“Great Stay with Fantastic Views and Horrible Accounting!”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #24 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed in hotel for political convention. Impressive lobby, fine dining in hotel restaurant, exceptional views of Dallas skyline. The only negative was my shock when I received my bill during checkout on 6.28.2014. Thought problem was resolved and bill was corrected. However, the credit was never applied to my card. On 7.2.2014, I called and spoke to Maria in accounting and she said would take care of the problem. Went out of town and returned today and found that the problem is still not resolved. I guess I will go back to staying in Marriott's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,323)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Certainly a quality hotel, will not blow you away but it is a good value in what can be an expensive city. Walkability is good to the downtown attractions and restaurants. I would select it as a business destination first and foremost, there are better experiences for couples in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Room with A View - always worth being higher up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the first time I've actually stayed at the Hyatt, but I've been at conferences that used the facilities before and I've had friends stay. Apparently they've done a remodel in the recent past and I can tell. The room was fantastic.

The staff was also very friendly and professional. There were 5000 teachers at a conference in late June and most of us were staying at the Hyatt. Lines were long, but incredibly fast and the staff was great.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The beds were comfortable, and lots of space in the room, especially the long counter top which held lots of purses, papers, computers, etc. Many outlets around the room for charging phones, etc. Bathroom was good sized, lots of lighting and counter space there, also. Happy to see a safety mat in the tub, but would have appreciated a grab bar for easier and safer entering and exiting. The hotel is a very modern design, and unfortunately that includes sliding wooden doors in the bathroom which were heavy, sometimes difficult to lock properly, and very noisy. Breakfast buffet included a variety of delicious food, but quite pricy. We appreciated the computers in the lobby so airline boarding passes could be printed, but the only way to get free wi-fi was to sign up for Hyatt rewards.

Room Tip: When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted to be away from the trains, and were given a nice roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for three nights and loved every bit of it. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. We enjoyed touring Reunion Tower as well. We were equally impressed with the Centennial Café. Fantastic food at reasonable prices with an incredible wait staff. The rooms were large and clean, and we loved the lights by the bed that went on and off in the dark. The bed was comfortable and the room was always attended to when we left. I accidentally left my wedding bands and another sterling silver ring with a pearl on the counter one day, and they were both there when we returned. My husband visited the sports bar and loved the bartender there and the entire experience. We would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would change would be to ask for a view of the city vs. the interstate. We were attending the Democratic convention so it was sort of a business/tourist trip.

Room Tip: Ask for city view.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Terrible experience with parking. Hotel tried to charge me self and valet charge. Wouldn't take off charge. Told me to walk back to my car upon check in. Took 3 set of kets to get in room due to being told a wrong room number. Terrible experience dining at WP's 560. Have stayed here before and didn't have this experience. Not sure what is going on here but they aren't really responsive when you have a problem and don't know how to handle customers when you do. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights at this cool and classy hotel connected to Reunion Tower. It is truly a beautiful place inside and out. Our 16th floor room had an amazing view of the Dallas skyline. The historic grassy knoll is about 2 blocks away and the West End restaurant district is as within easy walking distance.

It is noisy on the skyline side because of the train that runs directly below. They do provide earplugs but if you are noise intolerant, request a room away from the trains.

We had a decent rate but were disappointed by all the additional charges ($19/day for parking, $10/day for internet, etc.).

The pool is tiny but the fitness center is exceptional. The elevators get very busy during rush periods. Expect to wait as long as 5 minutes

While there, be sure to go up in Reunion Tower. It is $16 to just take the elevator up but just tell them you want to go to the bar and you can go up free. An $8 beer and a 60 minute revolving view of the DFW area is well worth it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business