“Basic and affordable”

Ranked #144 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Kyle, Texas
“Basic and affordable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Overall a very basic room at a very cheap price. It's less than 10 minutes from downtown Dallas. It was a little off the beaten path, but that made for quiet nights. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. They had free coffee in the morning and food items for purchase. We stayed three nights and were quite satisfied.

Room Tip: People with balance issues may want to request a handicap room. The showers are a bit awkward, in t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Misty M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The price was low for the level of accommodations.Towels were rough, we had to ask for a TV channel guide, and there were no tissues, but that's no big deal. Room was very clean and perfectly adequate. Great location and good value. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Lois K
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I had business to conduct an I was on a budget. It was close to Southwestern Medical Center. TV was good. Bathroom light fixture was tempermental. Room had zero privacy to dress. All in all, we got what we paid for and that's really all you can ask.

Room Tip: Staff was very good, polite, and responsive. Decent value for my budget. Noisy A/C. Needed a plung...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are delighted to hear that your stay was satisfactory in terms of getting great value for the low budget. Each year we continue to make our guestrooms better and comfortable for our guest. I hope you decide to choose us again on your next visit so that we can make your stay great!
Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

After a lot of travelling by air I checked in to a double room and with a comfortable bed went almost directly to sleep, mid afternoon. When I awoke and wanted to "freshen up" I found the washbasin would not drain and the shower head came off and the bath also would not drain. I immediately went to the front desk. The receptionist apologised and gave me a key to another room so I could check it out before moving. The new room was delightful. Everything was good. A bar fridge and microwave were in the room already. I spent 6 nights here. Transport to downtown Dallas was easy as a bus stops right outside the motel and goes direct to the train.

There is no restaurant or cafe at this motel but a short walk will take you to several 'fast food' outlets and a small supermarket. Walk the other direction and you will find various places to eat.

Initially I was a bit dubious about staying here but would stay here again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: If there is no microwave in your room ask and there is usually no problem with the management supply...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank stretch7250
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It is always great to hear from our guests what a fabulous stay they had at our motel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had to face in the initial room you were given. Happy to hear you were taken care of immediately by our staff. See you on your next visit to Dallas!
Hayward, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

When I walked into the room it had been sprayed with a lot of air fresher. There was no microwave or a refrigerator. When I woke up in the morning the air fresher was gone and I could smell smoke. The front desk people were nice. It was hard to get ice out of the ice machine. They don't offer any thing in the morning like fruit or coffee.

Room Tip: I am not sure if they have any with microwaves or refrigerators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank vetbjdj
Dear Guest,

So sorry to hear the inconveniences you faced at our motel. To clarify your first concern, only about half of our 111 guestrooms have microwaves and fridges at this point, thus customers have to request for a room that has that amenity. If we have any rooms available, we simply just offer it to you for free. Secondly, since we are a budget motel, we do not provide free continental breakfast and only free coffee. Sorry for this inconvenience but I really hope we can better serve you on your next visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We checked in at about 10 pm. The front desk guy could have been friendlier but wasn't rude. We had scheduled for a late checkout the next day and still a housekeeper came by twice then what I assume was the housekeeping supervisor came and told me that it was checkout time, with an attitude. I informed her that we had a late checkout and she said we had to be gone by 11:30. Also their was no hair dryer which was pretty odd but not a big deal. The man working the front desk when we checked out was much friendlier. Overall it was decent but could use better customer service.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Nikki Y
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for reviewing us. So sorry to hear that you felt our staff member wasn't friendlier. We strive to train our staff to always smile and provide superior service to our guest in any circumstances. I am confident that you will experience our superior customer service on your next visit to our hotel. Please call me if you would like to further discuss your concerns!