“A real Dallas star”

Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Georgia
“A real Dallas star”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

From the moment I pulled up the driveway this hotel gave good vibes. The valets were all friendly, helpful, but not pushy. The reception agent (Yvonne) was courtesy, hospitable, and very professional. While I could have found my way to the appropriate corridor where my room was located I found it very polite and display of true Southern manners when she left the desk and guided me the right direction. The room itself was very comfortable and the bed was of excellent quality. Even the amenities in the bathroom were first class and in large bottles instead of teeny packages most hotels offer. Fresh flowers in the lobby and in the bathroom were also nice touches. Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I spent two perfect evenings at the Mansion in September. If there is such a thing as a perfect hotel stay, this would qualify. The concierge desk is devoted to making everything happen that you want. A cupcake on my nightstand.......ice in the ice bucket........super clean and quiet....linens that are superb.......a setting that is beyond compare for urban......any negative reviews about this place must be by some very special people........I just couldn't find fault......yest, things are expensive.......but this ain't the Hampton Inn, baby!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the parking lot. Couldn't hear a sound.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I just celebrated our first anniversary by haviing dinner and staying overnight at the Mansion on Turtle Creek. From the time we pulled into the Valet we were treated with warm hospitality. Our arrival at the front desk was friendly, professional, and efficient. We were escorted to our room and were suprised how big the room actually was. We stay at many historic hotels, and the Mansion's rooms are a treat. Not to mention, the room was impeccably clean.

We walked down to the bar to enjoy the atmosphere before dinner and ordered a couple of cocktails, both of which were classic cocktails done right. The bar had a warm feel and was busy but not crowded. Great asmophere.

Dinner was outstanding. Lobster risotto and crispy sweetbreads to start. Cooked to perfection. Second was the chef's take on shrimp cocktail. The dish was extremely fresh and the shrimp were not overcooked. For entrees my wife had the duck prepared two ways (breast and confit) and I had the grilled venison. Neither disappointed and again were cooked to perfection. Finally, save room for dessert. The pastry chef creates delicious works of art.

We couldn't have asked for a better anniversary treat, and I hope we can make it a tradition.

2 Thank brian p
NC
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed three nights for our first Parents' Weekend at SMU. Fantastic experience. Superb and friendly service. I love how the valet said "Welcome Home!" every time we came back to the hotel. Had a lovely lunch on the terrace (outstanding food) and breakfast, room service, came precisely at the 7 a.m. requested time all three mornings. I am a clock-watcher and I noticed that the rap on the door each morning was precisely at 7. Impressed! Location is great - walking in the morning is fun. Great workout facility. Pretty pool, although we did not use it. My only suggestion is that we were surprised the bathroom had no "amenities" such as a bottle of lotion or make up remover or q-tips, something that is common at all nice hotels. There were large bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the shower, something I suppose that is used from guest to guest. Staff is professional and friendly. This will be our home away from home for the next four years!

Room Tip: I was told that all rooms are the same size. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood so what side you...
2 Thank ec1234
University Park, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Just stayed three nights at this hotel. Excellent service from arrival,everybody well trained in customer service,from bellmen to housekeeping. Great location, and food quality of the highest level. The rooms were very comfortable in all aspects,except bathrooms are in urgent need of updating, all polished brass finishes and the brass is rubbed off already. Would have expected better bathrooms for five star rating. Boutiquey feel and concierge outstanding, especially mary and ashley. Definately would go back and better if bathrooms are updated. Good rates would have preferred a resort fee and free wifi like comparable properties. House car service was very helpful and bell service outstanding. More a couples or business hotel than family.
Also a coffe maker not available, this level hotel should have a nestle or keurig capsule coffee maker in hotel.

2 Thank mymannick
nyc
Reviewed 12 September 2011

the staff cannot do enough to help you - the location is perfect -service impeccable and a great stay every time

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank frequenttravelusa
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We can find only very minor faults with our recent weekend stay in Dallas. Check in with Anna could not have been better; she was friendly, appropriately conversational, and confirmed an upgrade. The valet and bellhop immediately assisted us upon our arrival and spent time orienting us to the room. Valet consistently had our car quickly available with a call. The attention to detail in the design of the property was excellent and definitely sets it apart. I greatly enjoyed the art.

On arrival, we received a welcome amenity consisting of a small 3 inch cake and a small carafe of ice tea which we split, which seemed a little meager but was appreciated.

The room was very quiet and comfortable, with a very restful design. There was LOADS of storage space. The bathroom was a little dated, but well maintained. The towels were excellent, and the shower temp and water pressure were excellent as well. The toiletries were a little too feminine in their fragrance. The bed/linens were top notch; we found ourselves taking naps during the day, which we almost never do.

Breakfast at the restaurant was very tasty, with over the top level of staffing. Pricey, but that is not surprise. Makes for a nice treat.

I look forward to returning; it will feel like visiting friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple