“Great hotel, art is wonderful!”
Review of Hilton Anatole

Hilton Anatole
Ranked #34 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Homer, Georgia
“Great hotel, art is wonderful!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for a company leadership conference. I arrived the day before the conference and got to the hotel around 5 pm from DFW. Once I went to my room, got settled, and relaxed for a little while I changed clothes and wandered around the hotel grounds for about 90 minutes taking close to 100 pictures of the artwork. Mostly they are sculptures and pieces of art from China and Japan, and many have dates on them from as far back as the 1500s and 1600s.

My room was functional, large, and comfortable. Nothing really fancy but it sufficed for my purposes of staying the night before checking out at 7 am on the TV to head downstairs to my conference. The bed was comfortable and I fell asleep quickly. The bellmen were very accommodating (both AM and PM shifts) in storing bags for a great majority of the 1300 attendees of my all day conference.

I knew in advance that the food was expensive, even for being on an expense account, and so I walked about 3/10 of a mile down the street to Denny's for dinner. The neighborhood was safe.

As far as conference food, the Hilton catering department did a pretty good job. Continental breakfast consisted of more than just danishes, toast, and coffee. There was oatmeal, smoked salmon, various fruit, bagels, and more. Our lunch was delicious! Had beef medallions in gravy that were simply great. I wanted more than just two, and probably could have gotten more, but didn't want to appear to take advantage of our company paid meals. The snacks at breaks was different each time we came out of the conference ballroom and I would imagine the catering staff tore down one set of snacks to start the next set as soon as we were locked back into the ballroom, with as much food as there was each time.

My wife and I are going to fly back to DFW soon so that she can see the artwork in person. We'll probably stay at a cheaper hotel around the Hilton and walk to it, as the room prices are too rich for me.

The one con I found was the lack of adequate transportation options in the neighborhood. No DART light rail stations or bus stops around that I could see so unless you rent a car you're kind of stuck once you take SuperShuttle or a cab from either DFW airport or Love Field.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the various amenities, artwork and food. We hope you are able to return soon to see more of the artwork and we can certainly assist in arranging additional transportation if needed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 22 June 2014

overall was very good, only a few problems. Remodeling was started at 9:00AM on a Saturday, in the room and floor above us. Pool bartenders lack customer service skills and were rude. Front Desk and Breakfast Staff were outstanding. We had a company event in one of the Ballrooms, it was freezing.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we will be sharing your comments with our various departments so that we can improve our service and amenity levels. We hope to have you back very soon!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I attended a meeting and breakfast event with my colleague. We were expecting a great experience based on other reviews and reputation. The room was set with nice decor, and the audio visual presentation went fine. The food presentation was lacking. The meal tasted better than it looked. The service was horrible. Our servers did not know the first thing about etiquette with serving and being polite. From pushing back on our chairs to grab items off the table, to in- appropriately reaching over us to set or remove dinnerware, to talking loudly next to our table while the presentation was in full swing, it was aweful. It just wasn't one time, it was through the entire meal. I thought about getting up each time the server came by just to give him clear access to the table as I was obviously in his way for getting his job done. What a horrible first time experience.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear your experience was not enjoyable. We work hard to present excellent service in all our departments and have already shared your comments so that we may improve. We hope you will be able to give us another chance on your next venture to the downtown Dallas area.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Huge nice hotel. Great food and bars. Didnt check out pool or workout facilities but great over all experience. Very helpful staff. Clean room with bumping a/c. Great place for a business meeting or conference.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconveniences you've mentioned. We have shared your comments with our teams to help improve our service. We hope you will stay with us again!
West End, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was given to a man's wife as an anniversary gift! crazy, huh? and the place is filled with her incredible Asian art collection.
The rooms were quite nice. The beds,were divine..wish I could have taken one home with me.
The food was wonderful but expensive...just a heads up....
The only bad thing to say was that one afternoon while I was attending an event in one of the ballrooms, my husband stayed behind to take a nap. Twice while he was in there, one of the housekeeping staff walked into the room! They did not even knock. The room had already been cleaned...so who knows why she came into the room. We called the front desk to report the intrusion. They notified their security. not fun......

Room Tip: we were on the 10th floor. very nice. store your valuables!!!
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We take great pride in providing excellent service and amenities. Your security concerns have been addressed as well. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

amazing staff, made me feel special from the very first minute, always pro active and willing to make my stay unforgettable. great facilities, warm welcoming at the lounge! great location in town, easy access and huge parking facility!

1 Thank olivier c
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back very soon!
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended A-Kon 25 at this hotel. I did not stay here but I will be staying here next year for A-kon. We did eat here and the food was excellent, especially for convention food. I was surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel considering there were hundreds of people wandering around. You could not go but a few feet without running into hotel staff cleaning up. The common restrooms were very clean as were most of the other common areas. Trash was emptied in the eating areas frequently, I never went to a trash can that was full. Overall, this was a great place for a convention and I am sorry I was not staying here. I will next year. One downside, parking cost is very high and as I understand it, hotel guests also pay high parking cost and also pay for internet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lyn T
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you at next year's A-Kon. Thank you!