“Decent place ”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #127 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“Decent place ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Overall it's a decent place. There were only a few things wrong in the room. And they were too minimal to make a difference for me. My one complaint is the shuttle service. However handy it was to get to northpark. They forgot to come get us. Other than that everything was fine. I wanted to make it known that the Brad at the front desk was very helpful in anything we needed. And really made our trip easier and more enjoyable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Matthew K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience here, Ryan! It sounds like Brad made quite a difference in your stay, and I appreciate you giving him a shout out here. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words. As far as the shuttle, so sorry about that! There must have been a miscommunication between our team, and I apologize if it inconvenienced you in any way. Will you be back in Dallas again anytime soon? We'd love to give you that 5-star experience I know we're capable of!

Matthew, Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

After arriving to the 18th floor, I noticed the mismatched furniture and no where to place my bag. After having dinner, in their empty bar, I returned to my room to find two spider crickets in my bathroom. Less than an hour later, another cricket on my bed. I called the front desk and they said it was beetle and spider cricket season. I ended up killing 11 spider crickets and checked out the next morning and booked into the plush Omni Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bort3
Matthew K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your most recent experience with us, Bort. While this time of the year in Texas can make pest control a bit trickier, that should never be reflected in your stay, and I'm honestly embarrassed about this. Would you mind getting in touch with me directly with a bit more information? I'd love to look into this with my team, and any further information you have would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks and I'll hope to hear from you soon,
Matthew, Director of Rooms

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for two nights and it was absolutely great! Started out a lil bumpy at check-in but Aaron straightened everything out and I left the counter with a smile! We only ate breakfast one morning but it was good and the wait staff was ok. The pool had a great view and having a club downstairs is good if you're traveling for fun. While in Dallas we visited Shenanigans bowling alley, Zero Gravity for sky diving, Medieval Times, and Ripley's Believe it or not. At checkout Peggy made sure we understood our bill and that we enjoyed our stay she was so cheerful great personality! When we come back to Dallas we will definitely be staying here. The only con is the double beds are made for only one person. If your traveling as a couple opt for the king!

• Stayed August 2014
Matthew K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
It sounds like you really got to experience all the great things that Dallas has to offer while you were here, Rosalyn! So happy we were able to offer you a comfortable home base. Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review and give a few of our team members such nice shout outs. I'll make sure that Peggy and Aaron see your wonderful compliments. Looking forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!

Cheers,
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night only. The staff was very friendly but we really enjoyed the great attitude from the Valet parking gentlemen Joe. He was very helpful as well as Sassy in the front desk. We will most definetly be staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas from now on instead of going to other hotels.

Room Tip: Great location to take the Dallas Train to the Gexa pavillion for Concerts.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Matthew K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Happy to hear we're your new go-to Dallas hotel, Angelica! And even happier to hear that Joe was such a hit! He's pretty great, isn't he?

Will you be back in town anytime soon? We're already looking forward to your next visit!

