back the next time you're in our neck of the woods -- hopefully our pool will be ready to go by then!

Take care,