“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
rayton, mo
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I visited this hotel 01/19-22 and had the pleasure of staying at the Grand Hotel, this was my 4x to Dallas and not only was this hotel reasonable, the staff was pleasant, the room were clean and I was bumbed from a king bed to a suite which made it more enjoyable for my money. My only complaint was the other guest kept slamming doors through the night. But I have been in more expensive hotels and they are just as bad. So, I would recommend this hotel and I will stay there again when I return to Dallas soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ladydee4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

At first glance we thought we had gotten a great deal. However we quickly discovered this was not so. Our first room had a faulty lock which resulted in a room change. This was an inconvenience because we had reserved two rooms and had to be split apart a good distance. The next night we entered our restroom to discover an infestation of bugs coming through a crack in the shower and they started to overtake the restroom. They operate with only one staff member on duty. No mgr, no maintenance, etc. They offered to change our rooms, which was ended up being a choice between an empty abandoned appearing third level or a room with an adjoining door to a loud cursing neighbor fighting or blaring tv with an unclean shower with mysterious substance on the wall. When we attempted to have our hotel booking company change us to another location the mgr Kirk lied after telling his staff he would approve the cancellation and refused to do so and refused to refund our room costs. We were forced to stay in the substandard room much to our frustration. Worst experience ever!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kimonta
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

We arrived late at night and were pleasantly surprised at the condition of the room (nice) considering the price ($50). The parking lot had a few "questionable characters" in it, and would not let my wife and kids out there alone. Lobby was nice, as was desk help. Beds were a bit small, but had extra pillows, which I liked. Next morning we were awakened by what sounded like a chain saw running in the next room over. They are converting from a Quality in, and there is A LOT of work going on! Worst part was the management! There was a "gentleman", and I use that term loosely, that got very aggressive and rude with both my wife and myself. I won't go into the gory details, but would NEVER consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AlibiBarGuy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is a total sham! This hotel is NOT for single traveling females or families - beware!!! I was there from Wednesday-Sunday and heard everything you would expect to hear if you were staying at a "pay by the hour" no tell motel! There are obvious "johns" in the parking lot giving what appears to very young girls two piece outfits for the "night" the halls were very loud - doors slamming, arguing between men/women over what's "owed" I was horrified - then as if that was not bad enough they charged my credit card $100 - which took weeks to get credited back-STAY AWAY THIS IS A BAD BAD BAD PLACE!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Femalettaveler
Krik R, Manager at The Grand Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Unfortunately this a revenge posting. Items mentioned by this reviewer are false. Unfortunately this guest damaged the room she stayed in and as a result the hotel had to send her a bill for the major damages and charge her credit card $100 (as mentioned). The hotel has nightly security services every single night performing interior and exterior patrols every 15 minutes. Guests are not allowed to simply "sit" in the parking lot for extended periods of time. All suspicious activity is handled immediately by the hotel security staff and monitored 24X7 on the hotels state of the art security camera system. The hotel also has staff living onsite and available 24x7 to address any guest issues and complaints of noise. The hotel regrets incidents such as these where a guest causes damage to a room and must be billed for major damages however it is something that must be done to help keep costs down for all other/future guests.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The staff was friendly. The rooms were excellent for the price.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bear3825
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I've stayed here on 2 occasions, both times for weeks on end. Their weekly rate has saved my company some serious money.

They've been remodeling and continue to upgrade the hotel. Room has a mini fridge, microwave and free wifi. Wifi is pretty decent.

Nice pool, great staff and the location is right off the LBJ. Restaursants and fastfood are within waking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room at the back of the hotel away from the LBJ hiway.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank ChrisandHolli
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I should have known not to stay here when the receptionist told me hed give me a better rate If I slipped him a twenty which i did not do. Secondly, I asked why there were no other quests when the more expensive hotel next door was charging twice as much and had only two rooms left on a holiday weekend. Please do not stay here. It is only cheap for a reason. The lobby gives a false sense of reality. It seems classy and a bargin. After paying, I noticed immediately made a mistake. Trash was overflowing from trash cans. Smell of marijuana in the halls. Other terrible oder spread throughout the hotel and rooms. Blood and the hair on the bedsheets. Staff unfriendliest people I have ever meet at a hotel. Terrible terrible experience for someone who has frequented hostels, slept on trains and hundreds of hotels around the world. We were on a budget and decided to go next door and pay twice as much for only a nights stay. Also, I noticed the doors were not locked on the sides. Although we were not PLEASE take note if your a parent for safety reasons.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JTroadtripusa
Krik R, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
The guests who wrote this review were escorted out of the hotel for disturbing other guests. Several guests made complaints for noise disturbances. Additionally, the guests damaged property in the room. As a result, they were not given a refund and vowed to write a bad review of the hotel.

Since the hotel has been under new ownership and management we have vowed to accommodate every guest and appease any and all complaints made.