“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Dearborn Heights, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I know it's in a crowded area right off the interstate but the service and cleanliness of the hotel was awesome. The staff as great and very helpful. I didn't use the pool but it was nice and available. I loved the hotel for the price

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Dallas North! You are correct, we are convenient off of highway 35, just north of the downtown city center. We appreciate your comments about our staff and I am glad they took good care of you while you were here. We look forward to your next visit to Dallas and the Hampton Inn!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Longview, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was very clean. The hotel staff were helpful and pleasant. Would stay here again. The beds and full size pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had good water pressure in the shower. Only wished the complimentary breakfast stayed open until 11 am, at least on the weekends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel! We appreciate the comments about the staff and will be sure to pass along your sentiments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Hampton's Cloud 9 Bedding Package to be quite comfortable. We do hear that quite often from our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not nearly as nice as other Hampton Inns I have stayed in. This is primarily due to the age and condition of the hotel. The pool water was awful (green) and the room smelled musty. Staff was still very professional and welcoming. It is just in need of a clean-up/upgrade.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel, although an older building, we did a complete renovation in 2013 on the inside to include the lobby/breakfast area, front desk, guest rooms, new business center and updated the work-out area. You may have noticed the new granite countertops throughout, new carpeting, lighting, wood floor tiles, etc. were all part of the upgrades that were just completed. The Eco-Friendly "Tahitian Turquoise"paint of the pool may have the perception that the water is green, however, is a reflection of the bottom of the pool and is cleaned daily. We hope that the next time you are headed to Dallas you will consider the Hampton Inn Dallas North!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have never had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn before. The neighborhood was definitely not good. When I saw all of the run down buildings and the fence around the property, I knew then that I had booked a room in a "not so good" area. If I could have cancelled, I would have, but it was too late. The room was clean but the bed was way too soft and the shower was not working right. It barely put out any water. I should have known it was not the best from the price. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I do apologize about the shower not working and will definitely have maintenance check into it. Please let our Front Desk know the next time, so that we may accommodate your requests in a timely manner. Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of your room, as we do hear that quite often from our guests. Again, I do apologize that your stay was less than stellar and that our location did not work out for you.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have never had a bad experience at Hampton Inns. Staffs are always friendly and helpful and properties are well kept and managed. If there is a Hampton in the vicinity I'll stay with them. Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank David S
Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Dallas North Hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt that we were a good value. We do provide quite a few amenities for the price to include a full hot breakfast buffet every morning, complimentary internet service and a complimentary Manager's Reception Monday - Thursday. We look forward to your next visit to the Hampton Inn Dallas North!
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We were a little nervous when we pulled up as the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy, but this was a nice property. The service was friendly and efficient, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the fitness room was small but adequate and the included breakfast was very good. They had fresh cookies when we checked in that evening and even had mini candy bars on our pillows. Nice little extras. I was worried about highway noise, but I stayed in a room towards the back of the hotel and didn't hear anything. For the price and the location, I thought this was a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our efficient staff and clean rooms!! We do appreciate your review of the Hampton Inn Dallas North and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do hear that quite often about how quiet the rooms are since we are convenient to the highway, it was built with that in mind and is made of solid concrete. Please let us know the next time you are headed to Dallas!
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was staying overnight in Dallas to visit a friend and the price was right, so I booked it.

Overall, this Hampton's decor is a bit dated. That being said, it doesn't take away from the experience, in fact this one felt more like "home" then others I've recently stayed in that just went through renovations.

The GOOD:

The bed. Oh the bed was comfortable, I wanted to pack it and take it home!
The room was clean
There was more storage then I've seen in a lot of hotels recently, even though the size of the room was smaller then others.
EXCELLENT water pressure in the shower. Some people may say this isn't a big thing, but when you've dealt with a lot of hotels recently with bad water pressure. This was even better then home.
Staff was extremely friendly
Price was excellent

The bad:

Had a hard time finding a good outlet for my CPAP machine. Not dinging them for that.

I'd highly recommend this property. Others I've recently stayed at could learn a thing or two from this place.

Room Tip: Hard to really say, either side you are on has the chance to have road noise. If you were to stay on...