“Bed Bugs...red bit marks on legs”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #128 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Bed Bugs...red bit marks on legs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Crown Plaza over the 4th of July weekend and I actually really enjoyed my stay. The room was nice. The staff was pleasant and the location was great. I wouldn't have had any complaints except during the later part of my stay my legs became very itchy. I didn't think much of it, but as it persisted for several days I became worried. It became worse as time went on and when I got home I noticed that there were a pattern of red bumps that had now scabbed due to my incessant scratching. I called the hotel this morning to report the problem and they told me to leave a message with the manager. No one has bothered to call me back.

I'm extremely disappointed and grossed out by this as this has never happened to me before. I was only in the hotel for 3 nights and that was a week ago and these bites are still driving me crazy. I will have to take off work to go see a doctor tomorrow, as the bites aren't getting better. I'm now worried that I will have to throw my belongings away or that I have already brought these bugs home with me :-( I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room with a king bed and a double bed, seemed larger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chissy89
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I'm incredibly alarmed to hear this, Chissy! First, let me apologize for the lack of communication. That certainly should not have been the case, and I want you to know that I'll personally follow up with my team about this. As far as the bites, I hope you won't be too quick to jump to conclusions about where they came from. Texas in the summer is host to a number of pesky insects, and it's entirely possible these could have come from an outside source. Either way, we'd definitely like to look into this, so would you mind getting in touch if you get a definite diagnosis? Thank you for reaching out about your experience and we'll hope to hear from you soon -- we'd welcome the opportunity to clear this up!

All the best,
Armando, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Jefferson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Our shuttle driver, Taylor, was awesome - he totally took care of us! We needed to make a stop at the liquor store, and he immediately said he would take care of getting it back to our room and in the fridge. He dropped us off at the House of Blues - where we had a great time - and our beverages were nice and cold when returned to our room. We saw him the next morning when checking out, and he asked if there was anything he could do for us. Excellent service!! We will absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DHall14
Well after a fun night out on the town, you just have to have a cold beverage to come home to, D! So happy we could help you out with that. I'll be sure to let Taylor know what a difference he made. Hopefully we'll see you in Dallas again soon -- we hear the House of Blues has some great shows coming up!

corsicana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza! Each staff member I came in contact with were amazing!. Especially the shuttle service drivers! Very polite men who were complete gentlemen! I had to use this service multiple times during my stay and each time I did it was better than the last! Big shout out to David btw! Never a dull conversation :)

• Stayed July 2014
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We feel incredibly lucky to have such great guys on our team, and I couldn't be happier to hear that you were just as impressed with them as we are on a daily basis, Khlos! I can't wait to pass along your kind words to David. Hopefully he gave you some good insider tips on where to go/what to eat in the city -- there's always something new to see!

Baulkham Hills, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Bed very comfortable, good quality sheets, in the middle of town within easy walking distance of The Grassy Knoll. We got to the Book Depository around 4.45pm which was just enough time to do the tour (closes at 6.00pm and takes between 1hr to 1:30 mins) Swimming pool at the hotel was good and clean with plenty of cover. The staff were very attentive on check-in and check-out and they have a bar on site for a late night tipple. I was surprised how quiet downtown Dallas was/is. Good value for money, lost a point because we had a room with 2 double beds, would have preferred one queen or king bed but can't complain too much because at the price we paid that was the only room available. Would stay there again

Room Tip: If you want the cheapest price, you may not get a balcony room...fair enough
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HairyBadger
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Dallas is quite a long way from Australia -- you all must have been tired from your trip, but it sounds like you really made the most of your stay in our fair city! Thanks for the good word and we'll hope to see you back in Dallas again soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I live in Dallas and needed to a place to stay during a bit of an emergency. Upon arrival, Bradley thoughtfully listened to my needs and together we worked to make it happen. This made the week here personal and elegantly tailored. I thank him for that.
Excellent and professional staff all around. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool side view was fun.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
We know that finding a room in a pinch can be a bit tricky, so I'm thrilled to hear we were able to make it so quick & easy for you, Audrey! I can't wait to pass along your kind words to Bradley -- he'll be thrilled to know he made such a difference. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you need a room downtown!

Take care,
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for four nights in June and was very impressed with the hotel. I was on my own and had not been to Texas before and the reception staff were very helpful and made me feel very settled. The room was very big and clean with high comfortable beds in. There was a large TV with loads of channels and a coffee machine. The bathroom was very clean.

The location of the hotel was brilliant, it was local to the historic district and the Main Street where the restaurants were.

I would stay here again if I ever went back to Dallas.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
So happy to hear we were able to help make your first visit to Texas a hit! We know that it can be tough to travel to a new place, but we're always here to make you feel right at home. I"ll be sure to let me team know what a difference they made. Hopefully you'll get another chance to visit the Lone Star State -- we'd love the opportunity to host you again!

Belmont, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have to say that I did not feel the Southern Hospitality at this hotel. It was fine... not awful. Everything just took a little longer than I had hoped. The shuttle was very busy. It took three calls to the front desk to find out where I could find a pharmacy that was open 24 hours. It took 20 minutes to get a cab from the hotel for the airport.

It is very convenient to the Convention Center. I also think the hotel needs to be updated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KMBelmont
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I appreciate your candid feedback here, KM. We're always looking for ways to better your experience and if ramping up our shuttle capacity is a way to do that, you can be sure we'll keep it in mind moving forward. Of course, I hope you'll keep in mind that holiday weekends can be a bit busier than others on the shuttle and cab fronts. While we'd like to get you to where you need to be in no time, sometimes it's simply out of our hands. If you have any further feedback on how we can kick it up a notch, we're all ears!