“Bathroom sink and shower/tub leaking”

Warwick Melrose - Dallas
Ranked #12 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Cozy and clean little room (#516) but the lavatory sink hot water leaking as well as the shower/tub faucet. Staying only 1night pointless to be bothered by repair if reported while staying. Will report at checkout. Turned off hot line in sink for now.
Rb Torres [--]

• Stayed: January 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Our group had a wonderful stay at Melrose Hotel New Years eve where the accomodations and service were unbeleivable. Every business could learn from this staff how to pamper customers with their friendly and accomdating personalities. I would recommend to any of my friends or business associates.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was an elegant surprise, as we were looking fora hotel near our son and daughter-in-law's condominium. It was especially nice for my 89-year-old mother-in-law traveling with us. She doesn't want to ask for special treatment, No ADA room was available, but they were able to discreetly put a shower seat in the tub for her.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I had my wedding reception at the Warwick Melrose. The staff there are the most hard working, attentive, and happy people you will ever encounter at a hotel. The true star at the Warwick Melrose is Bethany B., the wedding coordinator. Because of her careful planning and wise counsel, I had countless guests tell me that our wedding was one of the most beautiful and most fun they'd ever been to. Thank you, Bethany and all the staff at the Warwick Melrose!
P.S. The food was incredible too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This is an older hotel that has been renovated well. It still has a classic look and feel. My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid-October as part of a block of rooms reserved for a wedding. We were given a discounted rate because of the wedding. The service and attention to detail was very good. Our room was spacious and included a king-sized bed, sitting area, desk and good-sized bathroom. We had drinks at the bar in the lobby and that was great too. Parking is limited and I would recommend using the valet service because parking on a nearby street would be difficult. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Classic King which was very spacious for 2 people. See my pictures. Sorry, I forg...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stayed here recently for work purposes prior to a national exam which is hosted in Dallas and had a very mixed experience. Apparently, the Warwick has been the hotel which hosts all exam candidates for 7+ years, which is why I was a bit surprised that they booked a deafening holiday party in the hotel for the same night prior to my exam. While I can't speak for the rest of the 60+ nervous examinees scheduled the next day with me, I really didn't gain confidence the night before my big exam from the Black Eyed Peas being pumped at full volume from 6 floors below and the reverberations of the bass into the courtyard. I could hear the DJ word for word despite turning on the AC and putting in ear plugs. When I called the desk, I was told that due to the contract signed with the party group, no control could be exerted on the volume and that I would just have to "tough it out." I was also told that there were no other rooms available in the hotel to which I could be moved to try to get some peace and quiet. I was livid.
Despite the lack of a restful night, my exam the next day went fine. Upon check out, I complained again about the combination of a raucous party the night prior to the exam and the manager was very apologetic - to the degree that he comped my room charge in an attempt to make up for the inconvenience. He saved this review from being a 1 star by doing so.
Otherwise, the hotel is quite stylish, rooms (I had a King Supreme) spacious and well appointed - the fitness room leaves a lot to be desired - however, the hotel contracts with a huge gym across the street for which they offer $10 day passes. Room service is just above mediocre (unfortunately the hotel restaurant was closed while I was there)
All I really needed the night before my exam was a quiet night. I'm still a little flummoxed that the hotel is the host for a huge national exam which likely brings them 2,000+ guests each winter, and yet they were so greedy and short sighted to contract out for a huge party the night before an exam day and which was destined to disturb all of the candidates.

Room Tip: If you need a good night sleep, choose an odd numbered room facing away from the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank SDHapahaole
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Even for those used to staying in hip, designer boutique hotels, the understated, traditional charm of the Melrose is refreshing. Providing the feel of a classic European grand dame hotel, the Melrose offers a welcoming lobby, unusually large, well appointed guest rooms, and a location in in the appealing Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn neighborhood, equally close to Park Cities posh, Dallas' world class Arts District, the many restaurants of a newly vibrant downtown and midtown, and a lively gay bar scene. The hotel itself houses the cozy, buzzy Library Bar, along with a white-table cloth restaurant where large sunny windows attract a power breakfast crowd. On top of all this, the hotel is an unusually good value, with frequent internet specials. The downside is the bathrooms which could stand some updating. Another odd deficiency is the fact that the hotel has no news stand, and in order to obtain a paper other than USA Today, a guest has to walk to a nearby drug store. Despite it all, on my frequent trips to Dallas I never stay anywhere other than the Melrose. It's like visiting the comfortably frayed apartment of a rather proper, stylish aunt, who happens to be surrounded by all the best that Dallas has to offer.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the tented terrace, where the occasional party noise is intrusive.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo