“Clean & Affordable”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Dallas during a business trip. Upon checking in I was informed that the computer systems had been down in the hotel, due to the inconvenience the concierge offered free in-room WiFi service to all guests which was nice. When I first walked into my room I was pleasantly surprised, everything was newly renovated. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I wasn't spending much time in Dallas but, it would have been nice to have a better view - unfortunately mine was of the penitentiary which made me weary about leaving my room as I was traveling alone. Overall it was a pleasant stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,277)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the moment we exited the cab ride from DFW to the moment we stepped into the shuttle ride back to the airport the Hyatt was a wonderful experience. The staff was extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful, My wife and I were in Dallas to attend a wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better view of the city skyline. The room was very spacious and the King sized bed was the most comfortable we've slept in at any hotel. We will definitely stay at this hotel on our next trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the better the view of the skyline.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay. Beautiful large comfortable rooms. Special lighting- turns on at night when your feet hit the floor. Very well equipped room. Loved the nightly light show from the Omni hotel. Saw all the reviews concerning the noise of the trains and the bedside ear plugs. We stayed for 3 nights on the side that faced union station the train noise was minimal we were pleasantly surprised! Definitely not a problem. Exercise room was well equipped and clean. Pool area was nice but very small pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to stay in downtown especially if you have a room with a view. Only thing was no spa as it is really for business travelers. Easy walk thru the tunnel to the spa at the Omni. Also, you must take in Reunion Tower for dinner & drinks.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel. Great location. Bad service.
So to get to the heart of my problem. First night when we valet parked the car. Checked in and went to the room to wait for our bags to be sent up. While the bags were being put in the room, I asked the man if he could send someone to bring extra towels because there was only 3 in the room but 4 of us were checked in. I also asked if he could have someone pick up the tray of dirty dished in front of our room door. He agreeded and took a 5 dollar tip for only two bags. Needless to say I ended up having to call about the towels and dishes myself later that evening.
Next morning we called the valet to ask that our car be brought up to the front as we were instructed to do. An answering machine answered the call to tell us to come down to order our car. So we did just that. Well while waiting for our car 3 different guys asked us for our number of our car ticket and assured us they would get our car even after we told them we had turned our number in to the valet office. We also observed a manager. Keep in mind there were many guest leaving the hotel at this time but many of them were waiting upwards od 45 min to an hour. The manager was totally useless. He was not helping at all and actually looked like there was no problem at all. Finally I walked up to him and explained the problems as well as how all the attendents were trying to make there own list of cars to bring up instead of having a master list controled by someone in charge. I told him they needed Managment direction. He took my ticket number to get to the bottom of what was going on. I really don't think he got it. I just told him what the problem was and all I did was observe. Nobody was in control so each worker was their one man show.

So after my review to the hotel they awarded my Hyatt
account with 3000 points. That gets you nothing but a little closer to a free night. Really expected to refund one night of parking at 26 per night for the bad service but that did not happen.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Gerald G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip in May, 2014. What a beautiful hotel. The lobby and atrium are amazing. The room was wonderful with a great view of downtown. The powered shades were a great touch to block the sun in the afternoon and to keep it nice and dark for sleeping. All around great experience.

Room Tip: 24th floor facing East provided a great view. Train noise, though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely clean Hotel with a spacious room and lovely comfortable bed. As a last minute trip I hadn't looked at the reviews on room noise and we ended up in 903 which overlooked the railway tracks . If you are a light sleeper I would ask for a room on the other side or perhaps a higher floor. It is less than a 10 minute walk to Dealey Plaza and JFK museum and a number of of bars and restaurants. The Hotel also runs a courtesy car service. The pool area was very small but very nice. I would definitely stay again if going to Dallas but would request a different room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple