“Amazing staff and wonderful Town”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field
Ranked #42 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing staff and wonderful Town”
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This is a very nice hotel, with a wonderful group of staff and the views are amazing along with the breakfast and the area this hotel is around. I was in town to site see and this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephens60
sortiz111, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our hotel and our staff, and it is good to know that we meet your expectations; we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Sergio Ortiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Plainview
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed 2 nights during spring break and my biggest thing is customer service...when we arrived the lady at the front counter was not at all kind...I have stayed at other Embassy Suites and this one was by far my least favorite....we actually left and went to stay at the one in Grapevine! They had security walking around, which I completly understand but for that security guard to approach me and my children at the pool to ask if those were my kids was offending....we were not disturbing nor bothering anyone for that matter....I would only suggest staying at another one....I love Embassy Suites and will continue staying loyal to them but I will NOT ever return to this one....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mjb2401
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the way that our third party security company approached you and your family. I can understand why you would be offended. I assure you that we will work with them to be sure that they represent us as well as our own hotel employees. It is a very good point and we appreaciate knowing about it. I can only hope that you give us another opportunity to regain your trust and confidence. Please contact me next time that you are in Dallas. Again, many thanks and kind regards,

Sergio Ortiz
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I thought this hotel was great-close to many fun places to go, close to the airport, and a comfortable bed with nice linens! Parking is all in front and very accessible, and the staff was very friendly. Also, this hotel is kid friendly, however, we never heard any disturbances and the room was quiet and comfortable. This Embassy Suites also has a little snack hour around 6:00 p.m. which is nice too.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Eroni
ThysJones, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My wife, daughter (age 7), and I came to Dallas for a leisure/educational spring break. Principally, we planed to visit the Arboretum, the Dallas Museum of Art (including Nasher), the World Aquarium, and the Dallas Zoo. I wanted nice amenities, safety, and a central location, all within a reasonable price range. This Embassy Suite fit my needs exceptionally well. When you factored in the fact that you don't have to pay for valet parking (like alot of hotels in downtown Dallas), and you get a quality breakfast (cooked to order, not a cold cereal / danish bar) the quality vs economy was very well balanced. The room was spacious, with two TV's, so my wife could watch the season final of The Bachelor in the sitting room, while my daughter watched Nickelodeon in the bedroom. The mini frig. and microwave were a plus, as was the indoor pool. And while I could actually look out our bedroom window and watch departing jet traffic from Dallas Love Field, I found our room exceptionaly quiet. I found the staff to be engaging, the facilities to be pleasing, and the room accommodating. I have stayed at Hotels in Dallas before, only $30.00 to $40.00 dollars cheaper per night , where you were not certain your car was still going to be there in the morning. When you factor in the cost of a comparable breakfast for two adults and one child at a IHOP, your net gain of staying at a cheap hotel is near zero. My family and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Both my husband and I were lecturing in Dallas, and found the location excellent, the service excellent and the room comfortable. We particularly liked the pool, open late for post-lecture debriefing and relaxing.. My only complaints are the lack of free high speed internet and a round-the-clock coffee pot, a feature you get in the Hamptons.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Our trip was for a little weekend getaway in Dallas. We stayed here for 3 nights. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing a hotel, and I was not disappointed. It is located in a good area of town, I would feel safe taking a walk around the area of the hotel. We parked in the parking garage under the hotel which I liked, felt my vehicle was very safe. They have a security guard inside the hotel overnight. It was located closer to most things in Dallas than I thought it would be. Only 10 minutes to the Galleria or 10 minutes to downtown Dallas(depending on traffic of coure, we traveled at non peak times), only took about 20 minutes to get to Pete's in Addison. We originally got a room on the 2nd floor and we like to stay on high floors, they were happy to put us on the 6th floor. The rooms are spacious and plenty big enough for the two of us. Something important to every traveler, the rooms were very clean, bathroom was very clean as well as the bedding. I found the top off of a deoderant stick under the bed when leaving the room, but no biggie. Roomservice did a good job and provided turndown service and towels everyday. My two favorite things about this hotel, the breakfast and manager's reception. The breakfast is great, best I have ever had in a hotel. We never really needed to eat lunch because of the big breakfast. Omlelets made to order, eggs, potatoes, hotcakes, sausage, bacon, yum! Plus having the typical cereal, fruit, yougert available. The manager's reception serves free beer, wine, and mixed drinks from 5:30-7:30 every night in the Atrium. Sunday night for some reason it was served in the bar. The selection is a bit limited but you can get most drinks you want, but it's not a free full bar. They mostly serve cheper acohol, but for free I didn't complain. My girlfriend said it was one of the best margritas she every had, and thats her drink of choice, I stuck to Jim Beem and coke. We did drink at the bar one evening, and the bartender was friendly and drink prices were on par with most other places. Overall we loved our stay!!

Three things that could have been better but are not deal breakers
1. The bed was confortable but could have been better, I've had those pillow top beds at hotels priced the same as this one that were extremely comfortable, if this hotel had those it would have been perfect.
2. Might be personal preference, but I like having a fan in the bathroom and non fogging mirror, didn't have either
3. You have to pay for internet access, $10 for a day, internet should be provided for free! And there are no free wireless connections in rage of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank guitar_rockin
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal with Race Away for the NASCAR in November 2010.
Although expensive, the hotel was very impressive. We had a lovely suite with wet bar and ensuite and separate lounge area.
The atrium inside the hotel is stunning, complete with waterfalls, ponds and fish.
We arrived just in time for 'happy hour' where the drinks were free from the atrium bar.

A pool was also available for use, which at the time had plenty of children enjoying the water.

After returning from the NASCAR event, we ordered room service as it was late, however there is also a restaurant located inside the hotel. Room service arrived when promised and was good food.

Breakfast in the morning was served in the atrium area and was a good combination of hot food and cereals.

Only negative is that the hotel is not near anything in particular, so you will need to take a tour or hire a car to visit any attractions.
Courtesy hotel shuttle to and from air port was appreciated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple