“Friendly staff & excellent service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grand Hotel Dallas

The Grand Hotel Dallas
Ranked #10 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly staff & excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights, room was cozy and clean. Had microwave, mini fridge, iron + board, coffee maker and a flat screen tv in the room, they even give you a locker in the room for your valueables. What else do you expect ?
Bed was made up every day and bathroom cleaned. I am happy, probably you would too.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Amir M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 days at The Grand and really enjoyed our time there. The room was very clean and smelled fresh, the hotel staff was friendly, and the rates were budget friendly. It is in a great location (right off of 635) and there were conveniences such as a CVS and an In and Out Burger next door. Also, there is a great Chinese buffet a little down the road! We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The only entrance to the guest rooms was through the front lobby. There were exit doors in the hallw...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anya75482
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Brought the kids on my birthday weekend trip.my husband informed the manager it was my birthday he upgraded us to a Jr.Suite for free that was so nice housekeeping was great my child ask for a extra blanket at the front desk they were very nice giving us a copy of local restaurants in the area we will beback!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank tonibates78
Garland, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Obviously they are trying to remodel. We stayed in a room that was yet to be remodeled so I got a different experience then most. My room smelled like an ashtray. Our A/C did not work enough in the middle of summer to keep our room cool. The furniture was in very poor condition with cigarette burns and the lamp had red stains that looked like blood splatter. The first night we stayed and suffered because no other rooms were available. We were moved the next day. Our door stopped working the next day. They sent a housekeeper to help and then the manager. Somebody was smoking pot in the next room while they were figuring out our door and they didn't seem to care. I was irritated that they "hold" $100 extra on your card for damages. Was so annoying. The lobby is like a nightclub with pop music playing all day and night. Okay but I'm staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tito q
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

The hotel has been remodeled, new carpet and being painted on 1/15/13. Very clean feeling overall, no bad smell. Rooms are spacious. The manager was very helpful in solving a booking discrepancy. CVS, Real burgers and Starbucks are next door, as well as La Quinta and larger hotels. As a traveling telecom contractor, I give it an easy 3-stars.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JArroyo2000
rayton, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I visited this hotel 01/19-22 and had the pleasure of staying at the Grand Hotel, this was my 4x to Dallas and not only was this hotel reasonable, the staff was pleasant, the room were clean and I was bumbed from a king bed to a suite which made it more enjoyable for my money. My only complaint was the other guest kept slamming doors through the night. But I have been in more expensive hotels and they are just as bad. So, I would recommend this hotel and I will stay there again when I return to Dallas soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ladydee4u
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

At first glance we thought we had gotten a great deal. However we quickly discovered this was not so. Our first room had a faulty lock which resulted in a room change. This was an inconvenience because we had reserved two rooms and had to be split apart a good distance. The next night we entered our restroom to discover an infestation of bugs coming through a crack in the shower and they started to overtake the restroom. They operate with only one staff member on duty. No mgr, no maintenance, etc. They offered to change our rooms, which was ended up being a choice between an empty abandoned appearing third level or a room with an adjoining door to a loud cursing neighbor fighting or blaring tv with an unclean shower with mysterious substance on the wall. When we attempted to have our hotel booking company change us to another location the mgr Kirk lied after telling his staff he would approve the cancellation and refused to do so and refused to refund our room costs. We were forced to stay in the substandard room much to our frustration. Worst experience ever!!

• Stayed January 2013