“Terrible-Room smelled like mold.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field
Ranked #40 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA USA
“Terrible-Room smelled like mold.”
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Was in Dallas for one night for a medical oral board certification exam. Was reserved at another hotel, which overbooked and bounced us to here- but that's another story.
This hotel is dreadful. The location is totally lame--very suburban, and there is nothing but strip malls (many of which are not fully occupied) around, so if you don't have a car, you are stuck in this dreary hotel. Speaking of stuck, the decor is that bad 80's stuff. The room was very cold- the thermostat was set at 55 degrees when I arrived (a colleague noted the same in his room). The room smelled like mold. I opted not to try to switch rooms, as I figured it was not an isolated situation. Another colleague noted the same in her room (so I was right). The layout of the room was good, and it was a good space for me to lay out my papers and laptop for last-minute studying. But I felt like I was in a cave, and sensed that I, too, smelled like mold when I left the room.
If it weren't for the staff, i would have given only 1 star. They were all very friendly and accomodating, and seem to genuinely want to provide great service. Oh, the fitness room was above average. Sometimes they seem to be an afterthought, but there were several cardio machines and a weight/stretch area, adjacent to the pool.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Valerie77
sortiz111, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Dear Guest

Please accept our apologies for the smell in your room. We have engaged the services of an engineering firm to identiy and seal any possible sources of water intrusion that could create a smell.

We hope that you do give us another opportunity to regain your trust and confidence. We are very proud of our hotel and the excellent responses we receive from our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write and outline your concerns. Your feedback is very helpful to continue to improve our beautiful hotel.

Sergio F. Ortiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
NC
Reviewed 7 April 2011

This hotel is very convenient for visits to SMU. They provide very courteous and convenient shuttle drop off and pick up. The hotel staff was friendly and were able to have a room ready for us by 10:30am due to our early arrival. The corporate rate for the room was excellent. Breakfasts included were very good. Room was quite adequate although could have used a touch of updating and improved interior lighting. The indoor pool was warm and excellent for swimming laps. Parking was free and underground--another plus.

1 Thank TRAVSFGTK
sortiz111, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor and your very nice comments. Indeed we have a very central and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Sergio
Portland, ME
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I found this place on TripAdvisor and what is mentioned is very true. Great location and rooms were spacious and clean. Used the fitness center one morning and checked out the Steam Room in the adjacent pool area. Went and had the omelet to order breakfast in the Am and the staff was very friendly as well. All in all, if you are in town for a night or two on business or pleasure or just passing through, this is definately a clean and safe place to stay at!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mainetoday
sortiz111, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This is a very nice hotel, with a wonderful group of staff and the views are amazing along with the breakfast and the area this hotel is around. I was in town to site see and this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephens60
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our hotel and our staff, and it is good to know that we meet your expectations; we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Plainview
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed 2 nights during spring break and my biggest thing is customer service...when we arrived the lady at the front counter was not at all kind...I have stayed at other Embassy Suites and this one was by far my least favorite....we actually left and went to stay at the one in Grapevine! They had security walking around, which I completly understand but for that security guard to approach me and my children at the pool to ask if those were my kids was offending....we were not disturbing nor bothering anyone for that matter....I would only suggest staying at another one....I love Embassy Suites and will continue staying loyal to them but I will NOT ever return to this one....

2 Thank mjb2401
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the way that our third party security company approached you and your family. I can understand why you would be offended. I assure you that we will work with them to be sure that they represent us as well as our own hotel employees. It is a very good point and we appreaciate knowing about it. I can only hope that you give us another opportunity to regain your trust and confidence. Please contact me next time that you are in Dallas. Again, many thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I thought this hotel was great-close to many fun places to go, close to the airport, and a comfortable bed with nice linens! Parking is all in front and very accessible, and the staff was very friendly. Also, this hotel is kid friendly, however, we never heard any disturbances and the room was quiet and comfortable. This Embassy Suites also has a little snack hour around 6:00 p.m. which is nice too.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Eroni
ThysJones, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your comments.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My wife, daughter (age 7), and I came to Dallas for a leisure/educational spring break. Principally, we planed to visit the Arboretum, the Dallas Museum of Art (including Nasher), the World Aquarium, and the Dallas Zoo. I wanted nice amenities, safety, and a central location, all within a reasonable price range. This Embassy Suite fit my needs exceptionally well. When you factored in the fact that you don't have to pay for valet parking (like alot of hotels in downtown Dallas), and you get a quality breakfast (cooked to order, not a cold cereal / danish bar) the quality vs economy was very well balanced. The room was spacious, with two TV's, so my wife could watch the season final of The Bachelor in the sitting room, while my daughter watched Nickelodeon in the bedroom. The mini frig. and microwave were a plus, as was the indoor pool. And while I could actually look out our bedroom window and watch departing jet traffic from Dallas Love Field, I found our room exceptionaly quiet. I found the staff to be engaging, the facilities to be pleasing, and the room accommodating. I have stayed at Hotels in Dallas before, only $30.00 to $40.00 dollars cheaper per night , where you were not certain your car was still going to be there in the morning. When you factor in the cost of a comparable breakfast for two adults and one child at a IHOP, your net gain of staying at a cheap hotel is near zero. My family and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments.