“A quiet spot in the heart of Dallas”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Midland, Texas
“A quiet spot in the heart of Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Mansion is a lovely luxury hotel located minutes from downtown Dallas. It is a place where superb service is still standard. Our room (416) was very nice, though not the nicest I have had. It was about twice as large as a standard hotel room, however the bathroom was comparatively tiny and impossible for two people to occupy at once. The closet was spacious, but not overly so for an extended stay. The bed and linens were very nice but the mattress was too soft for my back. I could not have survived a fourth night in that bed! I will request a firm mattress for my next stay! This is a very nice hotel, but for the price it could be improved.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably have less street noise, but even our room on the fourth floor overlooking the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel puts the pleasure back into traveling. It is well located just off the Katy trail, the rooms are exceedingly comfortable, and mostly the staff is exceptional, every one of them doing their best to make your stay comfortable and easy. The pool is small but well designed and staffed. The mansion restaurant is very good, but extremely pricey, and an alternative option for dining at the hotel would be nice. Extremely well managed hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
West Orange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Mansion May 29, 30 and 31 while visiting with my niece and nephew.
I booked this stay with my travel agent -Virtuoso/Pisa Brothers-and was very happy to hear upon check in that I was upgraded to a wonderful one bedroom suite , which included a powder room , kitchen, living room and dining area with piano.
The room -706 was beautiful and the bathrooms luxurious. Bathroom products were also quite lovely.
Room service was punctual and accurate and the food was quite good, admittedly all I had was breakfast every day and lunch once.
The staff was friendly, helpful and worked hard to remember my name. They will provide car service within five miles of the hotel and that was very helpful to me.
We dined at the Mansion on THursday evening -last minute and they easily accomodated us. I assume this might not be the case on a weekend. The food was delicious and the wait staff quite attentive.
The hotel arranged for airport transfers (limo service) for me and I appreciated that help. The conciege staff was more than willing to email me prior to my arrival to arrange any other services that I might need.
I admit that I had one problem, which was with my bill , which I did not review until I arrived home that last night. There was a minor question about room service breakfast charges which I never did resolve after three separate phone calls and I just gave up as the amount was under $100.
If you are planning a trip to Dallas, there is no doubt that you should plan to stay at the Mansion. Having stayed at the other big hotel in Dallas last year, without a doubt I suggest that you stay at the Mansion. The rooms are nicer, the amenities are nicer and the service and atmosphere is far superior.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 706 it was fabulous.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Alice H,

Thank you for choosing Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek for your family getaway. I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed the accommodations, amenities and service. Megan Incrocci, our Front Office Manager was able to assist you with your questions concerning the breakfast charges. I hope you were satisfied with the resolution, but please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I may assist further. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

From check in till check out it could not have been better. Service, Decor, Food, Room all was a home run. You owe it to yourself to treat yourself to the best when in Dallas, could be one of best in World.

Room Tip: Three friends had different rooms they all are fresh, large, well decorated quality all the way.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear James G,

Thank you for the great endorsement! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek and hope to see you again soon!

Mcallen, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

stayed here the night on a weekend that we decided to go see the dallas mavericks versus the heat. Clean hotel awesome staff they go out of their way to make you feel welcome being the first rosewood hotel we stayed at left a good impression on us and in the future we looked for other rosewood hotels...like rosewood mayakoba

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Speakertown:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek during your recent visit to Dallas. It’s too bad the Mavs didn’t make it all the way, but we’re happy to see the Spurs in the finals! You can’t go wrong with our sister property, Rosewood Mayakoba, it is a spectacular property. Please let me know if I can help you with reservations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I drove and it is a little bit difficult to find the hotel. However, everything else is perfect. Extremely friendly and warm staff, greet me by name. The room is great and with a very nice view. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear SloppyJoe5:

I’m sorry it was difficult to find us. We’re fortunate to be tucked away, but it can make it challenging to find us, especially since we’re at the fork of two roads (Turtle Creek and Cedar Springs). Should you ever need help, please don’t hesitate to call us and we will happily guide you in to the property.

I’m happy to know that once you arrived we took good care of you. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here in a lovely two bedroom suite on a higher floor after a surgery in Dallas. Our thought was to stay here because it would be quiet and the food delicious. We were certainly not disappointed on the food and beverage service. It was fantastic! Everything for us was through room service because my mom was recovering. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more attentive and the food was incredible. Our rooms were beautiful, clean, well appointed, and luxurious. There was no noise from the hallway which I appreciated,however, our rooms did overlook the motor court which is called the garden view. The valets were whistling for taxis which was disruptive. But I called the concierge and they had them stop for the night which was so nice. This may be one of the most accommodating hotels I have ever stayed in and I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask to be away from the motor court and ask about the status of any neighbo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear GoValGo,

Thank you for your kind remarks about your recent stay at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I have asked the Valet team to devise a creative way to get the attention of the taxi drivers. Thank you pointing this out to us and I hope it didn't prove to be too much of an inconvenience.
We are honored that you chose to stay with us and to know that we played a small part in your recuperation.

Wishing you a happy summer,