“DON'T STAY HERE!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport
Ranked #145 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel was old, the rooms were decked out in vintage furniture. While the rate was reasonable, and we were only staying there one night (flying out next day), decided well it is likely do'able so we started to settle in. While unpacking, my husband stepped in puke that was in the carpet beside the bed!!!! We immediately packed up, and went to see what could be done. The clerk gave us another room to review, which was in just as horrible shape so we checked out. In order to check out however, we had to wait 20 minutes to have a manager come on site to refund our money since the credit card had already been run through. The manager did offer to give us a 40% discount to stay in another room!! ha ha, no way! craziness!

Besides, nothing was good about our experience here. When we checked in, the key didn't work had to go back and get that fixed. Additionally the clerk said that the machine to run the credit card wasn't working so he made a photo copy of my credit card. My husband spoke up and the clerk shredded it, but goodness, how awful!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
OKLAHOMA CITY
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Second stay here. Very pleasant. Office staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast served until 9:00am. Unfortunately they ran out of waffle mix about 8:40. When I told the desk person he said he would take care of it. The kitchen help apparently didn't want to mix another batch for the last 15 minutes so he just walked around. I again reported this to the desk, and at 8:55 he brought some out and just kind of glared when I got some. Only sour note for our stay. Will go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I think this hotel is excellent. I am the general manager for a Hawthorn Suites in California and I am very biased because I think my staff and hotel is the greatest of all time but this hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful and the fact that there is a shuttle service, dinner 4 nights a week and free wi-fi made this the only hotel I will stay at in Dallas. Special thanks to Elias for being so friendly, funny, and understandable during my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TERRI W
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Steven, Elias, and Frank truly made me feel at home for the month that I stayed at the hotel. Steven even offered to drive me to get food when his shift ended (I have stayed at 4 four seasons hotel and have never had that). Elias is a true gentleman and really has strong grasp on how to keep the hotel running smoothly on a daily basis. Frank (maintenance), always took the time to ask if I was okay and if I needed anything. Thanks guys, I hope to you again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank josh M
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Trying to get a room was terrible what good is reservation .had to wait at least three to four hours had reservation for two rooms and the other friends went some where else took to long.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at Hawthorn Suites the night before our early morning flight. The hotel is just a few blocks from Love Field. Very helpful staff. Rooms are dated, but clean, comfortable, and quiet. Apartment feel. Would recommend. Lowest price in the area...they have a senior discount too!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Rooms were old and worn, reminded me of the a seedy hotel on the bad part of town. Service was terrible and would never stay here again! They had no shuttle from the airport if you arrived after 7pm , which was a major problem. Had to pay for a cab myself which also was a hassle, not to mention the unexpected cost involved. The rooms if you are arriving at night aren't marked clearly so finding them was difficult. Management is in sore need of a customer service class and some retraining. Very unaccommodating and rude. This property should never have the Wyndam company associated with it! I work for an airline, and would never send my friends or anyone else to this property, ever!

Room Tip: Don't bother visiting this hotel. Not worth the aggravation or your time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
DALLASHAWTHORN, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for not only, failing to meet your expectations, but also failing to exceed them. Here at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham we always try to excel when it comes to customer service and room cleanliness. Our shuttle hours are from 7am-7pm, this information should have been available when you booked your room. If you would let me know where you booked I will make sure that information is corrected. It sincerely troubles me to know that you did not have a pleasant experience with us, and I would only like the opportunity to make it up to you, please call me at 214 688 1010 and I can guarantee you the real southern hospitality experience next time you’re in Dallas.

Travellers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center
Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Sleep Inn Dallas Love Field-Medical District
Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport

Address: 7900 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX 75247-4910
Region: United States > Texas > Dallas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #145 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range: £57 - £94 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dallas Love Field Hotel Dallas