Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsholiday innmockingbird stationbush librarypresidential librarylifetime fitnesscookies and milkfront desksmu campusreading lightsnorth central expresswayshopping and restaurantswalking distancebreakfast buffetdart stationfree happy hourconvenient locationindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Upon arriving, we checked in quickly and without any problems. The hotel seemed nice. Our room was located by the elevator which we were concern with the dinging from the elevator, but couldn't hear a thing. The hotel is newly renovated, they should have double pane the windows. We listen to the traffic on 75 all night long. The double pane would have helped with the temperature as well. It was in the 20's outside and our heater wall thermometer didn't work. Called maintenance, who promptly arrived and fixed it temporarily. The heater completely shut off in the middle of the night. It was too late to switch rooms. The manager, who was extremely nice and apologetic, did credit our stay with points, which was nice but there was still an inconvenience. The bathroom was small and tight fit. If you are visiting the Presidential library, this is a short walk. Also, the location is close to the campus and the restaurants. Plenty of parking at no additional cost.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TWTHOMAS
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear TWTHOMAS,

You managed to highlight some of the benefits and drawbacks you experienced during your stay with us and I wanted to let you know we appreciate the balance and candor of this review. Where we can improve, we will, and your review helps us to achieve this goal. You might be on the fence about staying with us again, but I can assure you you're welcome back anytime - we'll be ready.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My famiily has not had much success at properties in the 100$/night range, but I was impressed with it save for two things: the bathtub drain stopper would not close, and I could not connect to Wi-Fi in the room; as we were only staying one night I did not bother about these.

The beds are comfortable and the rooms are well lit. Decor throughout the property srrms to be some modern Scandinavian design, which seems to work really well.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, with attentive staff. All hotel staff were friendly and attentive. All told I was pleased with the value I received.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Major-General

Dear Major-General,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We're glad we got to take care of you and the family - we appreciate the positive comments and look forward to having you back.

Cheers,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here for Thanksgiving this year, we decided to try this after usually staying at the Doubletree. The lobby is nicely appointed and spacious, the ceilings are high and there is a nice bar on the far wall. Our room was modern and clean, it seems like Holiday Inn are trying to make themselves more upscale. The bathroom was nice, which is usually where hotels save money. However, this one had nice stone tiles (at least they looked like stone) and nice coconut lime shower products that I enjoyed. The downside of the room is that their A/C is not central air, it comes from a wall unit that is anchored by the window. This alone is not a big deal, but it makes quite a bit of noise that can be bothersome if you are a light sleeper. I just kept it on the whole time and it turned into background noise for me.

In addition, the wifi connection is pretty spotty. I was able to get on the internet about 70% of the time, but this may be an issue if you are coming here for business and need constant internet.

The breakfast in the lobby is a great value (only $5 if you prepay) with scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, toast, oatmeal, fruit, etc...

This place is an incredible value (only $79 a night!!) and the location is very convenient. I recommend this hotel if you need something in the area, it's the nicest of its kind for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. The "ding!" of the elevator can be bothersome.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear beachycali,

Man, what a great review - something we can really sink our teeth into and talk about ways we can improve guest experience. Thank you for taking the time and putting in the details, it really is helpful. We're glad we got to take care of you and look forward to the next time. Till then,

Best,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hotel is in very convenient location a couple miles north of downtown - close to most Dallas attractions but fairly easy in-and-out compared to downtown hotels. Seems like an older property that has been renovated with some nice décor and furnishings. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Bathroom was quite small (typical of older hotel) and still showed some age. Fitness center was very minimal but OK. Front desk and housekeeping staff were all pleasant. I decided to eat breakfast at hotel restaurant and was very pleasantly surprised - great food, great service, and prices not bad for a hotel. I almost dropped the rating a star due to room price. It seemed pretty steep but I think that is the case of most hotels in north central Dallas, so stuck with the 4 stars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BizTravelerRick
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear BizTravelerRick,

We love reviewers like you! All business, nice composition of the review, balanced the positives with the not-so-positives. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad we could be a part of your travels and we look forward to providing you the level of service you deserve as a seasoned traveler. Until then,

Cheers,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I checked in at the Holiday Inn a little wary. Many of the reviews here had been mixed, and we had booked it for 8 nights. We had gone to Dallas to visit family, and the location was ideal, so we decided to give it a chance, and it did not let us down! Free parking was the first perk, as most hotels charge you ridiculous rates or expect you to use valet. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and newly renovated, and the main complaint expressed here about internet was never a problem during our stay. There are 2 internets, both free, guest rooms and Lobby, and you must switch between them if you are in your room or in the lobby accordingly. The password is the same, so its not a hassle. We had added breakfast to our room rate (for $5 per room more) and that was a bargain. Breakfast buffet of eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, fruits,etc was attentively served downstairs every day.
The rooms still don't have a safe, since their renovation. The safe at front desk is available, but its tiny compartments for jewelry or money, they need to address this soon. TVs in the room are new flatscreens, with cable, and worked perfectly. Coffeemaker in the bathroom with single serving pods was very convenient. Towels are cotton and large( this is important to me) you can choose your pillows, either soft or firm, and they will interchange them if you ask.
The hotel is conveniently located 1/2 a block from the Mockingbird Station stores and restaurants, and train station. We saw dogs while we were there, so I believe its pet friendly
Fir the value and location, I think its a great choice. I believe that they still can improve ( like the safe issue), but I will definitely book them again on my next trip. .

Room Tip: We stayed in the 8th floor if it helps.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ledesmarubio

Dear Ledesmarubio,

Thank you for taking the time to compose such a thorough and insightful review. You managed to point out the things that worked (service, food, parking, location) and the things that need improving (the safe). I am forwarding this review to the management, as I know they are eager to solve the safe issue as well. Your review will help us elevate our already raised standards of service, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Best,