Take care,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is the second year in a row we stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown; It will be our last. We are part of a HUGE organization and it would benefit any hotelier to treat us well simply because of the mass numbers of people we bring in to Dallas every year. This year we worked to get all of our rooms at least close to each other. Upon checking in this was supposedly set up only to have us actually spread out on 3 floors. Our maid's attempts at cleaning were half hearted at best, she didn't bring appropriate number of wash cloths and towels, AND she helped herself to our snacks leaving a food trail on the floor. In the bathroom I had a spider scurry across my foot and woke up with 4 bug bites on my neck the first morning. And lastly, a hold was put on my card that we were not told about beforehand. It took 5 calls from my Director to get this handled. This has never happened before at any hotel we've visited. I left a voice mail for a "manager" and have not received a call to date... Nothing. Nada. #disappointment
Customer service sets every business apart and just was not important to any employees at the Crowne Plaza Downtown, save one- Mario. Mario transported us ladies to and from the convention center morning and night and to and from a restaurant. He was ALWAYS a polite gentleman! He helped us in and out of the van due to the very large step between van and concrete always smiling and taking our hand. Mario interacted with us, was friendly and reliable. Mario was the best part of our stay. Cathy Y.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
You're absolutely right, Cathy -- customer service does set every business apart, and I'm so sorry that ours didn't meet or exceed your expectations like it should have. I appreciate you alerting me to the issues at hand and also letting me know what a wonderful job Mario did. We feel lucky to have him on our team, and you're so kind to sing his praises here. Would you mind reaching out to me directly? I would definitely like to personally follow up on this, and any further information would be helpful in doing so. Thank you again and I'll hope to hear from you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I started my stay in Dallas at a different hotel, and ended my stay at the Crowne Plaza because of some instances at the other. Lets just say, I pulled in to Valet parking where the greeter unloaded my car and took it to park. I entered to find Dale at the counter to check us in. We literally booked the room 20 minutes prior to walking in so he had to check the computer for our reservation, and this would generally cause frustrations, but not for Dale, he found it, and got our key right away. We took the elevator to our 19th floor room, which by the way, you have to have your key to use the elevator to get to your floor which was awesome. No random people walking the halls!! (HUGE PLUS!!!) After a brief nap, we wanted to venture out to dinner so I called Dale, he was busy so some other guy gave us recommendations. Just to confirm, I asked Dale, he suggested Bob's Chop House, it was AMAZING. The hotel shuttle even dropped us off! (Can't remember his name, but he was AWESOME (night of Aug. 2)!!!) Dropped us off, gave us his card, but we elected to walk back to enjoy the weather. We returned to the hotel with high 5's for excellent recommendations. The next morning we had breakfast, which was awesome, and checked out with Peggy. She was so nice and sweet letting us split the room charges between us. We will DEFINITELY be staying at the Crowne Plaza again in October, and again next July for our annual conference. Can't wait to bring the rest of the group and show them what great customer service is as well as GREAT rooms and a view of the city!! Also, forgot to mention, I couldn't find a rolling cart that morning for my departure so I asked the valet guy where I could get one since he is the one who had it waiting for our arrival, and instead of me waiting on him to come back, he insisted I go wait in my room. I didn't even have time to get off the elevator before he brought one to me AND loaded my suitcases on the cart then in the car. Can't rave enough how AWESOME the WHOLE staff was during our stay!

Room Tip: I would suggest higher floors. I did notice on the 19th floor it stated it was a "quite" f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
While we're certainly sorry about the experience that led you to us in the first place, we're so happy we could make your Dallas trip such a hit, Jodi! It sounds like Dale and Peggy really made a difference, and I can't wait to share your review with them. Sounds like your meal at Bob's was a hit, too! We're drooling just thinking about it!

Thank you for the kind words -- we'll hope to see you again the next time you're in Dallas!

Cheers,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When arriving we had a Tierra try and check us in. As she laughed seeing that two rooms were booked under my name by hotels.com, she was very rude and told us we had to call hotels.com so they could cancel the extra room booked. Once we thought everything was settled we came back to check in this time with Justin a "manager" (rudest person i have ever met to date) he spoke to us as if we were uneducated and not worth his time. We finally got a room. Which had no view, the tub was broken and half of our curtain was missing. House keeping was still in our room, ran out giggling as they noticed we were sitting in the hall waiting for them to finish. They left all the drawers open and one of the lights was broken! Called to complain to Justin because he allowed us to check into a "clean and available" room. Also he instructed us to contact hotels.com and have them speak with him to clear up the matter. After waiting on 3way for 1hr. Justin was unavailable to speak with hotels.com. finally spoke with the Main Manager and he helped us within Minutes. The room is fine. The pool is fine but unsafe for children. The rails are painted over and for some reason they added more cement to the rails, therefore kids won't have anything to hold on to. I would say if u want ur vacation ruined by the service go right ahead and stay here. First and last time I stay at a crowne plaza.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PumpkinPie03
Armando F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies for the service you received when you stayed with us. That's certainly not the level of service we're aiming to provide, and I appreciate you reaching out. I'll be sure to follow up with the entire team in regards to this matter. Is there anything we can do to make this right for you? If so, please don't hesitate to reach out directly -- we'd welcome the opportunity to make a better impression.