“A very pleasant one night stay”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“A very pleasant one night stay”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I drove and it is a little bit difficult to find the hotel. However, everything else is perfect. Extremely friendly and warm staff, greet me by name. The room is great and with a very nice view. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear SloppyJoe5:

I’m sorry it was difficult to find us. We’re fortunate to be tucked away, but it can make it challenging to find us, especially since we’re at the fork of two roads (Turtle Creek and Cedar Springs). Should you ever need help, please don’t hesitate to call us and we will happily guide you in to the property.

I’m happy to know that once you arrived we took good care of you. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here in a lovely two bedroom suite on a higher floor after a surgery in Dallas. Our thought was to stay here because it would be quiet and the food delicious. We were certainly not disappointed on the food and beverage service. It was fantastic! Everything for us was through room service because my mom was recovering. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more attentive and the food was incredible. Our rooms were beautiful, clean, well appointed, and luxurious. There was no noise from the hallway which I appreciated,however, our rooms did overlook the motor court which is called the garden view. The valets were whistling for taxis which was disruptive. But I called the concierge and they had them stop for the night which was so nice. This may be one of the most accommodating hotels I have ever stayed in and I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask to be away from the motor court and ask about the status of any neighbo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear GoValGo,

Thank you for your kind remarks about your recent stay at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I have asked the Valet team to devise a creative way to get the attention of the taxi drivers. Thank you pointing this out to us and I hope it didn't prove to be too much of an inconvenience.
We are honored that you chose to stay with us and to know that we played a small part in your recuperation.

Wishing you a happy summer,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Last weekend we went as a family to celebrate a birthday and attend the SMU graduation. My wife and I had been to the hotel several times previously but not within the last 15 years. This time we took our 21 year old son and 19 year old daughter. For us it was like coming back to an old friend. For the kids, they were blown away (hopefully they don't expect a place like this ever time). It is expensive but beautiful. Ever detail is meticulous cared for. The rooms are large and the beds very comfortable. From the waiter to the valet, I can not think of a single service complaint. The room we got had a connecting sitting area which was very nice for the kids to stay up later and watch TV. Like I said it is expensive but well worth it for special occasions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bentonwoods,

Thank you for sharing Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek with your family. It is a privilege to see generations of families staying with us. The Mansion team is like a big family and we feel that our guests are a part of our family too! We’re glad you felt at home with us and hope you will return to us soon.

Kind Regards,

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The service and attention to detail was amazing! Loved the coffee to go on our way out in the morning. Evening turndown service was nice to come back to a clean room after dinner. Shower pressure was amazingly nice. We will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Everything about this hotel exudes 5 Star Service. From the friendly valets, to the folks at check-in, you immediately feel welcome in this gorgeous hotel. The rooms are large by most hotel standards and very comfortable. On a sunny spring afternoon I loved opening up the French doors in my room which led to a little balcony. The bathroom was well sized. I found getting in and out of the shower a little awkward so be careful if you lose your balance easily. I have to say that the bath products were lovely!!!

The hotel has fresh coffee and tea service with little treats and cookies throughout the day. Their morning coffee service in the lobby is wonderful. The hotel bar has an old world cozy feel. They had live music on Saturday night which a little loud and crowded for my taste but the people watching and the drinks were first rate. The outdoor patio off the back of the hotel's restaurant that is just magical at night. It can be a little crowded so good luck finding a seat on a nice evening. The servers outside seemed a bit overwhelmed so service was slow but that didn't detract from the lovely setting.

The hotel is walking distance from just about anything you would want to do in downtown Dallas. I walked to Uptown to do a little shopping and then strolled along Turtle Creek soaking up the sun on a warm afternoon. The hotel's sister property is just up the road, also walking distance, and has some great shops and restaurants to visit as well.

