Wyndham Garden Dallas North
US$195
US$201
US$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolder hotelenjoyed my staylove fieldzackbanquetballroommeeting
Reviewed 15 June 2014

American Airlines put us up at this hotel, June 9th, 2014. Our plane was delayed (long story on that one), so around midnight we got a 15 passenger van to pick up 60 or70 of us. Hmmm guess the airlines did not explain to them it was a full flight (others were lucky enough to go to the other hotel) Well after waiting for over an hour for another van we arrived 20 minutes later to the hotel. Thought we had stepped into the Rat Pack hotel. Dark walls in the hallways, black trim. Old hotel, the ceilings were low in the hallways. The elevators were decorated in some 3-D circles black and silver no less. The room, well lets just say it was clean... sheets felt clean as well as the floor. I did the bear feet test and my feet did not get dirty so that was a positive. But the room décor, was dark, the bed had lights around the bed frame, I was surprised no mirrors on the ceiling. The head board and matching love seat was a sight to behold, a shiny faded gold tone with diamond studs in the indentations. The nice thing was the sealed comb, toothbrush, toothpaste since we were not able to have our luggage and for once I did not pack smart and have extra just incase. (learned my lesson! the one time I don't and I needed to!!) It was just weird, not a hotel I would ever stay at. Was not sure if they charged by the hour or not. it was so dark when we got there and when we left I could not tell you if it was a good neighborhood or not. lets just say there was a police officer down the street with light flashing when we arrived. Next time I am not sure if staying in the airport would not have been better. They were very nice at the front desk, offered a wakeup call and assured us that the busses would begin running at 6 to make sure we made our plane. They did leave at 6, this time with a 30 passenger bus. We all made it to the airport on time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmAirlinesBadChoice
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let me tell you a brief story about my for day stay at Night Hotel Dallas.

On June 9, I checked in very late.

On June 10, I ate at their restaurant, and charged it to my room.

On June 11, I received an alert from my bank about possible fraud. When I returned to the room, I found my room key was not working. The front desk people informed me that it was shut off because my credit card was declined. I informed them it was because of possible fraud on my account and I would fix it.

I also sent an email to the manager stating that shutting a customers room key off mid trip was a pretty bad policy for any reason and that if they have problems with fraud, they should take a deposit at the time of check in. His response was that my card was decline and continues to be decline. I expected at least some humility and requested the contact info for his supervisor. He never responded. Similarly the front desk also refused to give me that info.

On June 12, I contacted my bank to find that Night Hotel ran my card THIRTEEN TIMES between June 11 and 12 for amounts ranging from $14-$161. My card was not shut off, it was only decline to this hotel.

On the night of the 12, I requested that they print out a statement for my room. They refused to provide one, and instead checked me out of my room. I had to go back to the front desk to get my key card activated and received no apology for ignoring a request I made and instead locking me out of a room I had paid for. In addition, both staff members were antagonistic towards me.

On June 13, as I checked out, they told me my card was declined, I informed them they were doing something wrong. The same manager came out and walked the front desk person through some steps, & my card worked. He still refuse to apologized, told me that I had no pending transactions on my bank card, (I had 4, that totaled more them my stay and dinner,) nor did they run my card 13 times. I was in tears. The person at the front desk tried to defend the hotel and the manager told her to stop talking to me and just let me leave.

If someone from Wyndam would like to contact me. I have screen shots from my online banking, the emails from the manager and a letter from my bank stating that my card was decline for multiple erratic amounts in less then a 48 hour period and only to the HOTEL!

People need to be fired for the way I was treated. Three specific ones.

Room Tip: Never Stay Here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Laurel L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on a quick trip to Dallas, never again! We had two kids with us, and this hotel is NOT appropriate for them. Plus, the staff was very rude! Stay away from this place is anyway possible!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Gayle47
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Cheap decor but the worst thing is that you can hear the loud music from the club until 2 a.m. I got very little sleep. All of the staff were very nice but they said they couldn't turn the music down. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ricecc
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent an awful disgusting evening there compliments of American Airlines after our flight was cancelled for mechanical purposes. The bathroom was filthy, the room smelled of disinfectant and our towels were wet. The highlight of our stay was waiting for the elevator and having a stinky wet liquid sprayed on the back of our necks from a canister attached to the wall behind us. Classy place. Absolutely nowhere near the airport, but classy.

Room Tip: You'd be better off renting a car and sleeping in it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family