Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsholiday innmockingbird stationbush librarypresidential librarylifetime fitnesscookies and milkfront desksmu campusreading lightsnorth central expresswayshopping and restaurantswalking distancebreakfast buffetdart stationfree happy hourconvenient locationindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights last weekend. My wife and I brought our 10 month old son with us so I called ahead of time to reserve a baby crib. When I walked into the room, there was no crib. I called the front desk, and a few minutes later, a security guard brought a crib. However, there was no mattress. When I asked where the mattress was, he went back downstairs and brought the mattress. However, nobody thought to include bed sheets. Luckily, my wife brought sheets from home.

In addition, the toilet did not flush properly and kept running for hours after flushing. The door handle from inside the room falls off. The walls were paper thin but you expect that from a Holiday Inn. The hallways were loud with parties but that is expected since the hotel is right off SMU. If I wasn't there for a school function, I would not have chosen this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank zizouzidane
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear zizouzidane,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I chose this location because of the proximity of the Mockingbird Station shopping area. My wife had stayed here on a previous trip and loved its atmosphere and refined décor. She thought it would be a romantic setting for a Valentines getaway. The rate on the weekend is lower due to the business class and meeting area used during the week. We did not leave the hotel once we arrived due to the available bar and restaurant. I did feel the bar prices were a little steep but other than that it is a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hey Tcrump602,

So glad we got to take care of you and we appreciate your review. Besides the steep price of drinks, it seems you dug it. Well we dig you. Looking forward to the next celebration -

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We've tried several times to stay at this hotel, first when it was the Radisson and now as the Holiday Inn. They spent a fortune on the facelift but didn't invest a dime in the climate control. After moving rooms 3 times we gave up and ended up in a room with yet another broken thermostat. While checking in, two gentlemen in line before us were complaining about the temperatures in their rooms. Passing through the lobby we heard others complaining about the same problem. If you stay here we suggest you bring a space heater or a portable fan since they can't seem to fix the problem during your stay. We have reservations for future stays which we will be cancelling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MyK1dsMom
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear MyK1dsMom,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. You managed to outline the issue that was most frustrating to our guests and our staff, our HVAC system being temporarily on the fritz - we appreciate our guest's patience as we work to ensure our heat is working properly, as it usually does, and even though you are cancelling future plans, we welcome you back and promise you won't have to bring a space heater.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We statyd at this hotel for over a week when visiting relatives in Dallas. The location can't be beat. You can walk to the Mockingbird DART (public tramway) station and reach downtown Dallas. You can also walk to a shopping mall with Starbucks, Smashburger, etc. The breakfast is excellent with real Texas style hot biscuits and grits. The bar is large and elegant, but comfortable,with good food. We ordered chicken quesadillas on several nights and that was plenty for a light dinner. It was wonderful having our drinks outside at the patio behind the pool. It felt like being at a luxury spa. Will definitely go back when we are in Dallas again.

Room Tip: some of the rooms seem to face interior - I would avoid those
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 4Family4FunNY
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hey 4Family4FunNY,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we're so happy we got to take care of you and the fam. You pointed out all the pros and we appreciate it - we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Booked this hotel for a Friday - Sunday weekend for work. Closest thing to Downtown Dallas that was under $ 150.00 and IHG network. Just one of those hotels that has a great lobby, great staff, and newer beds, headboards, desks. Overall the remodel is a hit or miss, HVAC and the bathrooms are tired, and the "refresh" wasn't really done with much care. Overall the room is a cool layout and good lighting. I had room service and was prompt, and a decent value. If this hotel was $150, I would expect more. Overall priced for the level I received.

Room Tip: Choose a room not at front of hotel - 75 is really close.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S

Hey Tom S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're happy you found it a match for the value and we hope to serve you again in the future. Until then,