“Great Stay at La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown
Ranked #112 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Really enjoyed the stay at La Quinta in Dallas. The staff was friendly and the room was nice and clean. We booked a room with 2 beds and a separate bedroom with a bed. One of the best locations in Dallas. Would recommend to anyone for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I love animals, but not loud dogs that bark at all hours of the night. Outside of Building, average. Room was pretty clean. Bed didn't feel like a pillow top. Had a hard time getting to sleep and then it started. I would start to get back to sleep and they would bark again. Walls were thin and headr other noise. Not a pleasent stay. Cleck was nice

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I like the location and clean interior but noise is so bad I will never stay here again.

I travel every week and on this one I agree with the reviewer below. My first impression of the outside of the hotel was that it looked run down, but i was pleasantly surprised with the interior modern and clean feel and nice staff.

I'm usually nice in my hotel rankings but I can only offer 2 stars on this one because of noise. The primary function of a hotel is to have a place to rest.

My door was on the outside on the first floor like a motel which did not feel safe. There is a LOT of noise from outside.

I can usually sleep thru anything. .. but this was bad. You can hear the highway like they are driving semi trucks on your front door step, and leaf blowing crew started early that even I as a hard sleeper was awakened and got up to go say something. Every conversation sounds like they are talking with your door open and people rolling their suitcases by even seem to amplify the sound.

If you need a hotel for sleep...do not stay here.

I will never stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in the family suite which has three full beds. The two rooms were very clean and the beds were the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. Our room was located on the front of the building and right next to a Denny's restaurant. The highway and the customers at Denny's were extremely noisy. So much so that over the three nights we stayed we were awoken at least five times each night. Two times for the Denny's customers hanging out in the parking lot at 2 a.m. talking and several times with loud motorcycles on Central Expressway. If you stay here request a room on the back of the hotel and away from Denny's. I'd also bring earplugs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

First, I love the updates at the property. Very tasteful and yet again, a very successful trip for me. When I checked in, I was greeted by Paul, who remembers me from all the times before. It is so wonderful to walk in and be treated like family. Thank you for maintaining the continuity for us return visitors.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

First impression of the outside of the hotel isn't great - you can tell it's an older hotel and the outside could use a fresh cost of paint. It is a two story building as, as far as I could tell, there is no elevator. I was pleasantly surprised by the room - it was very clean and looked new. The bathroom (at least the portion with the shower/tub and toilet) was not as nice, but wasn't bad. The beds were comfortable.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of noise from outside. My room faced the highway, so it was constant highway noise and several sirens each night. It sounded like a window or door was open all night. Anybody having a conversation while walking outside the rooms can be clearly heard.

If there was a way to keep the highway noise out, I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeaH1109
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel last week. Free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast. We had a second floor room facing the highway. Noisy in the room because of the traffic driving by, but I live by a highway at home so it didn't really bother us. We didn't hear any noise from the other units so that was nice. The beds were pretty small but they were comfortable. There was security on foot in the parking lot every night which was nice to see. There was also a 24hr Denny's right beside the hotel for those late night snacks. Staff was nice and very helpful and the rooms were clean. I'd stay there again if I was in the Dallas area as it was only a 7 minute drive downtown. Just wished there was a mini fridge...

Room Tip: Rooms along the back will probably be less noisy.