“Perfect after a long day at the airport”

Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Ranked #59 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
“Perfect after a long day at the airport”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

After missing our flight, we had to stay at this hotel. The shuttle picked us up and the staff was very efficient at having everything ready for our stay. The rooms were very nice, quiet, and close to the vending machines and ice machine. Free wi-fi made it very convenient. The complimentary breakfast was very complete; cereal, oatmeal, muffins, fruits, and even belgian waffles made my day. If I ever have to go to Dallas, I won't hesitate on booking this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SLR879

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed in room 431 (the top floor) for one night on business travel. The room was very neat and clean. I had a king size bed, two end tables, a writing desk with swivel chair, a coffee table with couch. The only thing that was not it tip top shape was the couch which had about a 4" slash on the back cushion. The TV was an older model and the picture was sharp.
The gym had two treadmills, a recumbent bike, a stairstepper, and a weight machine - all in good working condition.
It was cold out so I didn't take time to see the pool area.
They had a breakfast buffet that was well laid out. There were biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, assorted sweet rollls and donuts, cereals, make your own waffle, and juices. Also, prepared fruit and a basket of mixed fruite. Everything tasted fresh and the hot foods were hot and the cold foods were cold.
I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel.
Driving access was from a back street as the street the hotel fronts on is under construction. The parking lot and hotel are directly adjacent to a LaQuinta.
Coming and going out the back was not a problem and there were various stores and gas stations that were extremely convenient.
The WIFI was open and my iphone worked well.
The staff was helpful.
I liked the hotel because it appeared to be well run and maintained. Everything worked as it should and I did not have to contend with any situations that might have distracted me from my business.
I booked through Orbitz and the price I received seemed a good value for the quality of my stay.

Room Tip: I was near the rear of the hotel which is away from the main road and I was not disturbed by street...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank John30196
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for a seminar that we attended (not on site). The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. Our room was spacious (and clean). The king size bed was comfortable. There was a coffe pot, refrigerator and microwave in the room, along with free wi-fi. I was able to connect to the wi-fi with my smart phone. In the morning, the hotel served a small "hot" breakfast (such as waffels, scrambled eggs, sausage, sausage gravey with biscuits, etc.), along with the usual continental breakfast items (pastries, toast, yogert, cereal, fruit). The location is right off of I-35, so "busy" outside but the traffic didn't carry inside. There are several restaurants within walking distance, and many more within driving range. The hotel suited our needs quite well. We would stay again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Isle4Me
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 September 2011

In areas with overwhelming heat, it was a welcomed surprise to find the room very comfortable. Very clean, evening snacks, friendly staff, very quiet room (couldn't hear freeway or raging storm that came through). Hampton Inns are our go to hotel and this was better than average. There was major road construction going on in front, but since the entrance is from the rear of the property, this was not problem. Hampton has the best bedding!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sspann
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel was clean, staff was nice and there was a good restaurant next door, but the AC was terrible. 65 degree set point when it's 105 out equals 74 degree room. UGH!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wgliradio
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
We would like to apologize for your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North and the less than cool temperature in the room. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken and we were at the mercy of the repair men. Since it had been in the triple digits for many days, all the air conditioning repair men in Dallas were working non stop and we had to "get in line" with the others and wait for the repairs.

We did offer fans to all out guests, but fully understand that sometimes even this is not acceptable.

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and if you are ever back this way again, please let me know and I will do my utmost to see that you have a pleasant "Hampton Experience"
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and the air conditioner was either off or turned down. And what kind of hotel provides fans for the rooms, i'll tell you what kind: the kind that has a broken air conditioner. Yeah the staff is nice but no air, come on. I was their with my family for a summer trip. But if i return to the dallas area, i won't be staying there. This is texas and you have to have hard working air.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jamesmjrs

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Excellent Staff and service
I really enjoyed my stays. breakfast is good. frontdesk is very helpful and very nice. rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Market Center
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill? Share your experiences!