“The Absolute Worse Experience I have ever had”
Review of The Regency Hotel

The Regency Hotel
Ranked #171 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Cumby Tx
“The Absolute Worse Experience I have ever had”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I went to a meeting here, so for conveniece wanted to stay there. When you walk in the lobby was nice and the meeting rooms were nice. The front desk clerk was no help what so ever. I checked into my 1st room and the room was hot and musky smelling. The windows would not lock and it was on the first floor in a horrible neighborhood, requested a second room, no apology was given moved on to second room, guess what door would not lock, moved to 3rd room different wing, low lights in the hall had a feeling if I stayed there something terrible would happen and guess what windows wouldn't lock. Halls were hot rooms were hot, pouring sweat after lugging all my luggage to 2 different wings and 3 different rooms, not one time did the front desk offer to help me or apologize for the inconvenience. I truly don't understand the good reviews for this hotel, because my experience was the absolute worst.

Room Tip: Tip would be don't stay here
Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank BrendaC553

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
El Paso
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My oldest daughter was in Dallas for a college visit and we stayed at the radisson because they had a 30 percent off sale. We got the room with two queen sleep number beds for $57.00 a night. The place has recently had a renovation and it was really nice. I don't why some folks didn't like it. Food was good, beds nice and it was very clean. It is in a off the path location but not in a bad neighborhood. There weren't a lot of places to go out and eat but we did ok with a gps. I would say it is a fine place for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Booked a last minute stay as my family and I were driving through town. Old hotel with dated elevator to the "workout" room. Musty smell in the older part of hotel. Poor location. I did lose a running shoe in the room. I emailed the hotel they did reply and told me I would get a followup phone call...of course that never happened.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 November 2011

What a joy coming to the hotel on November 18, 2011. Our church had our Thanksgiving Banquet for about 275. What a marvelour feast, it was all first class Thanksgiving cuisine, warm and the serves was expceptional. Claudia Aquilar was the catering manager and she had everything ready to go in a stupendous style. Claudia turns it over Juan the evening catering manager when she knew everything was already to go. The banquet room with all the tables and the banquet tables were decoration wher with fall colors, cute decoation on each table. The room was set up with two open megaphones which was great everone could hear, chuch members share what they were thankful for. I am thankful for the great serve at your hotel and hope we are able to come back next year.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank B K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2011

As a disclaimer, I didn't end up staying the night here. The sole reason I booked this room was to take advantage of a points promo the Carlson Club is running.

Check-in was nice and quick. The lady behind the counter was very nice. The rooms themselves were much better than expected. They are large, had a decent bathroom, a mini fride, a microwave and a medium sized HD TV. The bedding was very comfortable.

The reason I give it a 3 instead of a 4 is because of the location. It's in a seedy area of Dallas where there's really not much to do. The hotel makes you use your room key to enter into their halls. I suspect this is to keep out the riff raff. Parking is free and I think I saw free wireless.

You could certainly do worse. In fact, in this particular area, this hotel is cream of the crop.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Tuckerman, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Well we stayed the night there and it was worth the money. the bad thing was that the sleep number beds didnt work. they would come on evey once in a while but it wasnt that big of a deal. the poool wasnt as clean as i thought because it was kinda blurry.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I stayed for three nights. After a complicated and confusing trip to the hotel - nobody in the area knew were the hotel was and route planners couldn't find it either - we found the surroundings to be dingy and run down. Inside, we were positively surprised by the seemingly new interior. Rooms themselves were large and beds were comfortable.

However, service couldn't keep up with that impression - the rooms were cleaned only superficially (hairs from other guests on pillows etc.) and crumbs on the carpet. The worst moment of the stay was a Texas-sized cockroach walking up the wallpaper from behind the bed. We asked for quick assistance from the front desk, insisted multiple times while the roach strolled up and down the room, but housekeeping was not in a hurry at all and didn't seem motivated to do anything about it. About an hour later, we gave up and switched our room.

The pool was alright, could have been a been cleaner though (used plasters etc. in the pool). Surroundings contrast the hotel's interiors completely: rundown apartment buildings, sex shops and the like next door make the Radisson seem out of place. Parking spaces can be accessed by anyone, people hang around the area at night, doesn't give you a safe feeling and makes you worry about your car. Amenities are not in the immediate neighborhood, a mile or two away, but their seems to be a shuttle service from the hotel. Downtown is about 20 miles away.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to the budget conscious traveller who has a car to get around in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MT87_Germany
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy
Days Inn Dallas Garland West
Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
Gateway Hotel Dallas
Gateway Hotel Dallas
#132 of 203 in Dallas
Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria

Been to The Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!