“DFW Closed due to tornado warnings!”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #87 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Blue Springs, Missouri
“DFW Closed due to tornado warnings!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were due to fly back to Kansas City that afternoon but the weather had different thoughts. We scrambled to get a room at our favorite H.I. in the Galleria area but they were booked up. Our travel agency found this one. It was only 3 miles from our facility which at 5 PM was 20 minutes in travel time.
We were recognized as platinum members but we were not offered an upgrade. Frankly, at the time of this review, I do not know if they have suites.

The room was a double bed. Very modern and updated. Had plenty of outlets for us business types with all our hook ups. Of course the regular stuff. Free wifi, fridge, flat screen HDTV,

I was on the 4th floor and you can see Interstate 35 from the window but the noise was minimal.

The neighborhood I can not comment on as I have not "hung" out in this vicinity.

All in all if I was unable to go to my "fav" hotel in Dallas, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the fourth floor. Seems to be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Woodrow W
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at such a difficult time. I hope we are able to host your stay again soon.
Callan Hamann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn for business. I'm calling this review heartbreak hotel because it represented a step down from previous HHs I've stayed at in the past. What made the hotel a heartbreak was its dismal state. It seems to have been worn down by many visitors. The rug in my room was frayed, there was a pervasive smell in the hallway and the room, and the ice machine on my floor was continuously broken my entire stay. I didn't use the hotel restaurant, but I did use the fitness room It has adequate facilities. I say adequate because some of the equipment was broken (tv on treadmill and at least one of the treadclimers, tread on treadmill loose). I'm glad they had something to help me unwind at the end of a busy day anyway.

The biggest area in need of improvement is housekeeping. When I checked in, my bath and bedding was covered with random hairs. I left a note for housekeeping requesting linen changes and they took care of the problem the next day. On the third day of my stay, I noticed gum on the carpet just outside one of the elevators on my floor. After many hours of it not being addressed, I went down to the front desk to report it. Next morning, the gum was still there, but most of it removed by late afternoon. Unfortunately, remnants of the gum remained until I departed two days later. Throughout my stay, dishes left outside rooms after room service stayed in the hallway for many hours and sometimes overnight.

Despite some of the negatives, this hotel did brisk business. From entry until exit, the staff was always gracious, helpful, and in good spirits. They made staying at the hotel a joy. The hotel is near a medical complex, a trade center, and off a major highway and near public transportation (the train ran right by my room); a good location. The clientele were varied. There are few restaurants in the area, but a bit of variety (diner, sushi, Italian, fast food) within a one-mile radius.

Despite some of things that need improvement, this hotel was a pleasant place to stay because of the atmosphere if nothing else.You can tell when people are really trying to do their best and that's what the hotel staff represented above all.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the train line, in the middle of the floor, high up and hope for the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Crecia
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate the feedback because it always helps us to improve the next stay. We are also very proud of our customer service, as you suggested. Please come to stay with us again. We strive to be a great hotel guests love.
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

One of the best stays ever. We travel a great deal, this was almost like being home.
Chef Ray created some of the best food, was extremely satisfied. Usually we dine at different locations each night, the food was so good we had dinner at the hotel the entire week of our stay, it is that good.
My wife can't eat things like butter, salt and a few other items most enjoy, Chef Ray made plates that were not only something my wife could enjoy but were healthy for her. Chef Ray the next time we are in Dallas we will be staying here again, thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, it was perfect
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn on a crew layover. Nice hotel, very modern, really big, well decorated rooms. Flat screen tvs. Staff was nice. Room service woman was really awesome. I wish I could remember her name because she deserves kudos. Only downside is if you are on a layover without a car there isn't much nearby to do. But for anyone with transportation, great hotel, great price, great location, great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like. Staff is very receptive to helping you get what you want.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lindsey b
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your stay and review. The hotel shuttle does offer transportation within a 3 mile radius at appointed times which includes the West Village (for shopping, dining and a movie) and Victory Park (American Airlines Center, House of Blues, and some boutique shopping). Of course downtown is included in our radius with the original Neiman Marcus. If you want to really take shopping to the next level, try taking the red line Dart Light Rail to North Park Center (largest mall in North Texas).
GM
Kaufman, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed here rather than drive into Dallas for a Dr appointment @ UT Southwestern Medical center. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shuttle driver brought me right to the building I need to be for my appointment. (UT Southwestern is SPRAWLING) I was Very pleased with my stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
tx
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here 1 night for a seminar in the area. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, flat panel tv with a good selection of channels, great water pressure in the shower - room was very clean. My only complaint is our inability to adjust the room temperature to our liking. The thermostat doesn't have a/c or heat, you can only adjust the temperature up or down. We could get all the hot/warm air we wanted, but we thought the room was too hot and stuffy - we finally just turned it off and the room cooled down eventually.
Overall a good choice for the area and I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. And we are close and convenient to Market Hall, World Trade Center and the InfoMart. As a quick tip, make sure you try the Original Market Diner next time you are in town. The meatloaf is very popular.
We recently made the switch to the new thermostats. They are a little different than an in home thermostat, but the advantage is during the Spring and Fall. The units will be able to switch between heating and cooling without the guest needing to make the switch on the unit. Long term we believe the benefit to our guest will be a strong positive.
GM
Snowflake, Arizona
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. They truly went out of their way to help you. I will definetly be back and recommend you try them too.

• Stayed January 2012