“Poor Decisions Being Made Upon Check-In”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #9 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff was very pleasant. However, she assigned a room to me that had to be the absolute worst available in the entire hotel. I would like to say they addressed the situation to my satisfaction, as they are a 5 star property, however I can not. Restaurant was excellent but expensive. Ambience was great as well as service throughout the hotel and restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to office and staff rooms are extremely noisy. Other rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Loves_Travel_3_2010

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We recently spent one night at this hotel and really enjoyed the experience. The hotel staff is excellent - friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The hotel's common areas are beautifully decorated. Our room was spacious, with a comfortable bed, good quality linens, and a beautiful bathroom. The only thing I found lacking was no make-up mirror - a small thing, I know, but important to me! I deduct half a star for that omission!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer H
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear kandjh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in proving exceptional service to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek and Dallas soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just visited this iconic hotel in Dallas and even though the team was very friend and went out of their way to make my stay most enjoyable, I must admit that rooms are tired. I can live with brass loosing it's color but not with an old mattress hurting my back or with a humidity smell that makes it uncomfortable to stay. Food at the restaurant is very good but tremendously expensive, specially with the variety available in Dallas, a great place for foodies.

Room Tip: I recommend rooms facing the court yard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Flyingdutchman1951,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at with us. I am pleased to learn that, for the most part, we were able to leave a positive and lasting impression during your visit. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service to ensure that your stay is a memorable one.

I hope to welcome you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I note other travellers have mentioned the rooms being 'tired'. Generally I don't share that view although I would say the bed was in need of replacement as it was a little hammock-like. But I'm willing to overlook that as everything else about the hotel was wonderful. I especially liked the free coffee in the mornings and the free cookies in the afternoon, in the foyer as you walk in. The courtesy car and driver that dropped us off at a number of spots in Dallas also marks a high quality hotel. They still charge for wifi which they should now make the leap and make free but at least it was only one charge per room not per device. The location of the Mansion is a quiet neighbourhood but easy walking distance to uptown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I liken the the Mansion to the Bel-Air Hotel in Beverly Hills. It's a fine old hotel that has seen better days but it still has that allure you don't get with the newer, swankier places. The intimate, clubby bar with its dark wood, leather and red velvet seating can be found no where else. I drank 3 superbly made Highland Parks while youngish business people crowded around the bar. It was a bit loud but there also is a open patio outside. The room I had overlooked the garden. I had asked for a patio room but we were 4 floors up. Could have been a mix up with "garden room" and "patio room". Which are only on the first floor. Was only staying the night so didn't complain. The rooms are dated but very clean. I really had no problem with the decor and the room had everything i needed. I had trouble with the hot water in room 408 initially for the tub but the shower was fine. The amenities in the bathroom were a bit lacking. Shampoo, conditioner and a horrible smelling lotion in ( I'm fairly sure) big glass containers with pumps. I only saw a shower cap. That was it. I didn't use the pool or exercise area. The rooms are quiet for the most part except when a guest leaves his room the doors really SLAM shut and all conversations in the corridors can be heard in the rooms. The service of all the employees we met was superb and would consider coming back for that alone. I did not use room service but had dinner at the restaurant. It is no longer a Dean Fearing restaurant and with him went the wonderful southwest food. Again, the service at the restaurant was outstanding. Stay away from the tasting menus and order ala carte and you should be ok, IMO.

Room Tip: If you want a patio room make sure you specify ground floor patio room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank walker-roamer
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear walker-roamer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our new Highland Park drink at the Mansion Bar. We strive to provide you with culinary excellence and warm hospitality to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable one.

I hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek and Dallas soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The room was a bit tired, the "patio" overrated and the fitness room was terrible. We also booked massages, and the spa area is not well appointed. The restaurant is lovely and the food was very good. Not sure how this is still a 5 star property.

Room Tip: I had a patio room, but it only had a wrought iron small table and chairs, so not a patio you could...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeSantis24
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear DeSantis24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive dining experience at the restaurant. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one.

I hope you will accept my apologies that the appearance of the room and the fitness center did not meet your expectations. We always try to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities and I am very disappointed that we failed on this occasion.

I hope to welcome you back, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

A lovely small hotel in a residential Dallas neighborhood. The room was large and nice with a huge bath with two sinks and both a tub and shower. There is a homemade dessert and coffee in the lobby every afternoon. A real perk is the "house car" that will transport you downtown or to dine out in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family