“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Colorado
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very sastified. the room was very nice and clean and the staff could not have been more friendly. I want to give a shout out to Betty and the Security Staff. I returned home and realized I had left some items in the room. I called back and they were so helpful and nice about getting my left items back to me. This staff goes above and beyond thier duty. I very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ronweasley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed 4 nights last week on a business trip. From a design standpoint, this is not your cookie cutter hotel. Would you call its cross-section elliptical? It's certainly dramatic, especially when viewed from the ground looking up at the exterior.

I was in one of the pointy ends, so my room was unusually shaped and a bit small, but quite comfortable. The bath was small but serviceable as well, with nice amenities.

As noted by others, there is construction work ongoing. Significant work on the 3rd and 4th floors. Unfortunately I was on the 5th floor working in my room the first day. Some worker was quite diligent with an air hammer. I considered requesting a new room but figured they'd knock off around 4pm. Correct. Quiet after that, so not really a big deal.

The concierge was well appointed with a great view of downtown Dallas from the 27th floor. Food was very good quality and selection. The staff was friendly and helpful, in the lounge and front desk as well.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Until construction is complete, I would suggest a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JKHuddy
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having tried a few hotels in the area - between Hilton Park Cities, Doubletree, Marriott Dallas and Renaissance Dallas, we chose the latter to stay in whilst my daughter was recuperating from oral surgery. As expected hotel was clean, service wonderful with only a minor hiccup at check in when we arrived close to midnight and they wanted a paper copy of the reservation. Showed them my electronic copy an hour later and they were happy with it. When I told them our neighbors were pretty noisy, they offered a change of room straightaway. Business area is small with 2 computers and a printer but they were happy to accomodate all my printing needs and even gave me a new stack of paper to use. Top marks to the dining area - friendly and knowledgable staff. They custom made pancakes at no extra charge for my younger daughter though it was not on the breakfast menu. The Asador without doubt is one of the better restaurants in Dallas and reasonable price for the high quality of food ( we had the flatron steak, roast chicken and burger) We spent most of the 2 days in the room as we had a daughter recovering from surgery and must say we enjoyed the room as it was clean, smelt clean and the housekeeping kept everything nice and tidy. Room (stayed on 16th floor) was largish with 2 double beds, a large lounge/sofa and a small area for the closet and a separate sink apart from the bathroom - it was large enough for 4 of us not to feel crowded. The hotel have a new wing for the ballroom area which is much needed I think. Overall, a really good value especially on points. Won't be happy I think when they upgrade the category of this hotel when Marriott realises how good it is!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DurianChendol
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I enjoyed this hotel.
There are currently outdoor renovations, but we had no trouble with it.
They offer free on site laundry (detergent and dryer sheets provided).
The outdoor pool area is nice.
The exercise/workout room is very clean and well appointed, with many machines from which to choose. There is fruit provided, also.
Our room was clean and comfortable (try to get city view).
There is a charge for in room WiFi, but we are used to Marriott not offering this amenity, so no big deal.
I would recommend this hotel for families and couples.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank World T
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I rated the Renaissance average based on all of my travel experiences but it is one of the nicest hotels in this particular area. The room was clean, staff friendly, on site restaurant was good and is FTT (Farm To Table) so the food was fresh. The salmon was delicious. The value for the price was really good especially in comparison to its competition.

The room was average for a Renaissance. Bed comfortable, linens nice, bathroom small and I wish there had been an in-room coffee maker. Mini fridge was convenient. View of downtown was nice, too. This hotel is very close to the Dallas Design Market, you could walk over.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Live-n-theMoment7
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Just wanted to thank you for your comments. I was delighted to hear that our staff helped you have a great stay and that you experienced our farm-to-table restaurant. Our salmon is also one of my favorite dishes on our menu!

I apologize that you were not able to find the coffee maker in your room. it is located under the sink in the bathroom. We also have a Starbucks style coffee-to-go in our restaurant where we serve top quality ILLY coffee.

We hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Warm Regards,

Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Love this hotel. Sometimes the price makes it prohibitive but have managed to get a good price several times. Beds are soooo comfortable and I really enjoy the red arm chairs. Very conveniently located to the American Airlines Center for concerts.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ngamoenga
Thank you for taking the time to review the Renaissance Dallas hotel. We are so glad your stays with us are always so enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back at a future date!

All the Best,

San Antonio,Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip here. Room was excellent. Great linens and towels. Definitely a step up! Room was very clean. Restaurant on site was fantastic! I highly recommend the grilled salmon. All staff were friendly, super helpful and accommodating. Only one minor and I do mean minor suggestion. I looked and looked for the hair dryer. Looked almost every where. Couldnt find it until I went to retrieve clothes from the closet. On my way out. There it was neatly in a bag tucked behind the iron. I would suggest it be placed somewhere more readily found. Would return to the hotel . Staff are super !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DBeachgirl12
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Your comments about your stay made me smile. We know it's the little things that make your stay more comfortable and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, our food and your room. I am sorry you did not find the hair dryer until you were ready to leave the hotel. I will definitely look at placing the hair dryer in a different place so that it will be easier for our guests to locate it!

Hope to see you again soon,