“Excellent Hotel!”

Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at this location for a girls getaway. I wanted to stay right downtown but it was too expensive so this was a great alternative. The hotel is undergoing renovations and noisy in the morning. I suggest being aware of the stage of renovations and ask for a room on the opposite side. The rooms were very nice, concierge lounge was great ( the ladies working in the concierge lounge were wonderful!!! She saved me a plate of dessert when I knew I would be out in the evening).
Beautiful restaurant and bar area. Pool on the roof was very clean and well maintained. Marriott... Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank seeyouatthebeach

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here with my daughter in March for the National Cheer Association competition. Heres a quick quality check on our stay:

The Good: The food downstairs in the restaurant was high quality, and the staff friendly and good overall. Room service was also very good, bringing up food quite quickly and always accurate.

The OK: The rooms and facility were clean, rooms were not as upscale as most Renaissance's that I've visited. More like a normal Marriott hotel quality.

Areas for Improvement: Each day my daughter and I left our room by 9am to go to downtown for the competition. On both occasions when we returned nearly at 8pm at night, our room had not been cleaned. Not even touched. No new towels, no old towel pickup, no changing of the sheets - nothing. When I called down to inquire about it and ask, the front desk clerk immediately asked and assumed that I must have had up the do not disturb sign. I let her know that we did not - we'd been gone all day. Then she says " Well do you still want it cleaned?". I think the question I wanted to ask her was "Well, do you still want your money for me staying in this room?" With the answer to that being YES, the answer to my question would also be Yes. HELLO...why do you think I'm calling you at 8:30pm? I was very tired and exhausted from a non stop day of thousands of energetic cheering flipping girls at a cheer competition, and constant walking. I was looking forward to getting back to the room at the end of each day, and this was such a let down went coming back to the room. Every Courtyard and even Fairfield that I've stayed at managed to get my room cleaned by at least 4pm. I don't think 8pm was asking too much, and on top of that, for the desk clerk not to be apologetic for the mistake made it worse. Not impressed by this Renaissance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rtpbutterfly
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and staff service. However, I want to apologize for the issues you had with our Housekeeping Department. After receiving your review we spoke with our Housekeeping Manager and have taken action on this issue. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we failed you on that. Rest assured that we will be working diligently to make sure this issue is resolved and hope you will stay with us again when you return to Dallas!

Warm Regards,

Mark Woelffer

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Due to a crazy weather day, I was stranded at Love Field Airport in Dallas, TX. The airline customer service assistant suggested I take one of the last available rooms--at the Renaissance. Great advice. I arrived at 11 PM, and their restaurant/bar was open until 12:30. Courteous service, good food, and a wonderful room on short notice.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor--very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and attentive staff! We had a problem when the bathtub started backing up while using the sink next to it (weird), and it was quickly resolved with a room upgrade and an apology for any innconvenience. We enjoyed the breakfast buffett with wonderful pastries and hot food selections. The only reason I gave four stars was of the ugliness of walking from the parking lot till inside the hotel due to construction. Once it is all completed, it will be very nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksugrads
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for a full 10 days while attending a conference, and quite enjoyed my time there. Rooms were good (as business hotels go), but what really made this place stand out was/is the people working there.

Over the course of ten days I was looked after extremely well, and all my needs met 24/7. From the lady in housekeeping to the women working in the shipping department, everyone was extremely friendly, and highly competent.

A five-star business experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1337Mel
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your travel experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff was so helpful! I'll be sure to share your comments with them.

Hope to see you again soon,

Mark Woelffer

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Amazing! This hotel rates excellent in my book. I planned a one night surprise birthday stay for my wife and this was probably the best hotel experience we have ever had. It was a fantastic stay with much of the credit going to the hotel staff and wonderful accommodations.

Everyone we encountered on staff was friendly and caring and provided impeccable service. This is the primary reason our stay was so good. From the valet who eased the burden of no front entrance drop-off due to construction or Steven at the registration desk who was very welcoming and took excellent care of us.
My wife and I both thought the lobby was very classy and hip and fit the exterior architecture perfectly. There was a grand staircase in the lobby and cool bar in the background that looked like it would be a wise choice to spend a little time at later.

Raul our bellhop helped to get us up to our room and we were amazed when we opened the door. Our room which was a suite had an incredible view of Dallas. Later that night it only got better with Dallas lit up against the night sky. If a Dallas view is available it is well worth requesting. The room was very clean with a comfortable bed and cool furnishings.
We checked out the gym and rooftop pool and while the pool was a bit small the location on the roof was great. The gym had everything you need to keep you from feeling guilty about missing your regular gym workouts.
We did make it back down to the lobby bar which had a very unique, open and comfortable feel. Adrianne was tending bar and served perfect drinks. I highly recommend checking it out.

While there are many nice Dallas hotels to choose from I believe few will match the level of service and friendliness of the Renaissance staff. For a spectacular view of Dallas, perhaps one of the best night views possible, this is it. My thanks to the management team for making the Renaissance an experience to remember. This hotel is a standout which I will highly recommend.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view and even numbered rooms give you Dallas lights at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First, I would like to say that I am a hotel sales manager myself so I am pretty particular when it comes to hotel stays. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. Every single person that I came into contact with from the minute I stepped out of the taxi upon arrival to my departure was extremely friendly and helpful. The valet was wonderful, the front desk staff was accommodating when I asked if I could have a king room instead of a double. The two bartenders in Asador were wonderful. Especially the young gentleman bartender. I ordered the Artichoke Salad and asked if I could add shrimp... no problem. It was delicious!! Room service was prompt and friendly. This hotel has a great outdoor pool on the roof, with great comfy pool lounge chairs and a large fitness center. Not to mention this hotel is at a great location. It is only minutes away from downtown ($10.00 cab), and not too far from the DFW airport. If I come to Dallas again, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business