“Great Dallas Hotel - North of City”

Ranked #6 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Unique location - attached to large mall. Other reviews are accurate, hotel has everything except fine dinning and a bar (they do have a small bar and small dinning on the second floor).
However, the mall has numerous places to eat and some have a small attached bar. The pool area is beautiful if the weather is nice. Would definitely stay here again! Regarding parking, you can pay for valet parking, or park in the open mall spots directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtney V, Marketing & Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Hi carrotop,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I apologize the restaurant you tried was not quite as formal as you desired. However, for your next stay with us, you should try our other excellent 5-star restaurant in the lobby of our hotel called The Oceanaire Seafood Room, which I'm sure will please you with their delectable cuisine and upscale, refreshing atmosphere. I am glad you were able to enjoy the scenic pool views and close proximity to the Galleria Dallas. We look forward to having you back with us again!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Galleria Dallas

998 - 1,004 of 1,217 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and the new decor is quite contemporary. I had a king bedroom. It was very spacious. In fact, I think they could have used a bit more furniture. I like the decor, and the bathroom/shower was very nice. Desk was very spacious. Coffemaker was good too. They have gotten rid of the minibar and instead offer some sort of room service. I didn't use it; I wish there was just a minibar like in most hotels. Being connected to the mall is a great plus. It's a very nice mall, with a lot of dining options. The Oceanaire is a chain, but a nice one. I was here on business, and from that standpoint the hotel is OK, but quite honestly I would be just as happy being in the Hyatt DFW and not having to travel back and forth. But if you are planning to visit Dallas for fun, this is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Courtney V, Marketing & Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Hi Frequentflyer666,

Thank you for your review of the contemporary and spacious decor throughout the hotel and inside your guest room. I am glad you were also able to enjoy the The Oceanaire, which is a delectable choice for your dining experience. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Great location. Very quiet. We expected the hotel to be on the noisy side since we were staying at the Galleria. We had a very quiet, restful stay. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and they went out of their way to get us the rooms we wanted. Would love to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2012

Hi SondraTexas,

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a restful stay during your time with The Westin Galleria Dallas, and I am very pleased that our superior staff was able to accommodate your rooming requests. We are so pleased that the upgraded glazed windows continue to perform as expected by cutting out the “noisy side.” Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We have taken four to six trips to Dallas per year for twenty years and stayed at many of the nicest hotels and this is the hotel we stay at the most. It has the excellence you expect from the best Westins and location is great. We are gold starwood members and have always received and upgrade except the few times they were sold out. It is extremely convenient to shop at the Galleria Mall (I think one of the best in the country), and lots of great restaurants are nearby. We can chose to stay anywhere and this is our best choice in Dallas.

Room Tip: We have always found the rooms on all floors and both sides to be excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Hi OKCityJohn,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your experiences with us. It is so lovely to hear from our most loyal guests. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is one of my favorite Westin Hotels and attached to a top end mall, perfect. Just 20-30 mn from the airport the location was great. I was in an executive level room with a balcony overlooking the city - flat but great. Newly renovated so the rooms are great and large bathrooms.

Room Tip: Executive level with lounge is great
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RevenueManager78

Hi RevenueManager78,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of our prime location in DFW within the Galleria Dallas as well as our high end amenities and decor. Come back and see us on your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had to write a glowing review about this hotel....we enjoyed our stay so much! The pool was closed for maintenance and the usual rooms only have walk in shower so I called the morning of to see if I could upgrade and who ever the lady I thank her so much because she gave us a corner suite on 21st floor because it had a garden tub to soak since we could not do pool in hotel. Oh the room was so great we loved it! Also, there was a continental breakfast which was cool, but since they already have scrambled eggs I just feel like they should go ahead and add a meat option and the breakfast would be great....also evening time wine and snacks were great as well. You didn't even have to walk outside to go to mall or restaurants in mall if you wanted to eat or shop which was also awesome since parking at galleria without valet can be bad. Great experience...my new favorite hotel in Dallas when visiting!

Room Tip: 21st floor rooms have great view and the same floor where continental breakfast and evening snack is...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtney V, Marketing & Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Hi LovelyL1946,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and that we were able to accommodate your upgrade. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

When I called to provide my gold spg number I was told that they don't do any thing for gold members as they have too many platniums. Ok... Anyways. Room was nice, typical westin though would say the heavenly bed was the worst one I have slept in. There for a conference and other than the mall there is really nothing near. I would have rather stayed in the city and drove in for the conference. Being stuck at a mall for days was brutal. Refuse to to stay on the freeway side whatever you do. You will be right on top of it and being near the top floor will do nothing to mute it. Bring a sound machine as it goes all night and is very noticeable. Very bad insulation.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nightro

Hi Nightro,

I apologize your stay recent stay with us was less than you expected. We take great pride in being the hotel of choice for our top Starwood Preferred Guests, including Gold Members. Thank you for bringing to our attention the noise factor, albeit surprising with our high performance glazed windows that we installed in our 2009 renovation. We will look into how we can further minimize the disruption regardless of the placement of the room relative to the Tollway.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.