“Staff”

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #82 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife had a stroke and I had to fly to Dallas and stay at this hotel while she was in the hospital for over three weeks. The staff was outstanding the entire time. They really helped me many times get to the hospital and take care of me because of my unique circumstances. I truly could have not asked for better service than the drivers of the shuttle, the front desk, the housekeepers and the restaurant workers. We recently returned after 6 weeks for follow up testing and the staff all remembered me, asked about my wife and me. It was the same great service but it was like going back and seeing family instead of staying at a hotel. I want to especially compliment the shuttle drivers because they were a blessing to me. They encouraged me when I initially arrived and did not know if my wife would even pull through; they comforted me, encouraged me, and even told me they were keeping us in their prayers. Then Dave in the Restaurant was very special. He always had a smile on his face and he was so nice and kind. He really looked like he enjoyed his job so much. Made my stay so enjoyable and I will always stay there in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TC S
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the encouragement you have provided to us. We hope your wife continues to improve. You are always welcome and we hope you return to enjoy the rest Dallas has to offer. I will pass your compliments on to all of our staff members.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family recently stayed here while my wife attend some meetings at UT Southwestern Medical Center nearby. Overall our stay was a good one at this hotel, and the front desk staff were top notch. We were first put in a corner room of the hotel which turned out to be much smaller version of a standard room, and we were moved to a bigger room without problem. Really the one negative thing about the hotel is the restaurant and breakfast buffet. The buffet is not good at all (eggs are runny and the food overall is not good). We asked for a breakfast menu but we were told that the buffet was the only option. My advice is to walk across the street from the hotel to the Original Market Diner. It was with no doubt the best breakfast I have eaten in a long while. They also offer lunch and dinner if you want to avoid the hotel restaurant. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel! Thank you to the hotel staff for all of your hard work!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,
I am glad you had a good stay. Although I truly appreciate your compliments; we will be addressing the challenges with the breakfast you had mentioned. I thank you for your feedback and hope you will try our breakfast again in the future. Our goal is for you to enjoy all our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Two colleagues and I stayed here for three nights while exhibitors at a national convention. The initial impression in the lobby is one of a higher-priced hotel chain; my room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. All the electronics worked perfectly. The staff went far beyond the norm in being helpful, observant, and wanting to insure that our stay was exceptional, even to the point that the bartender remembered what I'd ordered three nights previously. The next time I'm in Dallas, whether it's business or pleasure, this is where I'll be. The diner next door is a little gem -- great food, friendly and excellent service, and reasonably priced. Don't know that you can ask for much more...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Guest,
I and my staff appreciate your compliments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is a really old property that I had not stayed at in years. The Holiday Inn remodel truly did wonders on this place. You can still tell is an old building, just don't look too close. Everything is updated, all amenities were as expected. Television and internet worked great. I was upgraded to a King Suite that really was 2 rooms and included a dated kitchenette with microwave & small fridge. Trains were not a problem, but I was on the top floor. The restaurant is more of a bar at night, though the food did look tasty. The Market Diner across the street is a Dallas institution with great breakfast, blue plate specials, and homemade pies. Shuttle available for short trips. Managers receptions on Tuesday evening.

1  Thank luckyokguy
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate getting to host your stay. We are only 1.5 miles from Downtown and we have since been designated a quiet zone. Trains are no longer required to blow their horns while passing. I completely agree about the Original Market Diner across the street. Please come to stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel is older yet very clean and staff is superb. As a Platinum member of IHG I received a complimentary upgrade. I was visiting for work. I on many occasions I asked for assistance from the front desk. Everytime I received excellent answers and top notch service. Its nice when you are treated like a guest and not a bother when traveling. Great price and 20 min from Downtown Dallas. Free shuttle bus helped get me to local areas around Dallas. I enjoyed my stay and will come back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank GeniusTravelers

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to host your next stay as well.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Just spent 5 nights at this hotel. It was exactly what we needed. Very spacious and most of all clean and comfy. The kitchenette was a little outdated but we only used it to make coffee in the morning. Staff were very friendly.Definetly would come back to this hotel.Check out the diner next door as well for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for trusting us to host your girl's weekend. The Original Market Diner next door is great. But I have say our omelets are pretty fantastic. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I recently stayed at the Dallas Market Center hotel for business. Everyone on the staff there was exceptionally helpful, friendly and kind. Of note are the shuttle drivers, Jalan, a young man and Demmelash Debebe. I believe the bartender's name was Miguel who was also very kind and attentive to serving well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Guest,
We really do appreciate your encouragement especially for the staff members mentioned. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Dallas.