“Stay at The Grand Hotel”

The Grand Hotel Dallas
Ranked #11 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Stay at The Grand Hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This Hotel is conveniently located on LBJ just west of Central Expressway. It is an older hotel with no amities, other than a small work out area & a pool. They have no food on the premises other than vending machines. This is our second stay at The Grand, and we sought it out for our stay in Dallas for this trip due to the prices.
The staff is wonderful, helpful, and friendly. Our bed & bath were cleaned every day and was great. There was security personnel in the hall ways almost every time we were coming back in the evening & going in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 791Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'm not yet done with my stay but the people here are really nice! The rooms are pretty nice too. The only bad thing I've noticed is that the hallways are very hott and the place is so big that you could lost!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TaylerRenae
Antioch, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was short on cash for this trip, I was somewhat concerned when I booked online! I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrive Ashely checked me in, the air was on in the room, it was 95* outside. Very friendly staff. Ashley even shared some great places to eat. Good place for the price, no regrets...

Room Tip: A great place to stay on limited budget!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bishopg3
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. The rooms are of a decent size and contain all the amenities you will require. The reception were extremely friendly and asked if everything was ok more less every time we were to walk by which was pleasing. The price per night is fantastic value for being in a city, it is slighty dated in terms of decor but that is no hassle to us. The shops around are really just fast food chains but they do have in room dining. There is also a swimming pool and a mini gym at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As a first time visitor to the states who didn't want to spend to much on accomadation i found the grand hotel on bookings.com and got a bargain for 12 nights, checked reviews and got the usual good and bad (fearing the worst), but after my stay I can't fault the place, on arrival i was easily checked in and told where to go, room was clean and tidy, the bed massive! The tv has basic cable (mostly sport and news channels, but there is a movie channel which was good). The room had a air con unit which was on when i arrived which i thort was nice after coming out the 30 degree heat (I'm used to uk weather!) ... only real problem i had was i put in a room near the freeway which woke me up in the middle of the night, in the morning i asked to room move which they were happy to do but not until the next day as the hotel was full which can't be helped, next day came and i was moved to the other side of the hotel (much quieter), every time i walked past reception i was asked if i was ok again which was nice, as mentioned there is a in and out burger place next door but not mentioned is there is also a little food shop that sells the basics / alcholol and also a mc donalds and a star bucks/subway.

The hotel it self has a pool although i never used it every morning it was cleaned by the housekeeping team, which do a excellent job for the price i paid i was expecting my room to be cleaned couple of times in my stay but they wanted to do it every day (i declined this to save them time i'm not fussy about that)

There is a "gym" room but its only got a treadmill, cycle and a weight machine but for a quick health session i suppose it does, theres also vending machines with food and drink which was always filled as required, and also ice machines on each floor

If i was in dallas again i would happily stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Chris L
Singapore
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This review is based on 17 years of global travel, staying at hotels from 1 star to 5 stars.
The service at the reception is fantastic. The way the folks at the check-in treat you, you would think you're checking in at a 5-star hotel. Look out for Kristi or Michelle. They are fantastic. They were so patient with me, and treated me so well. I really appreciate the personal touch.
The location is great, at the NW corner of Coit and I-635, next to an In-and-out restaurant.
The room is nothing to shout about, but it is clean. There is a safe in my room! That is a rare feature at a budget hotel. There is also cable TV.
I came back to the hotel at 1 am and there was a security guard walking around the parking lot.
Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and will chose the hotel again the next time I am in Dallas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Backpackcolin
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I'm shocked at the negative reviews. We Stayed here a while ago....and we were absolutely shocked at how CHEAP and great the HOTEL looked! We will definitely be visiting again! The front desk reception was nice and informational. I mean I am completely shocked at how this hotel is so CHEAP!! A complete STEAL!! =)
Thanks !