“Is one the lowest review possible?”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #21 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“Is one the lowest review possible?”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am a HUGE basketball fan and have had reservations for the Final Four for almost a year. In looking at the schedule for Final Four events I noticed most of the events were downtown Dallas instead of near the stadium. So I called the downtown Hyatt to see if I could change my hotel, I told the person at reservations exactly what I was doing and why. I was surprised that they had a room downtown, when she asked me if I wanted her to cancel the other reservation I said yes, but make sure I'm in before you do :-) About two hours later I received an e-mail cancelling the previous reservation ....but nothing for the new one??? I waited 2-3 hours and still nothing ... I decided to be safe I would call to verify, ...no reservation, I told the story ...3 TIMES to THREE DIFFERENT people and was told that the reservation was put under a different date ..and that my other reservation had in fact been cancelled. I spoke the THREE MORE people to explain .... a total of SIX, and was told that they could get me a room and the original location but the rate was now increased by 50%!!!
I can understand for a event like this the downtown hotel was full and they couldn't "make it right" ...but to come back with trying to raise my original reservation by 50% completely STUNNED me.
I suggest avoiding the Hyatt. I know I will.

Room Tip: Do not expect them to "make it right".
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rogerzd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holladay, Utah
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our connecting flight to SLC was cancelled and we arrived in Dallas at 10pm during an electric storm. Since our group of 6 included my elderly parents, we decided it best to find 3 rooms for the night, then fly out at noon the next day.

The Hyatt is directly attached to the airport for extreme efficiency. I had little to no expectations other than clean sheets and decent room service. After an incredibly long and delayed flight we arrived at this gorgeous oasis. WOW! I've seen a lot of hotels in all of my years traveling but this place it truly beautiful. Modern, new and efficient. The rooms are all large (based on our 3) and finished with touch screen everything....lighting (low & high), temp controls, black out & sheer window treatments, etc. The baths black granite finishes including a deep tub and separate shower were truly stunning. I could have just hung out in the bathroom!

By the time we were checked in it was quite late but everyone was hungry. 3 individually ordered room services arrived in lightening speed with really great food. Though too tired to recount the specifics, we had no problem finishing our meals than hitting the sheets.

I can honestly say that if I ever plan to visit Dallas, I would highly recommend this Hyatt for its beautiful rooms and convenience to the airport!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Waianae, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We really loved staying at this hotel. It was clean, and in walking distance to the areas we needed to go. The staff was very helpful and nice. Everything about the hotel was really great. The only problem is if you are a light sleeper. We were on the 14th floor and we still could hear the trains passing all the time. Also, we could hear everyone walking and passing past our door. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room on the opposite side of where the trains pass in front of the hotel. We loved the decor of the room and the views we had. The trains didnt bother us, but it bothered our friends. So it is actually your preference. We kept the shades up at night so that we could see the beautiful city lights and the other hotel lights that had a show of lights on their building. It was gorgeous. Would we stay there again? Absolutely!!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request to have your room on the opposite of the hotel front entrance...
1 Thank marilyn1260
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room itself was very nice, but the noise from the next room was too much. It sounded like the two guys talking next door were in our room with us. You can hear every opening and closing door up and down the hallway. It is not that the other guests were overly loud, but that walls are paper thin. The lobby bar appears nice but it is hard to get service. My group waited 35 minutes to be served at the bar, then as soon as we took a seat at a table were told the bar was closing and we had to leave. The manager didn't have a problem with us ordering a $200+ round of top shelf drinks, but had no intention of letting us drink it there and was exceptionally rude asking us to leave. We were a quiet group just looking to talk quietly over a drink so the armed police officer was a little over the top. She did allow us to take them to our room, but if I wanted to drink in my room I would have gotten a beer at 7-11. I was also not interested in having a group in my room, see point #1 about the noise travel between rooms.

Green Features: Our room was not serviced. Staff first came to the room at 3pm while we were getting ready to leave for the day. They did not return to service the room while we were out. Not cleaning our room is the highest level of environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Hyatt was one of many conference hotels for the conference I attended last week. I "thought" it was relatively close to the convention center, but it was not - a $10 cab ride or the shuttle when it was running. Check-in was smooth and the lobby area seemed efficient and the concierge knowledgeable about the area, The room was a bit noisy (train) but very clean and well maintained. However, the lounge and restaurant was not ready for the number of chemistry geeks (like me) who showed up over the course of the convention. Lounge service was impossibly slow and inaccurate, food was difficult to find late at night. Overall, I was pretty lukewarm about the property as a whole.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the train station
1 Thank Harry E
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for recent stay with us at Hyatt Regency Dallas. Please allow me to seize this opportunity to personally apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I understand your frustrations and appreciate your comments. I am, however, glad to hear that check-in was smooth and the concierge staff was accommodating for you. I truly hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Fred Euler
Hyatt Regency Dallas
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

While the rooms are excellent, this hotel was very crowded and service lacked in many respects. First, a huge line to valet. They didn't open the car doors and we finally pulled out and took our luggage and got out on our own. Then as we got to the room, the bathtub was dirty - like dirt and stale water left there!!! But even worse, when we called in to get it cleaned, it took them more than half an hour to get there, which caused us to be late to dinner reservations. While again the rooms and hotel are excellent, the service is one of the worst I have seen!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Lutisa
College Station, TX
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ok, so it is a typical Hyatt convention center hotel in most regards but the rooms are very nice. The room darkening shades work really well. The bed was fantastic and there was a wide choice of pillows from flat to puffy to choose from. The hotel is located at the edge of downtown and isn't in walking distance to much you really want to walk to. However; if you are driving, it is a pretty convenient location to get downtown quickly or leave downtown and head different directions. The staff took care of any requests we made in a reasonable time and the valet parking folks had vehicles out front quickly. I was surprised at the level of service even though there was a large conference going on at the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
What a great review! We’re proud to be your place of choice and part of Hyatt Regency Dallas family. We've made a commitment to placing our guests experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We look forward to your next stay with us and will be anxiously awaiting your arrival!