Knights Inn Market Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am in sales and I travel a lot. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and being honest when I have had issues. I had a very bad experience here. My wife and I were in Dallas for the weekend and needed a room for two nights. Making a reservation was very difficult and when talking to the woman regarding making reservations over the phone I was basically told that she could not help me. We arrived late Friday night and found that we had been given a smoking room after specifically asking for one that was non-smoking. The clerk fixed this issue, but when we went upstairs, the room (which was "non-smoking") smelled like an ash tray. We were tired so we went ahead and went to bed. After enjoying the town the next day, we returned to our hotel to find that we had been locked out of our room. I called the front desk and was told that I had not paid for the second night. I had paid the night before. At this point I was very frustrated and asked if I could just get my things out of the room and leave. The clerk said I could not have my things until I paid for the second night, which again, I had done the night before. After walking down to the office and speaking with the manager for a while, we found that a duplicate reservation had been made while I was trying to make my original reservation, and that the payment misunderstanding was in fact their fault. The manager was eventually apologetic, but during the ordeal, they seemed to be blaming everything from the faulty reservation to the payment mistake on me.

In short, if you can avoid staying here, please do. This hotel really just about ruined our trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank J_M_Brandt
KnightsinnMarket, Owner at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Mr. Brandt, we at Knights Inn Market Center strive to make every stay of our guests comfortable, obviously something went wrong and I sincerely apologize for all the confusion and discomfort. We did not mean to blame the reservation confusion on you and after talking with you and later on reviewing your reservation, I discovered you had no fault in all the confusion. The intermediary you booked the room through noted down wrong information, for example instead of booking you a non-smoking room they booked smoking room, and instead of booking your room for two nights they booked it for one night. If you would like, I can email you the copy of the reservation we received with wrong information. Please rest assure that I will be bringing your inconvenience to the attention of the intermediary manager. Last but not least, a non-smoking room smelling like an "ash tray" is not acceptable, I will bring your complain to the attention of our housekeepers, but I am glad you were eventually put into a non-smoking room which didn't smell like ash tray.

I again deeply apologize for all the discomfort and promise you that your discomfort will not go unnoticed. I hope you give us another chance, the inconvenience you brought to our attention will be properly addressed. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again so that we can give you a far better experience!

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Not too bad of a place for how cheap it is. Certainly not a honeymoon location, but definitely gets the job done for cheap stay. I've stayed in worse for more money. Service isn't great, in the rooms were a little bigger than what I expected for the price

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Manager has limited social skills. He doesn't appreciate the importance of accommodating guests. Perhaps a military career as a drill instructor would suit him better. He could do well to learn that asking for what he wants or needs would be far more effective than giving orders.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lloyd B
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mr. Lloyd, thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concern. At check-in you were informed about our check-out time, next day upon check-out at 11am you informed our front desk representative that you would be staying-over and will come to front-desk to pay in few minutes. Since the front desk representative did not see you at noon, she followed up regarding the payment, again she got the same response that you would be coming to pay at the front desk in few minutes. At 1:30pm, I noticed that payment has not been made, so I called your room but we did not get any response, at 1:45pm I stopped by your room to request you to pay for the second day, you again told me that you would be coming in few minutes, I informed you that we have waited almost three hours after check-out for the payment, at this point we can not give you any more time.

As a hotel manager for more than four years, I understand that sometime a guest needs some time to decide if they would be staying over, especially with the weather we had past weekend, but not paying for the room for three hours after checkout time is not acceptable. Thank you, for staying with us and for giving us this opportunity to address your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

There was a few hairs in the bath tub, do we did not bother to use it. The room odorded a little. Other than that it was alright. I prefer a hotel, but that motel was the closest one to where I was going. I used priceline to purchase it and it said it was $51. When I gave my credit card info to the staff, the receipt she gave me said $41. My account was still charged $51.

• Stayed: November 2013
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest, We sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issue you encountered, we have addressed it with our housekeepers to make sure this does not repeat again.

Let be briefly explain why the amount on your receipt was different than what you would see on your bank statement. When a guest reserves a hotel room via any OTA (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) they pay the rate available on the OTA website, after your room is booked the OTA sends the hotel the rate after deducting OTA commission, which is few dollars less than the amount you pay online. This situation is not unique to our hotel, any hotel which accepts reservation through an OTA has this rate difference. For more information please give us a call.

Thank you for your feedback, your feedback is very valuable to us since it helps us improve our services.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

just a quick trip to visit a sick relative, last minute reservation for the cheapest and closest motel available. for $39 per night this was great; newly renovated room, all new carpet, fresh paint, new furniture; 36" flat screen TV, very nice. Desk clerk said that they are about 75% complete with renovations, should be finished by Xmas. Everything was clean and above expectation. Great value! not much on amenities, just a pcket of conditioning sjampoo and bar soap. towels were plentiful and more than adequate if not luxurious. No coffee in room.
fresh coffee and cereal in Lobby. free WIFI in lobby.Arriving after midnite use a side door with a buzzer. rather odd check in and lobby entrance, drive up to a rather small entrance area obscured by an outside divider wall.
But the staff was professional and friendly. I would book direct and ask for a newly renovated room. Will return.

Room Tip: request a newly renovated room; noise did not seem to be an issue anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo