“Disappointing”

Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Ranked #126 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

You stay at the hotel not knowing anything !! We stayed last year was great !! This year guest at the hotel can't even go to the pool !! Unless your 21 and up !! What the hell !! There's a dress coed and everything !! I'm so upset that I can't go swimming until 8pm what if I wanted a tan !!! :/

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Lhuffman88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were sent there by american airlines after a flight cancelation and given dinner vouchers. We were surrounded (with children) by prostitutes coming in and out with different men, given a different menu which was a cold sandwich or salad, so we paid $137 for dinner. The airline would not move us so we took turns staying awake until we could get out!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Krismet7

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 30 June 2014

American Airlines cancelled our flight and gave us a voucher for this hotel with the indication that their shuttle will pick us up shortly at the corresponding gate. After waiting in the sultry heat of this city for half an hour, we called the hotel and they informed us that their van will arrive in 15-20 minutes. After further 20 minutes we called again and got the same answer. Finally after waiting for more than an hour the shuttle arrived, had place for only 5 persons (much more were waiting), luckily we got in. At the hotel we just could not believe our eyes: the decoration seemed that of a second rate brothel, it was Saturday Cabaret night and the music was just unbearably loud. Upon presenting our voucher (11 p.m.), we got our room. The general aspect was acceptable, the bed excellent, the bathroom well furnished, but the individual air conditioning terribly noisy, it restarted every 10 minutes and made sleeping difficult. We had a small late very mediocre dinner, with the music coming from the nearly located ballroom so loud that conversation was impossible. Next morning the breakfast was good and ample, although the voucher of American Airlines did not cover it fully (this is not the fault of the hotel). We reserved the 3 p.m. shuttle to the airport, were asked to be in the lobby 15 minutes earlier, which we did. After waiting in vain for 1/2 hour we were told that the driver did not appear to work and they have no replacement. Upon our insistence at last the desk manager came to the hotel and drove us to the airport at 3.30 p.m. For breakfast, bed quality and bathroom I would give 4 stars, for shuttle service -1 (if there was such a qualification), for the aspect and decoration maximum 1 star, so it averages to 2 stars with good will.

American Airlines cancelled our flight and gave us a voucher for this hotel with the indication that their shuttle will pick us up shortly at the corresponding gate. After waiting in the heat of thi city for half an hour, we called the hotel and they informed us that their van will arrive in 15-20 minutes. After further 20 minutes we called again and got the same answer. Finally after waiting for more than an hour the shuttle arrived, had place for only 5 persons (much more were waiting), luckily we got in. At the hotel we just could not believe our eyes: the decoration seemed that of a second rate brothel, it was Saturday Cabaret night and the music was just unbearably loud. Upon presenting our voucher (11 p.m.), we got our room. The general aspect was acceptable, the bed excellent, the bathroom well furnished, but the individual air conditioning terribly noisy, it restarted every 10 minutes and made sleeping difficult. We had a small late very mediocre dinner, with the music coming from the nearly located ballroom so loud that conversation was impossible. Next morning the berakfast was good and ample, although the voucher of American Airlines did not cover it fully (this is not the fault of the hotel). We reserved the 3 p.m. shuttle to the airport, were asked to be in the lobby 15 minutes earlier, which we did. After waiting in vain for 1/2 hour we were told that the driver did not appear to work and they have no replacement. Upon our insistence at last the desk manager came to the hotel and drove us to the airport at 3.30 p.m. For breakfast, bed quality and bathroom I would give 4 stars, for shuttle service -1 (if there was such a qualification), for the aspect and decoration maximum 1 star, so it averages to 2 stars with good will.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karoly75
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not recommended. The hotel decoration makes you feel you are at a fancy strip joint . Also you will not sleep well. If you want to relax and sleep well, do not stay at this hotel! Fridays and Saturdays they have sort of nightclub at the lobby and the music bass can be felt almost trough all the floors. We couldn't sleep at all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Juan Pablo A
Shreveport
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great staff quick check-in,pool was fun( already had toys for kids) ,Karen (waitress poolside) kept our glasses full which was Awesome!! We'll be back to celebrate my birthday,in their bangin' club 8. C-ya soon.:-) :-)

• Stayed June 2014
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

American Airlines put us up at this hotel, June 9th, 2014. Our plane was delayed (long story on that one), so around midnight we got a 15 passenger van to pick up 60 or70 of us. Hmmm guess the airlines did not explain to them it was a full flight (others were lucky enough to go to the other hotel) Well after waiting for over an hour for another van we arrived 20 minutes later to the hotel. Thought we had stepped into the Rat Pack hotel. Dark walls in the hallways, black trim. Old hotel, the ceilings were low in the hallways. The elevators were decorated in some 3-D circles black and silver no less. The room, well lets just say it was clean... sheets felt clean as well as the floor. I did the bear feet test and my feet did not get dirty so that was a positive. But the room décor, was dark, the bed had lights around the bed frame, I was surprised no mirrors on the ceiling. The head board and matching love seat was a sight to behold, a shiny faded gold tone with diamond studs in the indentations. The nice thing was the sealed comb, toothbrush, toothpaste since we were not able to have our luggage and for once I did not pack smart and have extra just incase. (learned my lesson! the one time I don't and I needed to!!) It was just weird, not a hotel I would ever stay at. Was not sure if they charged by the hour or not. it was so dark when we got there and when we left I could not tell you if it was a good neighborhood or not. lets just say there was a police officer down the street with light flashing when we arrived. Next time I am not sure if staying in the airport would not have been better. They were very nice at the front desk, offered a wakeup call and assured us that the busses would begin running at 6 to make sure we made our plane. They did leave at 6, this time with a 30 passenger bus. We all made it to the airport on time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AmAirlinesBadChoice
Fresno, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let me tell you a brief story about my for day stay at Night Hotel Dallas.

On June 9, I checked in very late.

On June 10, I ate at their restaurant, and charged it to my room.

On June 11, I received an alert from my bank about possible fraud. When I returned to the room, I found my room key was not working. The front desk people informed me that it was shut off because my credit card was declined. I informed them it was because of possible fraud on my account and I would fix it.

I also sent an email to the manager stating that shutting a customers room key off mid trip was a pretty bad policy for any reason and that if they have problems with fraud, they should take a deposit at the time of check in. His response was that my card was decline and continues to be decline. I expected at least some humility and requested the contact info for his supervisor. He never responded. Similarly the front desk also refused to give me that info.

On June 12, I contacted my bank to find that Night Hotel ran my card THIRTEEN TIMES between June 11 and 12 for amounts ranging from $14-$161. My card was not shut off, it was only decline to this hotel.

On the night of the 12, I requested that they print out a statement for my room. They refused to provide one, and instead checked me out of my room. I had to go back to the front desk to get my key card activated and received no apology for ignoring a request I made and instead locking me out of a room I had paid for. In addition, both staff members were antagonistic towards me.

On June 13, as I checked out, they told me my card was declined, I informed them they were doing something wrong. The same manager came out and walked the front desk person through some steps, & my card worked. He still refuse to apologized, told me that I had no pending transactions on my bank card, (I had 4, that totaled more them my stay and dinner,) nor did they run my card 13 times. I was in tears. The person at the front desk tried to defend the hotel and the manager told her to stop talking to me and just let me leave.

If someone from Wyndam would like to contact me. I have screen shots from my online banking, the emails from the manager and a letter from my bank stating that my card was decline for multiple erratic amounts in less then a 48 hour period and only to the HOTEL!

People need to be fired for the way I was treated. Three specific ones.

Room Tip: Never Stay Here