Considering the price many of the trendy hotels charge for a night in Dallas, I consider the Mansion to be a steal. Their dedication to service and simple sophistication makes them Number 1 in my book.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear luxurybarginlover:

Thank you for your kind comments about Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek! We are delighted that you took full advantage of the hotel and the surrounding area. This time of year is especially beautiful and prefect for a stroll along Turtle Creek or the Katy Trail. Hands down, our pastry chef Nicolas Blouin makes the best cookies and desserts in town. He was recently named Best Pastry Chef in Dallas by Dallas Culture Map. The Bar was also recognized as the Best Bar in Dallas, while Michael Flynn, was nominated in the Best Sommelier category. We’re very proud of our team and happy that you agree. We will take a look at the patio staffing as we do not want to keep anyone waiting, so thank you for your very constructive feedback. We truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Paid top dollar for room and found out the public areas of hotel were closed because of a private party. Should have told us at booking. We travel the world and stay at many 5 star hotels. I would strongly discourage anyone from staying at this place unless the hotel provides full disclosure. My self I will never stay here again and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank ScottsdaleBilly
Dear ScottdaleBilly:

Thank you for your comments. For the past eight years the hotel has been a partner with TACA (The Arts Community Alliance) of Dallas and plays host to one of their largest fundraisers of the year, “TACA - Party on the Green.” In 2014, TACA will award over $1.4 million to local performing arts organizations and we are honored to play a part. It is the one time that the hotel closes the main entrance of the hotel and diverts arriving guests through an alternate entrance.

We make every attempt to contact all guests prior to arrival to inform them of the event. I am disappointed we were unable to reach you in advance of your arrival and hope you will accept my apologies for the inconvenience we caused. We hope to welcome you back to the Mansion someday. Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of service in any way.

Respectfully,

Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my second stay at the Mansion (for business) and it was a bit daunting. I booked an Executive Suite, which was the most confortable of the three rooms I stayed in during my three day stay (you’ll have to read on). Old buildings have issues and this one had problems with water, meaning there wasn’t any in each of the rooms over my stay. When the water went down in the Executive Suite, I moved to a Terrance Suite, but no water there either as I discovered as I was ready to shower. The next move was to a Master Suite, which is where I completed my stay, but it too had the water turned off for several hours one day. Having now been in all of them and sleeping in two, I would recommend the Executive Suites as the most comfortable (unless you need to entertain 20 of your closest friends.) Had it had water, it would have been quite nice.

A large group dined in the restaurant, and I did not have the outstanding culinary experience so many talk of – perhaps it was because it was a Monday night. The rigid nature of the menu (you are told all in your party have to order a particular menu style – no exceptions) makes you feel as if you were scolded instead of taken care of. Room service was attentive and prompt.

The pool deck is pleasant enough but it lacked routine care (you had to clean off your own lounge) and just like the Crescent, outside service is virtually non-existent, making it less than relaxing.

The Hotel management was certainly challenged with the water issue and possibly that is why other things were overlooked. And, I had to do too much work to trundle about between rooms while on a tight schedule. Travel at a property like the Mansion is supposed to be about the absence of problems, and if they unfortunately occur, management’s response is important – do you have to fight or do they offer to take care of you?

The answer is a bit of both, but importantly, when I filled out the online survey and expressed disappointment with my stay, the manager personally called me to discuss matters, for which I am grateful. So, maybe there is yet hope to attention to detail (and even lack of problems) at the Mansion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mardenco
Dear Mardenco:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our on-line surveys. We truly appreciate your feedback and your ability to see past our unfortunate circumstances with a glimmer of hope!

A failed valve required us to perform an emergency water shutdown without much notice. Thankfully, the water was restored to your suite shortly after you called us. I apologize we did not inform you prior to the shutdown, but due to the nature of the emergency time was of the essence and we were unable to contact all our guests.

Our master suite is over 1300 square feet and features a full kitchen, dining room and living room. For your short visit I can understand how you felt lost in all that space. Like you, I prefer the Executive Suites when I am traveling alone as it is very cozy and the canopy bed gives the suite a special charm. I have noted your preference in your personal profile and we will steer away from the larger suites on your future visits.

Thank you for sharing with us that you enjoyed your Room Service meal and the pool deck. I will pass along your kind remarks to the team. As well, I will discuss your remarks with our Executive Chef and Pool Service team about the menu and service at the pool. The Restaurant Menu offers four Chef’s tasting menus along with an à la carte option. The pool area offers food & beverage service through room service off season and a pool attendant is stationed daily during the summer.

Again, thank you for your time. We appreciate that you care enough about the Mansion to share your helpful comments with us. We look forward to your next visit, hopefully soon.

Kind regards,