“Wonderful Rooms with Hyatt Service”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ok, so it is a typical Hyatt convention center hotel in most regards but the rooms are very nice. The room darkening shades work really well. The bed was fantastic and there was a wide choice of pillows from flat to puffy to choose from. The hotel is located at the edge of downtown and isn't in walking distance to much you really want to walk to. However; if you are driving, it is a pretty convenient location to get downtown quickly or leave downtown and head different directions. The staff took care of any requests we made in a reasonable time and the valet parking folks had vehicles out front quickly. I was surprised at the level of service even though there was a large conference going on at the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

What a great review! We’re proud to be your place of choice and part of Hyatt Regency Dallas family. We've made a commitment to placing our guests experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We look forward to your next stay with us and will be anxiously awaiting your arrival!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,277)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Last year I spent 2 nights at the Hyatt when I was in Dallas on business. It was an absolutely beautiful hotel with an incredible atrium and hotel bar. The view of the Dallas skyline couldn't be beat. But, I had difficulty sleeping. The walls seemed to be paper thin. I could hear the plumbing and water from all the rooms around me, I could hear each door close and people talking in a normal tone of voice. I even heard the couple in the next room doing you-know-what. It was enough to keep me awake until well after midnight. I couldn't believe it. I would never stay here again as a result. The breakfast buffet was good, but on the pricey side.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you taking the time to share your review and choosing to stay with us again during your most recent trip to Dallas. I'd like to express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our staff is committed to providing a great guest experience and would be more than happy to find a quiet room that satisfies your every need. I hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Fred Euler
Hyatt Regency Dallas

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hotel was lovely, well kept, well appointed, clean, and very modern.
My Favorite Part? 2 sets of room darkening shades. The room stayed pitch black, and I slept like a baby.
My Worst Part? no food after midnight. The restaurants close down, the coffee shop and gift shop are closed (11 pm), and there's no room service. Considering how much traffic I saw in the lobby after midnight, I was very surprised. Also, there are no convenience stores or even gas stations in vicinity of hotel where you could get a snack. Plan ahead if you think you'll be out late. They do have menus for delivery for a couple pizza & Chinese restaurants, though.

Other thumbs up - Although there was a train track nearly adjacent to hotel, I never heard a sound from it. The gym is medium-sized, but has all the basics and is very clean. It has a towel service and ice cold face cloths to wipe your face. The interior glass elevators allow for a beautiful view of the atrium with all it's different water decorations/waterfalls. Front desk staff and bell staff were friendly and competent.
Location - It is just 2 blocks from Dealey Plaza (site of JFK assassination), which was an interesting and historical education. Other than that, there aren't things 'around' the hotel to do. It's not like you can walk around to shops or restaurants, like you would expect being in a major city, which surprised me. I saw a density of restaurants ~1 mile away, on a walk I took. A cab from airport will be at least $50, and some of the cabs take credit cards. There is significant construction on parts of the interstate, so don't be surprised at long delays to go short distances.
I would stay at this hotel again, as the hotel has all the things you need (food, bar, coffee shop, gym), but I would buy a few snacks and drinks and leave them in my room, just in case I got in late.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here my prom night and it was an okay stay. The room was clean, beds were really comfortable. My only problem was that we ordered room service because we were too lazy after prom to drive and the food was disgusting! Wasn't even worth the 30 dollars, might as well have driven down the street and gotten better food for 15!

The Hyatt regency is really nice but I think is too over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2014

stayed this past weekend for the UFC fight at american airlines center. Easy to get to via the dart. Room was nice and clean 1701 was as far from the elevator and lobby making it pretty quite. We had a nice view of the skyline, the drawback with this side of the hotel is that you get to here the trains running all night. The room lacked certain amenities that you would expect. No body wash? Rather strange. Someone also tried to charge something to our room from the bar that we found upon check out front desk removed it without question but that should not happen. There are better places to stay in Dallas like Omni but overall I was pleased. The valet service was excellent, car was always ready promptly as I would call from the room on our way down.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the ends of the halls
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RussU2525
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It was not, the receptionist told me that it was a 12 minutes shuttle to the conference.........it was advertised as in the Hyatt, felt misled. Got room 564, nice and clean, had a horrible sleep, sounds from the elevators, lobby, train and a radio. It should not matter in which room you stay at the Hyatt, for > $ 200 night you expect a silent treatment.

If you book, ask explicit for a quite room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room, sounds from the lobby ad elevator are horrible.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I read the reviews on tripadvisor before going to Dallas, TX for a seminar. When we arrived o March 11, 2014, it was late at night and there were no check in lines. The customer service person was very nice and when I told her I wanted a quiet room she assigned us room 2110 which was facing the highway.

The room was very nice and clean. I love the white bed linens because you know they are clean with nothing hidden. We could hear traffic below but it sounded like strong winds blowing so it wasn't really that bad. I am sure all of the hotels along the busy highway would have highway noise. I appreciated the 21st floor room.

We went to the lobby and had a drink at the bar/restaurant. The server was very efficient and friendly.

We took a shuttle to a Mexican restaurant and the driver gave us some information about the city and the location of the assassination of President Kennedy.

The only negative thing I could say is the really cold water in the lobby / seminar bathrooms.

Our stay was very pleasant and all of the employees were very professional and helpful. I wish I had more time to visit the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is along a major highway and the trains on the other side of the hotel run all night. The...